Which Movie From One To Six Has The Best Quotes And One Liners ???

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Nero's Shadow, Feb 3, 2013.

?

Which TOS movie has the best one liners and quotes ??

1. Star Trek TMP

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Star Trek TWOK

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. Star Trek TSFS

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. Star Trek TVH

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  5. Star Trek TFF

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Star Trek TUC

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

I've been watching the TOS movies and I've always liked the one liners and best quotes !!! Which of the movies do you personally think has the best one liners and quotes ??

I have two and it's from STTSFS first one Kirk to McCoy in the Detention centre how many fingers am I holding up !!! And my 2nd one is Scotty to kirk talking about the Excelsior if my granny had wheels she,d be a wagon !!! Great one liners !!!

What's your and why ???

2. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, The Motion Picure is my favourite Trek film but it's primarily a mood piece/visual experience so would be a poor pick for this topic. I'd say Wrath of Khan has the best dialogue of all the Trek films. All the character interaction is memorable and endearing.

Spock: If I may be so bold, it was a mistake for you to accept promotion. Commanding a starship is your first, best destiny; anything else is a waste of material.
    Kirk: I would not presume to debate you.
    Spock: That is wise. Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
    Kirk: Or the one.
    Spock: You are my superior officer. You are also my friend. I have been and always shall be yours.

3. Xaios

Xaios Commander Red Shirt

Honestly, I'd have to give it to The Voyage Home. The dialogue is just so snappy, it has great one liners as well as some great conversations.

4. Nero's Shadow

BEST QUOTE EVER !!!!

5. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
    well, it's probably going to be TVH, since that's pretty much a comedy movie. TMP probably has the least because it's meant to be a very cerebral and serious sci-fi piece.

6. gottacook

gottacook Captain Captain

I selected TUC:

"But... I cannot verify the existence of Praxis."

Shakespeare best experienced "in the original Klingon"

"I could only succeed you, sir."

"James... Tibeerius... Kirk"

"What is it with you?"

"I can't believe I kissed you!" "Must've been your lifelong dream!"

7. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All of II through VI have got their moments, even if V skirts the edge of being too silly at times.

Always like Scotty's exchange with the Excelsior turbolift in TSFS. "Up yer shaft!" :lol:

8. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

The Search for Spock because it had a lot of sentimental moments at the beginning that I think were quote worthy referencing Spock's death. A lot of good exchanges with Sarek as well.

9. Nero's Shadow

So many good lines from TSFS another one of my favourites is kirks chilling shock to his sons death "You Klingon bastard you've killed my son "

10. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And another: Doctor McCoy's "That green-blooded son of a bitch! It's his revenge for all those arguments he lost." :guffaw:

11. Desert Kris

Desert Kris Captain Captain

I know The Final Frontier doesn't get a lot of love, but there's nothing quite like Captain Kirk's nerve when questioning the legitimacy of a diety: "What does God need with a starship?" Classic.

12. JediKnightButler

JediKnightButler Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Whenever I'm quoting Star Trek lines, the ones that come most easily to mind are from TUC. It had a lot of good ones IMHO. Not to say that the dialogue from any of the other movies was bad but there were a lot of good one-liners in TUC- moreso than the other movies, which seemed, on whole, to have less dialogue in general.

Chang: "In space, all warriors are cold warriors"

Kirk: "Still think we're finished?
    McCoy: "More than ever!"

Kirk: "He was just about to tell us everything!"
    Chekov: "You want to go back?"
    McCoy: "Absolutely NOT!"

Spock: "Doctor, would you care to assist me in performing surgery on a torpedo?"
    McCoy: "Sounds fascinating!"

McCoy: "I'd pay real money for him (Chang) to shut up!"

Kirk: "Well, once again, we've saved civilization as we know it."
    McCoy: "And they're not going to be pressing charges."

Spock: "If I were human, I believe my response would be, go to hell! If I were human...."

Of course, the whole part about the bridge crew speaking Klingon-ese en route to Rura Penthe was hilarious!

I do like a lot of lines from TSFS though, particularly during the Enterprise theft scene.

Sulu: "Don't call me tiny!"

Uhura: "This isn't reality. This is fantasy! You wanted adventure, how's this? Feel the old adrenaline flowing? Now, get in the closet!

Styles: "Bridge, this the Captain. How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock?"

and then, of course, there's:

Kirk: "Klingon bastards! You killed my son!"

and

Kirk: "Sorry about your crew but as we say on Earth, C'est LaVie!"

and

Kirk: "I........have had......enough....of....YOU!!!!"

Maltz: "Wait! You told me that you were going to kill me!"
    Kirk: "I lied."

On second tought, maybe it's a toss up for me on these two.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  13. Xaios

Xaios Commander Red Shirt

Spock has some great fish-out-of-water quips in TVH:

Spock: What does it mean, "exact change?"

Spock: They like you very much, but they are not the hell your whales.
    Dr. Gillian Taylor: I suppose they told you that.
    Spock: The hell they did.

Scotty: Hello, computer!

Dr. Gillian Taylor: Do you guys like Italian?
    Spock: No.
    Kirk: Yes.
    Kirk: [at Spock] No, Yes.
    Kirk: Yes, I love Italian...
    [looks at Spock]
    Kirk: And so do you.
    Spock: Yes.

Kirk: Spock, where the hell's the power you promised?
    Spock: One damn minute, Admiral.

Kirk: If we play our cards right, we may be able to find out when those whales are being released.
    Spock: How will playing cards help?

Dr. Gillian Taylor: Don't tell me! You're from outer space.
    Kirk: No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space.

