TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old February 5 2013, 03:16 AM   #31
trekker670
Fleet Captain

Re: Effects updates you'd like to see for TNG-remastered.

They may as well refilm "All Good Things..." too!

I know it would never happen, but it would be really cool and unique if they did get the gang back together to film the "future" scenes now that the actors are the correct ages. It would be completely unprecedented and I'm sure it would get a ton of publicity in the news.
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2013, 06:12 AM   #32
t_smitts
Commander

trekker670 wrote: View Post

I know it would never happen, but it would be really cool and unique if they did get the gang back together to film the "future" scenes now that the actors are the correct ages. It would be completely unprecedented and I'm sure it would get a ton of publicity in the news.
Except no one wants to see a sixty year old Data.
t_smitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2013, 06:22 AM   #33
Tiberius
Commodore

t_smitts wrote: View Post

Why not? The series established that Data is programmed to age in appearance.
Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2013, 07:36 AM   #34
t_smitts
Commander

Tiberius wrote: View Post

That was throwing a bone to acknowledge that Brent Spiner is aging.

I think, truthfully, we don't really want to see Data, the Doctor, the T-800, Angel, or Spike getting older.
t_smitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2013, 10:38 PM   #35
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

When did the series establish Data aged? I know Soong designed some androids that aged but I don't ever remember Data being one of them.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2013, 10:45 PM   #36
Ru ru, chu
Fleet Admiral

View Ru ru, chu's Twitter Profile

^ It wasn't established that Data could age, but that Juliana Tainer (the android version that Noonien Soong built after the real one died) could.
Old February 5 2013, 10:47 PM   #37
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

^Yeah, that's what I was referring too. I was just wondering about this statement:

Tiberius wrote: View Post

I don't believe that ever happened.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2013, 11:11 PM   #38
Dick_Valentine
Commander

View Dick_Valentine's Twitter Profile

I'd like them to return to the stuff that's in the script that was written in the original scripts but was abandoned due to budget concerns.

Stuff like the Stargazer actually firing a "barrage" of weapons at the Enterprise in The Battle, Admiral Pressman's ship not being an Oberth (I'm fine with them completely replacing any use of the Oberth class in the entire series tbh, horrible thing which makes no sense....do the Bridge crew have to BEAM down to engineering?)
and Picard's fleet for the tachyon detection grid being more than 3 or 4 ships.

Oh yeah, and no stupid stock shots like in Rascals (blatantly written that the Ferengi somehow happened to defeat 2 Klingon Birds of Prey and take over them just so they could use the same stock shots from Yesterday's Enterprise!) or Redemption....

The purists will hate it but no-one forces them to watch anything and complain about it all over the internet.
Ahhh, who am I kidding, they force themselves to do that
Old February 5 2013, 11:14 PM   #39
Tosk
Rear Admiral

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
When did the series establish Data aged? I know Soong designed some androids that aged but I don't ever remember Data being one of them.
Geordi in Inheritance: "It's part of her aging program. Not only does she age in appearance like Data, her vital signs change too."
Tosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2013, 11:46 PM   #40
throwback
Captain

The Ferengi didn't defeat the Klingons for their ships. They bought them from the Klingons.

Lurin:
For an investment of two surplus Klingon ships...
throwback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2013, 11:51 PM   #41
Dukhat
Commodore

Tosk wrote: View Post
Geordi in Inheritance: "It's part of her aging program. Not only does she age in appearance like Data, her vital signs change too."
I remember that quote. Unfortunately it's inconsistent with everything we know about Data not aging.

It might be nice to have a new look for the Bozeman, instead of just a Miranda with some extra stuff on the back.
I agree, but I think it's highly unlikely they will use anything other than the original footage of the Bozeman.

-I'd like to see the Arcos more clearly in "Legacy"
I would too, if only to see what model they used for it. I'm betting it was the Erstwhile. Of course, for this one scene they could create a new ship, one that would actually look like a Starfleet vessel, based on its class designation in the Encyclopedia.

-It's probably too late for this one, but those abnormally large BoP's surrounding the Romulans in "The Defector" would look better as a couple of Vor'chas.
But Vor'chas would still not be large enough to cover the wingspan of the Warbirds as those BoP's do in that scene. They'd have to create an even larger Klingon ship to match the sheer size of the Romulan ships.

-I'd also like to see more of the blockade fleet in "Redemption Part 2".
Seconded.

-Hopefully, we can also finally get rid of that unsightly phaser-from-the-torpedo-tube shot in "Darmok".
That, I could care less about.

Any others you'd like to see replaced?
I would love to see more wrecked ships at Wolf 359, and clearer shots of the decommissioned ships at Qualor II.
Old February 5 2013, 11:52 PM   #42
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

I'm hoping they do that for Harry Potter
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2013, 11:55 PM   #43
MacLeod
Admiral

How about creating a special edition of this episode "Pegasus" where they create a special version which incroperates elements from TATV. :P

Just kidding.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2013, 12:43 AM   #44
Squiggy Claus
Rampant Sexist

View Squiggy Claus's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Squiggy Claus

Dukhat wrote: View Post
Tosk wrote: View Post
I remember that quote. Unfortunately it's inconsistent with everything we know about Data not aging.
Um...we saw him age. And in AGT he added grey to his hair. The only thing we know about Data not aging is that was the excuse to kill him off at the end of Nemesis.
Old February 6 2013, 12:54 AM   #45
Dukhat
Commodore

^He pretty much stayed consistently the same age (thanks to makeup) for the run of TNG and the movies. And dying his hair white didn't affect his age. Plus,at one point (the episode in question escapes me) he did mention feeling hesitant about outliving his friends, making new friends, and outliving them too. That doesn't sound like the words of someone who thought he aged like a normal human.