IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

View Poll Results: What's your typical dating range?
- less than 5 years 13 20.31%
- 5 years 22 34.38%
- 10 years 19 29.69%
- 15 years 2 3.13%
- 20 years 1 1.56%
+ less than 5 years 9 14.06%
+ 5 years 16 25.00%
+ 10 years 16 25.00%
+ 15 years 7 10.94%
+ 20 years 2 3.13%
None of the above/I like to be difficult. 9 14.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 2 2013, 09:20 AM   #46
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Re: Dating Range?

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
Kestra wrote: View Post
I thought the guys would be skewing younger than this.
That's because you're trying to land a 45-year old sugar daddy. Your perspective's all off.
Well when you put it that way ... it sounds like an awesome idea!

It's not like I think all guys want someone as young as they can get, I just didn't think it would be as big of a deal. But I can get the shared references and all.
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2 2013, 09:39 AM   #47
lurok
Commodore

I'm genuinely happy with whoever will put up with me; age irrelevant. Just wish I could meet someone with same interests/passions, but they only exist online
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2 2013, 02:29 PM   #48
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

I'm one of the difficult people For me, really, it's all about the person. Age is not a huge deal. I can be equally attracted to a woman at 50 as I can a woman at 22. I think the only real limit I have is I tend I to avoid anyone under 20...I'm just setting myself up for trouble otherwise.

That being said, I do tend find the most "potential" with women -5/+5 years within my own age range. Mostly because of things like where you are in life and such. Might make a potential relationship easier.
J. Allen wrote: View Post
I'm also a big fan of Katy Perry. She's so damned adorable.
Yeah, I'm a big fan of Katy as well. Besides tho obvious factor that she's gorgeous, I really dig her attitude. She can be both silly and serious. Pretty much the only "pop starlet" at the moment I really like.
Old February 2 2013, 04:12 PM   #49
Korob
The Revd's Oldman

View Korob's Twitter Profile

Never had an age range, never had a type. So I'm gonna be difficult on the poll.
Old February 2 2013, 04:27 PM   #50
Balrog
Commodore

I'd agree with many here. As long as the person you are with shares many of the same interests, is going in a similar direction as you in your life, and you are attracted to one another, age is irrelevant.
Old February 2 2013, 05:46 PM   #51
I Am Groot
I Am Groot

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
I thought the guys would be skewing younger than this.
That's because you're trying to land a 45-year old sugar daddy. Your perspective's all off.
Well when you put it that way ... it sounds like an awesome idea!

It's not like I think all guys want someone as young as they can get, I just didn't think it would be as big of a deal. But I can get the shared references and all.
I got where you were coming from. I just couldn't resist the opportunity to tease you a bit.
Old February 2 2013, 05:56 PM   #52
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral

As a rule I'd say +/- 5 years, though the closer to my age the better. I realize that age isn't the most important thing in a relationship - compatibility, shared interests, chemistry, etc. are all very important elements. However, I think it's important that the other person be at a similar place in their life, and that we want the same things. Sometimes a dramatic age different can make that more complicated.
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Warp Coil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2 2013, 07:04 PM   #53
Sam_I_Am
Captain

View Sam_I_Am's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sam_I_Am

I'm 23. No way am I going out with someone under 20. My eldest boyfriend/date has been 28.
Old February 2 2013, 07:33 PM   #54
-Brett-
Rear Admiral

+ or - 5 years. 24 - 34. Sounds about right. Not that I adhere very strictly to that range.
-Brett- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2 2013, 07:50 PM   #55
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Im 27, I date 19 to 29ish, but voted within 5 years either way.

Most people I know date anyone who is around. A friend of mine is dating someone over twice his age after telling me he would never date the guy. He got desperate and that's just sad.
Old February 2 2013, 08:01 PM   #56
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I answered plus or minus ten years, but that's very negotiable. After all, dating is just dating-- it's only when you're serious that age differences have real significance, and it's been years since I've dated anybody with serious intent. The biggest age difference I've ever experienced was when I had a couple of dates with a 35-year-old woman when I was 21, and a serious relationship would have been a bad idea; she's well past retirement age now.
Old February 2 2013, 08:02 PM   #57
RoJoHen
Awesome

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
After all, dating is just dating-- it's only when you're serious that age differences have real significance,
I guess I've never really seen the point in dating without being serious about it.
Old February 2 2013, 08:33 PM   #58
Ood Sigma
Commander

Interesting question. A couple years ago I would have said -10/+5 but now it's more like -2/+7. I'm 36 now. I'm married so I'm not actually dating, but my perspective on maturity has changed, so (in theory) it would really take someone being very mature for their age for me to be interested in someone significantly younger.
Ood Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2 2013, 08:49 PM   #59
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

+/- 5 years typically
Old February 2 2013, 09:20 PM   #60
FFunctionalData
Lieutenant Commander

I would be with someone 15 years older then me (28) and would only date someone 5 years younger then me. Even 5 years younger is pushing it I rather be with a 25 year old.
FFunctionalData is offline   Reply With Quote