Orci Drops Rangers Project
By: T'Bonz on Sep 22

Retro Review: Image in the Sand
By: Michelle on Sep 20

Star Trek: Shadows Of Tyranny Casting Call
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

View Poll Results: What's your typical dating range?
- less than 5 years 13 20.31%
- 5 years 22 34.38%
- 10 years 19 29.69%
- 15 years 2 3.13%
- 20 years 1 1.56%
+ less than 5 years 9 14.06%
+ 5 years 16 25.00%
+ 10 years 16 25.00%
+ 15 years 7 10.94%
+ 20 years 2 3.13%
None of the above/I like to be difficult. 9 14.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 2 2013, 10:52 PM   #61
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Re: Dating Range?

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
After all, dating is just dating-- it's only when you're serious that age differences have real significance,
I guess I've never really seen the point in dating without being serious about it.
I thought I would be that way, and I'm sure I will again. I didn't think I'd even be dating again this soon but it's kind of a nice distraction, as long as it doesn't get too complicated. Dating without being serious about it is just kinda ... fun.
Old February 2 2013, 11:23 PM   #62
iguana_tonante
Admiral

Shanndee wrote: View Post
Oh, absolutely! Hubby loves to torment me with "Wow, when you were starting university I was 12!" My response is always...Ewwwwww!
Same age difference, and I love to give that to my partner, too. It's rather fun to see her squirm with the uncomfortableness.

Kestra wrote: View Post
Dating without being serious about it is just kinda ... fun.
Sokath, his eyes uncovered.
Old February 3 2013, 01:22 AM   #63
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

I thought I would be that way, and I'm sure I will again. I didn't think I'd even be dating again this soon but it's kind of a nice distraction, as long as it doesn't get too complicated. Dating without being serious about it is just kinda ... fun.
I...feel I've missed a bit here. Not surprising considering I do not frequent this board as much as I used to. Am I to understand that you are no longer married?
Old February 3 2013, 01:32 AM   #64
trekkiedane
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trekkiedane

+∞
And I took "dating" to mean something different from "going to the movies with".
Old February 3 2013, 01:38 AM   #65
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Emher wrote: View Post
I...feel I've missed a bit here. Not surprising considering I do not frequent this board as much as I used to. Am I to understand that you are no longer married?
In the process of getting a divorce. Won't be finalized till this summer at the earliest.
Old February 3 2013, 01:44 AM   #66
RevDMV
Rear Admiral

Let see back when I did date I was as much as +8 and -10.

Wife is +2 on me.
Old February 3 2013, 02:05 AM   #67
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

I thought the guys would be skewing younger than this.
We're living in the Age of the MILF.

It's a glorious time to be alive!

RevDMV wrote: View Post

Wife is +2 on me.
Mine too.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2013, 02:20 AM   #68
trekkiedane
Admiral

teacake wrote: View Post
Isn't Patrick Stewart everyone's exception?
Most people I know (gay or female) would choose Sean Connery as their exception.
Me: Do you like Lady Gaga?
Me: "Isn't that an internet-meme?"
RoJoHen wrote: View Post
If I make pop culture references that you don't understand, you're probably a bit too young.

And if that makes you too old I don't mind telling you about it - or reversely; learning about it.
lurok wrote: View Post
I'm genuinely happy with whoever will put up with me; age irrelevant. Just wish I could meet someone with same interests/passions, but they only exist online
Don't I know it - And they're usually on another continent and way younger than I
Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
Never had an age range, never had a type. So I'm gonna be difficult on the poll.
How you doin'?

The first 'boy'friend I took home to my parents turned out to be two months older than my dad - And even after we split up he continued to be a friend of the family: a pal to dad and a confidant to mum -and- a friend to me.
Old February 3 2013, 03:43 AM   #69
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

My range isn't really all that set. Until I was about 20 I just dated whoever was willing, but that tended to be people pretty close to my age or younger and a couple women in their mid 20s who didn't realize how young I was at the time. Then for a while in my early 20s I tended to attract 17-19 year old after 17-19 year old until at 26 I essentially swore off anyone under 21. Today, at 27, I would give anyone a shot between 21 and 35 or so. I'll be finally finishing school in the next couple years and would optimally like to have a couple years with someone before having the kid(s) I'd like to have somewhere before my late 30s.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2013, 03:57 AM   #70
J. Allen
Science Is Magic™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

trekkiedane wrote: View Post
Most people I know (gay or female) would choose Sean Connery as their exception.
In this, teacake and I are of one mind. If Patrick Stewart asked me out on a date, I'd accept right on the spot. It's the voice. I swear to all the gods that ever were, that voice does something to my brain. Also, other things.
Brony Kingdom
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2013, 04:20 AM   #71
trekkiedane
Admiral

J. Allen wrote: View Post
In this, teacake and I are of one mind. If Patrick Stewart asked me out on a date, I'd accept right on the spot. It's the voice. I swear to all the gods that ever were, that voice does something to my brain. Also, other things.
But despite everything it doesn't have that certain Scottish je ne sais quoi that makes your knees melt!
Old February 3 2013, 04:22 AM   #72
J. Allen
Science Is Magic™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

But despite everything it doesn't have that certain Scottish je ne sais quoi that makes your knees melt!
Surprisingly, my knees don't melt at a Scottish accent. English, yes, Irish, yes, Scottish? Nope.

Wait! One exception to that rule: Have I already mentioned my willingness to have sex with Ewan McGregor? If not, then I have just now.
Brony Kingdom
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2013, 05:04 AM   #73
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Location: Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space station

Finn wrote: View Post
^but maturity is relative. A mature 20 year old is still quite different from a mature 40 year old. Why? The 40 year old usually has twice the lifetime experience.
Yes it is. That's why I wrote about the other one being "compatible" with me, as in - be on a similar level of maturity. Numbers are irrelevant to me.
Old February 3 2013, 10:10 AM   #74
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

Wait! One exception to that rule: Have I already mentioned my willingness to have sex with Ewan McGregor? If not, then I have just now.
I WILL FIGHT YOU

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2013, 11:12 AM   #75
Data Holmes
Admiral

After some thought, I've come to the conclusion that I'm unable to answer this question.

I'm at a point in my life where I'd be so overjoyed just to find a nice girl who loved/liked me enough to date me, I don't think age difference would be a thought.