New X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Nimoy to Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Star Trek Special: Flesh and Stone Comic
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

These Are The Voyages TOS Season Two Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old February 1 2013, 06:09 AM   #31
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: 12th Doctor Announcement Coming In October?

From this viewer's read, it sounds like he really just doesn't have anything to say about the anniversary. That could be a sign that there isn't anything to say, or they're just being very very secretive for some reason.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2013, 09:12 AM   #32
Konata Izumi
Commander

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
I was trying to be charitable. I'm still reeling from this Moffat interview; I can't decide if he's drunk or if he's deliberately yanking the interviewer's chain.
Wow. That's pretty amazing

So he's anxious about getting the 50th wrong? Not about getting it right? He's anxious that he's getting it wrong?

I have to see that again.
Konata Izumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2013, 09:31 AM   #33
Lonemagpie
Writer

Considering that the page says "A Doctor & iconic monster t-shirt EVERY MONTH in 2013," and there are no iconic monsters in silhouette between January and November, then it stands to reason that December is probably a Dalek.
especially with the Daleks 50th being in December

If there's a 12th Doctor immediately post-anniversary, we'll know it by the end of April, not October

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2013, 09:35 AM   #34
VDCNI
Captain

Not really related to this but it's interesting that the big Dimensions convention in Newcastle which was meant to take place on the anniversary weekend has been moved forward to October - apparently for reasons that will become apparent over the next few weeks.

So are the BBC planning some big live events for that weekend.
VDCNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2013, 10:27 AM   #35
Konata Izumi
Commander

I was trying to be charitable. I'm still reeling from this Moffat interview; I can't decide if he's drunk or if he's deliberately yanking the interviewer's chain.
He looks very tired. I wonder if he should end the current showrunner formula and maybe give his plans for series eight to Gatiss or something. His mission of raising the quality of the show seems to be about done. And he already did the improvised series arc thing twice. His work here seems to be done.
Konata Izumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2013, 10:34 AM   #36
Starkers
Admiral

He's on a night out, of course he looks tired

I'm not sure what Allyn means about yanking the interviewers chain? Is it aroud the fact that he still seems to be suggesting Who will take over the telly in November? If so, it can do that without having a whole stream of episodes. I imagine we may get classic repeats on BBC3, and I imagine a whole host of Who alumni will be appearing on every panel show/chat show going! Plus whether it's Jena or someone else (still betting on Davison myself) there's bound to be a Who presense on Strictly this year.

As for a 12th Doctor, I think Lonemagpie is right, if there is going to be one we'll know way before the autumn

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2013, 01:52 PM   #37
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

Starkers wrote: View Post
I'm not sure what Allyn means about yanking the interviewers chain? Is it aroud the fact that he still seems to be suggesting Who will take over the telly in November?
No, I meant Moffat's inability to answer the questions straight and forthrightly.

I realize that Moffat didn't want to say anything about the anniversary plans, but at the same time he didn't have to be a joker about it.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2013, 02:12 PM   #38
Starkers
Admiral

Ah I sI thought he'd said something ridiculous like "We're making a three hour long film" or something!

Old February 1 2013, 03:12 PM   #39
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Konata Izumi wrote: View Post
He looks very tired.
That was my impression as well. A bone-tired, mentally exhausted state. I think he was trying to be humorous but just too exhausted to actually be funny. Can't blame him, he sounds busy!

Also, I thought the answer about Bond was telling. He didn't want to be involved so he could still enjoy it, which sort of implies he's not enjoying his current work as much. Probably because it's too much.

It's probably been stated, but does anyone known when filming for the anniversary special will start?

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2013, 03:28 PM   #40
Starkers
Admiral

I can think about now is what a Moffat scripted Bond film would be like!

Old February 1 2013, 03:35 PM   #41
Lonemagpie
Writer

VDCNI wrote: View Post
Not really related to this but it's interesting that the big Dimensions convention in Newcastle which was meant to take place on the anniversary weekend has been moved forward to October - apparently for reasons that will become apparent over the next few weeks.

So are the BBC planning some big live events for that weekend.
I've said before, I've heard that there's supposed to be a live episode on the 23rd...

Old February 1 2013, 03:36 PM   #42
Lonemagpie
Writer

Mr Awe wrote: View Post

It's probably been stated, but does anyone known when filming for the anniversary special will start?
April

Old February 7 2013, 12:32 PM   #43
StCoop
Commodore

Told you so!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118065796/

And yes, technically this doesn't mean his going but it doesn't look good does it now?

And on a related note, now that Being Human's been cancelled Toby Whithouse's going to be looking for a new job...

Last edited by StCoop; February 7 2013 at 12:45 PM.
StCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2013, 12:40 PM   #44
Lonemagpie
Writer

Didn't they cast a 12th when he did that film about the olympic rowers? no? well then...

And if they do we'll know well before October

Old February 7 2013, 12:44 PM   #45
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Depends on if they plan to film any more Who (beyond the Special(s)) this year. This could just be Smith filling a gap in his schedule and testing the Hollywood waters.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote