Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 27 2013, 05:54 PM   #496
Caretaker
Commodore

View Caretaker's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Caretaker Send a message via AIM to Caretaker
Re: Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

It remains to be seen whether there will be much of a connection between the Effigy storyline and Haunted (aside from the first part of Effigy
and says that it starts five minutes before Haunted begins). My guess would be no, just because it looks like the main Smallville characters are busy with their own problems.

I love how issue 31 had an in-joke reference to the "Clark as a firefighter" storyline from the New 52 comics. Plus the drawings of Chloe and Oliver were pretty much dead on. And they seem to be connecting more with the JSA. I wonder if or when we'll see a reincarnated Carter and Shayera.

I read online that
appears briefly, which would definitely connect to The Crisis - I'm not familiar with that character, so I guess I'll need to so some Wikipedia reading.
Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2013, 11:52 PM   #497
Procutus
Admiral

Caretaker wrote: View Post
I'm not familiar with that character, so I guess I'll need to so some Wikipedia reading.

Same here, I'll have to do the same.

Old January 28 2013, 01:14 AM   #498
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Yes, when I say "a fully formed Justice League" I mean the one we all know and love from the comics. As I've said before earlier in the thread, most of this season most likely would not have been realized on television. I still expect that Miller will introduce Diana and Green Lantern prior to the conclusion of this season.

Miller has I believe, said that Effigy is indeed connected to season 11 proper, again I believe this is just another way to start connecting all the characters together.

I think I posted this before, but if not, this is the release schedule for Season 11 up to April.

http://www.blueskybriccabraq.com/blo...-schedule.html

The Anit-Monitor as mentioned above is crucial to Crisis on Infinite Earths and was the main antagonist. All signs since we heard the word "Crisis" point to Miller adapting Crisis on Infinite Earths.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Monitor

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2013, 10:40 PM   #499
Procutus
Admiral

Caught up last night, reading 30, 31 & 32. Loved 31, great stuff with Chlo getting brain-linked to her dead counterpart, and I also really liked Clark and Bart visiting the old JSA HQ. It really does seem as if Miller is trying to merge ten years of Smallville on the tube with the DCU, making a separate reality of his own.

Good stuff indeed.

Old February 4 2013, 09:34 AM   #500
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

It's kind of funny that Miller seems to be doing Crisis on Infinite Earths since they basically adapted "Final Crisis" (or at least parts of it) on the final season. I have yet to read "Effigy" part two yet. It's been a chaotic weekend. Will hopefully do that in the next couple of days.

Old February 5 2013, 05:58 PM   #501
Procutus
Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
It's kind of funny that Miller seems to be doing Crisis on Infinite Earths since they basically adapted "Final Crisis" (or at least parts of it) on the final season.

Sort of makes you wonder if a return of Doomsday isn't too far behind, or if that would be part of the 'Crisis'. The big question would be if Miller would do a return bout between Supes and Doomsday in the same way as the original DC storyline.
Old February 6 2013, 01:00 AM   #502
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I don't see Doomsday returning. I think putting him "in the hole in the ground" where Clark put him was a homage to the comics. If anything I could see Miller doing a "Death of Superman" arc...but that would be a LONG way off since this is still Superman Year One.

The Anti-Monitor will be bad enough to deal with. It took heroes from several different realities to stop him after all

Old February 6 2013, 01:31 AM   #503
Procutus
Admiral

So do you think Miller's 'Crisis' is going to boldly embrace the MWI theory, or will this just be our world and Earth-2?

And is Chloe-2 from the same alternate universe that Lionel-2 came from, or is this in fact, a third parallel universe?
Old February 6 2013, 01:36 AM   #504
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Most likely a third alternate reality. Slowly introducing the 52 Earth's. This is also why we're getting the J'onn/Bruce spin off series. We're seeing Clark and Bart work together, J'onn and Bruce have a close friendship in the comics. We're slowly building to the formation of the "Smallville" Justice League proper. The building of the Watchtower on the moon was a huge hint IMO. We think what we've read so far is awesome? I think all of this is just the tip of the ice berg to be honest.

Old February 6 2013, 01:44 AM   #505
Procutus
Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
We think what we've read so far is awesome? I think all of this is just the tip of the ice berg to be honest.

I hope you're right, since we've had so many let-downs in the past with the show. Do you know just how long this book will run? (Forever, hopefully!)

Old February 6 2013, 02:20 AM   #506
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

No idea. No way to track the numbers either since it's digital. But the fact we're getting printed issues and a trade starting in April are all good signs to me that this is "selling" well.

Old February 6 2013, 12:51 PM   #507
Procutus
Admiral

Digital works for me. No need to create space to store them, and I can take them anywhere. Definitely will be nice when we go away in October.

I'm glad though, that it seems that SV is doing well, considering the various 'regular' Superman titles. Definitely a lot of fun seeing this particular version continue.
Old February 7 2013, 09:06 AM   #508
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Finally read Effigy Part 2 (part three comes out March 1), and we have a new Haunted tomorrow (Friday). White Martians!!!! Jim Gordon!!!!! Miller keeps pulling out all the stops and giving us these easter eggs...but they are merely pieces of the overall puzzle that he's building. Also I loved the Burton like Batmobile shields on the Batmobile! The call to Watchtower was awesome as well. This is just awesome writing and story telling.

Old February 7 2013, 01:17 PM   #509
Procutus
Admiral

I was surprised when Batman referred to Gordon as 'Jim' and not 'Commissioner'. Guess they're good friends in the SV universe, eh?
Old February 7 2013, 01:26 PM   #510
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Remember that it was implied by Chloe that Bruce has been working as Batman a lot longer than Clark has been even active as a superhero. The flashbacks we've seen of Bruce in the main arc would support that as well so I'm not surprised at all.