Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old February 4 2013, 11:22 PM   #1591
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash
Re: PICTURE POST II!

Sakrysta wrote: View Post
So, to keep from completely derailing the desk top thread, I'm posting pictures of my My Little Pony collection here. This was actually fun, because a) I got to find where I had stored them, 2) I got to take them all out and admire them again, and c) I had an excuse to look up all the names I couldn't remember.

Bubbles, Applejack, Medley, Boysenberry Pie

Original 6 plus Lemon Drop from the Show Stable
Snuzzle, Blue Belle, Cotton Candy, Minty, Blossom, Butterscotch

Back row: Baby Cuddles (you can see her better in the next picture along with her buggy), Satin 'n' Lace, Coat (Tux) 'n' Tails, Seawinkle
Front Row: Clipper (you can see him better in the next picture), Squirmy, Baby Surprise, Baby Noddins, Whirly, High Flier

Back row: Baby Cuddles in her buggy, Satin 'n' Lace, Coat (Tux) 'n' Tails
Front Row: Ember, Lucky the Stallion, Clipper, Squirmy, Baby Surprise

Okay, so when I was a little girl, I was a member of the My Little Pony Fan Club. I loved my ponies. I still do. Whenever you bought a pony in the store, there were points on the package that you could collect and use toward special, club-only mail-order ponies. Ember was the first baby pony. Lucky the Stallion was the first boy pony. I'm pretty sure Clipper was club-exclusive too, and maybe Baby Surprise and Tux 'n' Tails. I had the Show Stable - I think it might have been a Christmas present one year that started the collection.

Of the original six, I had five. For a long time I thought I had all six because Lemon Drop looked like she belonged in the team. It wasn't until the Internet that I realized I didn't have Snuzzle. I found her later - I think at a flea market.

I think Lemon Drop is my favorite. She was always the one in charge when I played. I loved Medley because she had gorgeous hair. I think she was the first one I got that had curly hair. Ember and Lucky were big favorites too. I thought it was cool that I had ponies that no one else I knew had.
Those are wonderful! I recognized Applejack right away!

Look at all those terrific ponies! No wonder you were such a fan. They all seem to be special in their own way. Thank you for sharing your ponies, Sakrysta.
I think heaven is what you make it. When I close my eyes for the final time, I hope to wake up standing in a grassy, breezy, sunlit field, a green tennis ball at my feet, and a little black lab, with a white diamond on her chest, running right towards me.
Rainbow Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2013, 11:26 PM   #1592
freakishdane
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to freakishdane

J. Allen wrote: View Post
Love it
Old February 4 2013, 11:30 PM   #1593
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral

Location: The Halloween System in the Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
View Ghouleddie74's Twitter Profile

Those photos were great, Sakrysta! Very cute collection you've got there, and thanks for reminding me what Applejack used to look like in the old days...she's still more or less recognizable.
Old February 4 2013, 11:36 PM   #1594
Sakrysta
Vice Admiral

^Yeah, it just occurred to me that she's the only G1 pony I have that is a current character - at least that I know of.
Old February 4 2013, 11:44 PM   #1595
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral

I don't even remember Seawinkle.

She must have been one of those Sea Ponies that were briefly released to expand the toy line.
Old February 5 2013, 03:29 AM   #1596
Sakrysta
Vice Admiral

Yep, they were bath toys. She's weighted at the bottom so that she floats up and down like a seahorse. I played with her A LOT in the tub as a kid. I'm amazed at the shape she's in, considering.
Old February 5 2013, 03:51 AM   #1597
thestrangledcorpse
Vice Admiral

I bought a body wash last week just because it reminded me of how one of my scented My Little Ponies smelled. I wonder what happened to them all.

The Enterprise is my TARDIS.
thestrangledcorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2013, 04:35 AM   #1598
teacock
Admiral

I like those earlier ponies better though the new ones do capture the show's charms and vivacity. The old ones are very sweet.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2013, 09:12 PM   #1599
Gary7
Rear Admiral

Old February 5 2013, 09:20 PM   #1600
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
I don't even remember Seawinkle.

She must have been one of those Sea Ponies that were briefly released to expand the toy line.
I didn't even know there 'were' Seapony toys, considering they only appeared once, briefly.

I'm still waiting for at least one legit Vampony toy from Gen 4. Midnight Blossom as a blindbag would be awesome.
Old February 5 2013, 09:35 PM   #1601
Ghouleddie74
Fleet Admiral

I guess Hasbro released a few Sea Ponies and then killed off the subline because of disappointing sales. A lot of toy lines have their spinoffs that seem like a fantastic idea at first, then the sales numbers start rolling in and they realize they should have gone in another direction.
Old February 7 2013, 04:17 AM   #1602
Kommander
Commodore

I bought a frame for my first published piece of writing. It was a Cracked.com Photoshop contest, but it's mostly writing, and they published it, so it counts.

I bought a new frame for my first rejection letter as well, because I can't find the one I bought years ago. It's empty because I haven't received a rejection letter yet. Although, I just submitted a poem to Poetry Magazine because I'm required to for my creative writing class, so I should have one in 6 to 8 weeks, then I'll be a real writer!
Kommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2013, 04:22 AM   #1603
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Nice going! Which contest was it?
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2013, 04:24 AM   #1604
TheOneWhoKnocks
Vice Admiral

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
I bought a body wash last week just because it reminded me of how one of my scented My Little Ponies smelled. I wonder what happened to them all.
They are in your mother's attic next to your hula-hoop and lite-brite that you only used once and you used it to make a swear word.
No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!
TheOneWhoKnocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2013, 04:26 AM   #1605
Kommander
Commodore

Kestra wrote: View Post
Nice going! Which contest was it?
This one. I'm #5. A bunch of people in the comments said it should have been #1, and those people are awesome. Especially this:

I'm not the only one here who has been in one. I remember seeing Trekker4747's name once, but I don't remember which one. I'm sure he knows though.
Kommander is offline   Reply With Quote