Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old February 3 2013, 10:25 AM   #76
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Re: 30 Rock: Final Season (Discussion, spoilers, etc.)

What an odd sexually repressed argument you all seem to be having - the character seems to be wearing perfectly normal clothes in the link provided above.

I know you Americans have issues when it comes to women but really you'd think she was being spit-roasted live on screen every week.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2013, 08:50 PM   #77
FFunctionalData
Lieutenant Commander

that cleavage comment had to be a troll.
FFunctionalData is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2013, 09:29 AM   #78
A beaker full of death
Vice Admiral

the G-man wrote: View Post
Actually BfoD is (partially) correct. While Liz was supposed to be boyish, Fey herself displayed a fair amount of (very fine IMO) cleavage in a number of episodes, often with Liz wearing a moderately low cut shirt under her blazer.
Thank you. This is the sort of wardrobe I was referring to.

boobatuba wrote: View Post
Where's his evidence? As noted, she's received multiple awards and countless accolades for her work. It doesn't seem like she needs to rely on her physical attributes at all.

That's why I find such a comment sexist.
The evidence is linked above. However, I was overly flippant in saying her cleavage only got her so far. I did not mean it was the reason for her success. Rather, it was calculatedly eye-catching, especially in contrast with the persona she otherwise tried to project, and frankly, it was responsible for my watching that show a few times more than I might have otherwise.
So think me sexist if you must. I am quite satisfied that I am not.

FFunctionalData wrote: View Post
that cleavage comment had to be a troll.
I'm sorry, who the fuck are you and when did you get here?
Old February 4 2013, 04:45 PM   #79
boobatuba
Rear Admiral

A beaker full of death wrote: View Post
Where's his evidence? As noted, she's received multiple awards and countless accolades for her work. It doesn't seem like she needs to rely on her physical attributes at all.

The evidence is linked above. However, I was overly flippant in saying her cleavage only got her so far. I did not mean it was the reason for her success. Rather, it was calculatedly eye-catching, especially in contrast with the persona she otherwise tried to project, and frankly, it was responsible for my watching that show a few times more than I might have otherwise.
I didn't say that you're sexist. I said that your statement was. Big difference.
Old February 4 2013, 07:14 PM   #80
FFunctionalData
Lieutenant Commander

I'm sorry, who the fuck are you and when did you get here?
my name and join date are on display in my profile so all your questions are answered. By your response you seem very upset but to me your cleavage comment made no sense so either it was joke or you are easily aroused. either way
FFunctionalData is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2013, 03:00 AM   #81
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Sorry, but you can see that much cleavage on any number of women in numerous social environments any day of the week. It's hardly "calculating".
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2013, 02:05 AM   #82
J. Allen
Best Pony™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post

Sorry, but you can see that much cleavage on any number of women in numerous social environments any day of the week. It's hardly "calculating".
She tasks him. She tasks him and he shall have her. He'll chase her round the Moons of Nibia, and round the Antares Maelstrom, and round Perdition's flames before he gives her up! Prepare to alter blouse!
-=- My Patron Saint is Twilight Sparkle -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2013, 08:10 AM   #83
A beaker full of death
Vice Admiral

The workplace is not a social environment. That amount of cleavage is inappropriate in most work environments (assuming one is not the main attraction at the Superbowl halftime show). My firm has sent young associates home to change for showing less.
And yes, it is entirely calculated. No one accidentally shows off their solar plexus in the office.
Old February 6 2013, 10:35 AM   #84
Beagleman
Captain

The workplace is not a social environment. That amount of cleavage is inappropriate in most work environments (assuming one is not the main attraction at the Superbowl halftime show). My firm has sent young associates home to change for showing less.
And yes, it is entirely calculated. No one accidentally shows off their solar plexus in the office.
Is your firm located in Saudi Arabia or the Vatican by any chance?
Beagleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2013, 04:42 PM   #85
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Of course the work place is a social environment. Any place that people gather is one. You're a lawyer, not a comedy writer. I imagine the dress code is different in a writers room or TV studio. So what are your thoughts on Jenna or Ceries clothing? Liz comes across as a woman who's unaware that she might be showing more than she knows.

How is it calculated? Remember we're looking at Liz Lemon not Tina Fey. Solar Plexus???? I think the neck line would have to plunge a bit lower for that. Liz comes across as a woman who's unaware that she might be showing more than she knows.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Old February 6 2013, 07:59 PM   #86
J. Allen
Best Pony™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Next she'll be showing her goddamn devil ankles.
-=- My Patron Saint is Twilight Sparkle -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6 2013, 08:19 PM   #87
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Anything goes.
Old February 7 2013, 02:58 AM   #88
Mr Light
Admiral

30 ROCK is one of my all time favorite sit coms, vying with Arrested Development for the top spot. An amazingly talented and hilarious series. I'm really sad it's over, but I'm so happy we got seven years despite low ratings. With this and The Office ending (yeah, I still like it!), next year's comedy schedule is going to be vast inferior...

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote