RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 142,276
Posts: 5,552,272
Members: 25,266
Currently online: 574
Newest member: kronictheking

TrekToday headlines

Star Trek Online Celebrates Five Years
By: T'Bonz on Jan 27

WizKids/Star Trek Online Caption Contest
By: T'Bonz on Jan 26

No Quinto In Heroes Reborn
By: T'Bonz on Jan 26

Pine Responds To Pegg Writer Announcement
By: T'Bonz on Jan 26

Retro Review: Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
By: Michelle on Jan 24

Urban in Aquaman?
By: T'Bonz on Jan 23

Pegg Co-writing Star Trek 3
By: T'Bonz on Jan 22

Stewart Narrated NASA Documentary
By: T'Bonz on Jan 21

Star Trek 3 Filming To Begin
By: T'Bonz on Jan 21

IDW Publishing Trek Comics For April 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jan 20


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old February 5 2013, 09:33 PM   #1006
tighr
Commodore
 
tighr's Avatar
 
Location: California
Re: NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

gblews wrote: View Post
But that is not the way infractions are called in the NFL. Just beacues both players are fouling, that does not mean the infractions cancel each other out.
And even if it were, offsetting penalties would result in replaying the down. Rather than 1st and goal from the 1, it would be 4th down again.
__________________
~Tighr™: Not helping the situation since 1983
tighr is offline  
Old February 5 2013, 10:05 PM   #1007
ThankQ
Admiral
 
ThankQ's Avatar
 
Location: Omnipresent
Re: NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

tighr wrote: View Post
gblews wrote: View Post
But that is not the way infractions are called in the NFL. Just beacues both players are fouling, that does not mean the infractions cancel each other out.
And even if it were, offsetting penalties would result in replaying the down. Rather than 1st and goal from the 1, it would be 4th down again.
Which, in my opinion, would have been the best. One more chance at it, not four.
__________________
"A still more glorious dawn awaits..."
-Carl Sagan

ThankQ
ThankQ is offline  
Old February 6 2013, 12:22 AM   #1008
gblews
Rear Admiral
 
gblews's Avatar
 
Location: So. Cal.
View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

ThankQ wrote: View Post
tighr wrote: View Post
gblews wrote: View Post
But that is not the way infractions are called in the NFL. Just beacues both players are fouling, that does not mean the infractions cancel each other out.
And even if it were, offsetting penalties would result in replaying the down. Rather than 1st and goal from the 1, it would be 4th down again.
Which, in my opinion, would have been the best. One more chance at it, not four.
Yeah, I would have been okay with this as well.
__________________
Duckman: I'll never forget the last thing my father said to me...
Cornfed: "Careful son, I don't think the safety's on"?
Duckman: BEFORE THAT!!!
gblews is offline  
Old February 6 2013, 02:18 AM   #1009
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE
 
Timby's Avatar
 
Re: NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

tighr wrote: View Post
gblews wrote: View Post
But that is not the way infractions are called in the NFL. Just beacues both players are fouling, that does not mean the infractions cancel each other out.
And even if it were, offsetting penalties would result in replaying the down. Rather than 1st and goal from the 1, it would be 4th down again.
No matter what, defensive holding is an automatic fresh set of downs.
Timby is offline  
Old February 6 2013, 02:31 AM   #1010
tighr
Commodore
 
tighr's Avatar
 
Location: California
Re: NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

Timby wrote: View Post
tighr wrote: View Post
gblews wrote: View Post
But that is not the way infractions are called in the NFL. Just beacues both players are fouling, that does not mean the infractions cancel each other out.
And even if it were, offsetting penalties would result in replaying the down. Rather than 1st and goal from the 1, it would be 4th down again.
No matter what, defensive holding is an automatic fresh set of downs.
I could be mistaken, but if defensive holding is called on the same live ball as offensive holding, the penalties offset and the down is replayed. This is regardless of the fact that DH is 5 yards and fresh downs.
__________________
~Tighr™: Not helping the situation since 1983
tighr is offline  
Old February 6 2013, 03:29 AM   #1011
ThankQ
Admiral
 
ThankQ's Avatar
 
Location: Omnipresent
Re: NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

tighr wrote: View Post
Timby wrote: View Post
tighr wrote: View Post
And even if it were, offsetting penalties would result in replaying the down. Rather than 1st and goal from the 1, it would be 4th down again.
No matter what, defensive holding is an automatic fresh set of downs.
I could be mistaken, but if defensive holding is called on the same live ball as offensive holding, the penalties offset and the down is replayed. This is regardless of the fact that DH is 5 yards and fresh downs.
Correct. Offsetting penalties, replay the down.
__________________
"A still more glorious dawn awaits..."
-Carl Sagan

ThankQ
ThankQ is offline  
Old February 6 2013, 04:24 AM   #1012
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation
 
Alidar Jarok's Avatar
 
Location: Norfolk, VA
Re: NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

tighr wrote: View Post
Timby wrote: View Post
tighr wrote: View Post
And even if it were, offsetting penalties would result in replaying the down. Rather than 1st and goal from the 1, it would be 4th down again.
No matter what, defensive holding is an automatic fresh set of downs.
I could be mistaken, but if defensive holding is called on the same live ball as offensive holding, the penalties offset and the down is replayed. This is regardless of the fact that DH is 5 yards and fresh downs.
Yep. This is true even if the offsetting penalty occurs after the foul. For example, DeSean Jackson caught a 30 yard pass while drawing a redundant pass interference call. He then proceeded to throw the ball at a Giants coach and got hit with an unsportsmanlike causing the Eagles to replay the down and erasing the entire gain.
__________________
When on Romulus, Do as the Romulans
Alidar Jarok is offline  
Old February 6 2013, 06:21 AM   #1013
the 4th hanson bro
No one can resist my Schweddy balls!
 
the 4th hanson bro's Avatar
 
Location: the 4th hanson bro
Re: NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

Since the season's now over, let's stick a knife in this one, destroy the bloody suit, and pay off the families.
__________________
-"bro is right (take note of that, because I'll probably never say it again )" - Orac Zen
-"Treasure my ass!" - star
-"I want medical science to advance sufficiently so that I can bear your offspring." - Holdfast to me.
the 4th hanson bro is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.