Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

New Trek Puzzles
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Star Trek Online: Delta Rising
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old February 8 2013, 05:36 AM   #136
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: "Best of both Worlds" - Special Bluray Release

dg1379 wrote: View Post
The ships in the graveyard scene are very well defined. The explosion at the end was fantastic!
I'm glad they showed the explosion, because this is a good preview for Cause and Effect. It makes me wonder how CBS-D is going to handle the Enterprise-D blowing up like 5 times in that episode, if they are going to do anything additions or what.

jimbotron,

Agreed about them taking out what made the cliffhanger so great. I think on tha end I'm glad they are showing this feature movie in the theaters so we can see how they are going to do it. I still think we're going to get "Mr. Worf, Fire", a good amount of black screen to let the score play, and then jump right into the next episode without the "previously on". That would be the best way, and it leaves the drama intact.
Old February 8 2013, 06:43 AM   #137
jimbotron
Fleet Captain

The color, contrast and brightness are much improved from the season 3 trailer. No worries, CBS-D knows what they're doing.
jimbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2013, 03:27 PM   #138
NewHorizon
Captain

Now that I've seen the trailer in HD, anyone notice how much better the shot with the cube and the two footer looks in CBS-D's hands? CBS-D took the same film elements and made the cube look menacing, real, and not like plastic. I compared the two shots in photoshop and the difference is staggering. Thank God they got rid of HTV.
NewHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2013, 03:40 PM   #139
Aatrek
Rear Admiral

davejames wrote: View Post
The only small complaint I still have with this two-parter.... are those goofy looking rainbow-colored phaser beams they constantly use on the Borg. I get that they had to look modified, but couldn't they have come up with something that looked a bit... cooler?
I kind of like the blue mixed in there.

Aatrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2013, 05:49 PM   #140
davejames
Vice Admiral

NewHorizon wrote: View Post
Now that I've seen the trailer in HD, anyone notice how much better the shot with the cube and the two footer looks in CBS-D's hands? CBS-D took the same film elements and made the cube look menacing, real, and not like plastic. I compared the two shots in photoshop and the difference is staggering. Thank God they got rid of HTV.
Yeah, I just compared them as well, and the new shot is a huge improvement. The Enterprise still looks like a dinky little model of course, but at least it's blended into the background better and the goofy looking sensor dish doesn't stand out as much.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2013, 06:25 PM   #141
MickJo1701
Commander

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
Looks like the opening shot of the Enterprise over Earth is Tobias Richter's 3D mesh. This is probably one of those elements that was moved down the line into another episode's collection.
Noticed that too, pretty good replacement CG shot as well. Though I do hope the film element turns up in the future, quite like that pass of the 4 footer.

davejames wrote: View Post
The only small complaint I still have with this two-parter.... are those goofy looking rainbow-colored phaser beams they constantly use on the Borg. I get that they had to look modified, but couldn't they have come up with something that looked a bit... cooler?
If you look at the shot of the saucer section firing at 1.15 in the trailer the phasers are fluctuating in colour. I thought it might just be an effect on the Borg viewscreen but the photons fired from the stardrive section are all orange.

Last edited by MickJo1701; February 8 2013 at 06:48 PM.
MickJo1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8 2013, 07:58 PM   #142
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

I always liked the "rainbow" colored phasers.. so much more interesting than just a plain energy beam Guess it's a taste thing.
Old February 8 2013, 08:08 PM   #143
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
I always liked the "rainbow" colored phasers.. so much more interesting than just a plain energy beam Guess it's a taste thing.
I did too. The phasers were showing the rotating frequency, instead of what we saw on Voyager where they say it was rotating frequency, but we only saw one color for the most part.
Old February 8 2013, 09:36 PM   #144
Scotty
Rear Admiral

I spotted some CGI enhancements here and there. The explosion of the Borg Cube for instance doesn't look to me like the original effect. But check out the amazing new Borg interior at 0.34 seconds into the promo. As in "Q Who" the Borg in the background now move. You can clearly see a drone stepping into his alcove.
Old February 9 2013, 12:32 AM   #145
Tiberius
Commodore

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I'm glad they showed the explosion, because this is a good preview for Cause and Effect. It makes me wonder how CBS-D is going to handle the Enterprise-D blowing up like 5 times in that episode, if they are going to do anything additions or what.
God, I hope so. It always bugged me that the Enterprise was spinning, spinning, spinning and then STOP, BOOM!
Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9 2013, 01:09 AM   #146
RAMA
Vice Admiral

1080p trailer....wow. OK ordered it....

RAMA
Old February 9 2013, 12:55 PM   #147
Aatrek
Rear Admiral

Full S3 / BOBW press release is out: http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/02092...sreleases.html

Four commentaries on the S3 set; the group on the BOBW disc.
Aatrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9 2013, 04:13 PM   #148
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Aatrek wrote: View Post
Four commentaries on the S3 set; the group on the BOBW disc.
I wonder if Ron Moore will do a podcast one for "The Defector", seeing as how there isn't one on the disc...

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9 2013, 04:20 PM   #149
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.

Does anyone have any info on the BOBW mid-episode edit on the telemovie disc? This really is the deal clincher for me - a slapdash, awkward transition between parts I/II equals no sale.
Old February 9 2013, 05:15 PM   #150
CaptainJack
Lieutenant Commander

The difference in the quality of the borg cube in BOBW compared to Season 2's Q-who is staggering. In Q-Who it looks like a low resolution matte painting. In BOBW its so clear and sharp that I can see ALL the little elements...
CaptainJack is offline   Reply With Quote