Chekov: Cloaking device available on all flight modes.
    Kirk: I'm impressed! That's a lot of work for a short journey.
    Chekov: We are in an enemy vessel. I did not wish to be shot down on our way to our own funeral.

Scotty: Damage control is easy. Reading Klingon... that's hard!

Kirk: Name! Rank!
    Chekov: Chekov, Pavel. Rank... Admiral!

14. heavy lids

heavy lids Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

"There was a casualty, my wits!"

15. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't narrow it down to one film, since they all have great dialogue, at least somewhere.

However, one piece of dialogue that I always liked was Kirk's exchange with Carol Marcus on Regula.

Kirk: "There's a man I haven't seen in 15 years who's trying to kill me. You show me a son who'd be happy to help him. My son. My life that could have been, and wasn't. What am I feeling? I'm old, and worn out."

16. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

For me it's easily The Search for Spock.

17. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Kirk: Well, Mr. Saavik, do you plan to stay with the sinking ship?
    Saavik: Permission to speak freely.
    Kirk: (Pause) Granted.
    Saavik: I do not believe this was a fair test of my command abilities.
    Kirk: And why not?
    Saavik: Because...there was no way to win.
    Kirk: A no-win situation is the possibility every commander may face. Has that never occured to you?
    Saavik: No, sir, it has not.
    Kirk: How we deal with death, is at least as important as how we deal with life, wouldn't you say?
    Saavik: As I indicated, Admiral, that thought had not occured to me.

Kirk: Aren't you dead?

Khan: You see, there young enter through the ear and wrap themselves around the cerebral cortex. This has the effect of rendering the victim extremely susceptible to, uh, suggestion. Later as they grow, follows madness. And death.

Bones: Never rains, but it pours.
    Kirk: As a physician, you of all people, should appreciate the dangers of re-opening old wounds.

Spock: For everything, there is a first time, Lieutenant.

Khan: He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him. I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia, 'round the Antearas maelstrom, and 'round perdition's flames before I give him up!

Kirk: Something may be wrong on Regula One. We've been ordered to investigate.
    Spock: If Memory serves, Regula One is a research laboratory.
    Kirk: I told Starfleet Command all we have is a boatload of children. But we're the only ship in the Quadrant. Spock, these cadets of yours: how good are they? How will they respond under real pressure?
    Spock: As with all living things, each according to his gifts. Of course, the ship is yours.
    Kirk: That won't be necessary, just get me to Regula One.
    Spock: As a teacher, on a training mission, I am content to command the Enterprise. If we were to go on actual duty, the senior officer on board, must assume command.
    Kirk: It may be nothing, garbled communications. You take the shi--
    Spock: Jim, you proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
    Kirk: You're about to remind me that logic dictates your actions?
    Spock: I would not remind you of that which you know so well. If I may be so bold, it was a mistake for you ever to accept promotion. Commanding a Starship is your first, best destiny. Anything else, is a waste of material.
    Kirk: I would not presume to debate you.
    Spock: That is wise. In any case, were I to evoke logic, logic clearly dictates, that the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few.
    Kirk: Or the one.
    Spock: You are my superior officer. You are also my friend. I have been, and always shall be yours.

Khan: I've done far worse than kill you. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on hurting you. I leave you as you left me, as you left her. Marooned for all eternity at the center of a dead planet. Buried alive! Buried alive!
    Kirk: KHAAAAAAAANN!!!!

Carol: Actually, he's a lot like you, in many ways. Please tell me what you're feeling.
    Kirk: There's a man out there I haven't seen in 15 years who's trying to kill me. You show me a son that would be happy to help? My son. My life that could've been, and wasn't. What am I feeling? Old. Worn out.

Saavik: On the test, sir, I would really like to know what you did.
    McCoy: Lieutenant, you are looking at the only cadet who ever beat the no-win scenario (pointing at Kirk).
    Saavik: How?
    Kirk: I re-programmed the simulation, so it was possible to rescue the ship.
    Saavik: You what?!?
    David: He cheated.
    Kirk: I changed the conditions of the test. I got an accommodation for original thinking. I don't like to lose.
    Saavik: Then you never face that situation, face death?
    Kirk: I don't believe in a no-win scenario. Kirk to Spock, it's two hours, are you ready?
    Spock: Right on schedule, Admiral. Just give us your coordinates, and we'll beam you aboard.
    Kirk: All Right! (to Saavik, smirking) I don't like to lose.

Kirk: We are assembled here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. Yet, it should be noted, that in the midst of our sorrow, this death takes place in the shadow of a new life, the sunrise of a new world. A world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one. And we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most...human.

David: Lieutenant Saavik was right. You never have faced death.
    Kirk: (pause) No, not like this. I cheated death, tricked my way out of death, and patted myself on my back for my ingenuity.
    David: You knew enough to tell Lieutenant Saavik that how we face death is as important as how we face life.
    Kirk: Those are just words.
    David: Good words. That's where ideas begin. Maybe you should listen to them. I was wrong about you.
    Kirk: Is that what you came here to say?
    David: Mainly. And to tell you that I am proud, very proud to be your son.

McCoy: He's really not dead, as long as we remember him.
    Kirk: "It is a far better thing I do now than I have ever done before. A far better resting place I go to now, than I have ever known."
    Carol: Is that a poem?
    Kirk: No, something Spock was trying to tell me, on my birthday.
    McCoy: You OK, Jim? How do you feel?
    Kirk: Young! I feel young!

II is the best.

18. heavy lids

heavy lids Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Loved this part.