Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old February 1 2013, 11:37 AM   #16
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: Has there ever been a gaffe on the board?

When I first say the Galaxy Class design I wasn't keen on it, it grew on me over time but my initial opinion wasn't overly positive.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2013, 11:14 PM   #17
F. King Daniel
Admiral

I once started a thread where I pointed out in a somewhat less than kind manner that the sizes of Trek's spaceships (as listed in the technical manuals) don't hold up to scrutiny. Rick Sternbach, who designed many of those ships and wrote many of those manuals, posted a story about his having designed Deep Space Nine to be a certain size, but then modelmakers were instructed by the producers to add lots more windows, which screwed up his sizing. A real pro, he did not cyber-kick my ass.
Old February 2 2013, 04:14 AM   #18
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

lurok wrote: View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if some Trek people have interns or family scan boards for them.

And I know they're not as celeb as Chase (to some) but aren't Sternbach and Drexler board denizens?
Rick Sternbach, yes, and also Mike Okuda. Doug Drexler is not a member, to the best of my knowledge, but he does know we're here.

Zardoza wrote: View Post
Didn't Orci say that he had some negative experiences with Trek message boards?
Did he?
The motto of the Corbettite Order seems to be Ite Animose... a Latin phrase that can be translated as "go courageously." Alternatively, it can be rendered as "boldly go," which bears a striking resemblance to a phrase heard during the opening credits of a certain popular television series.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2 2013, 05:03 AM   #19
Dr. Sevrin
Vice Admiral

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
And I know they're not as celeb as Chase (to some) but aren't Sternbach and Drexler board denizens?
Rick Sternbach, yes, and also Mike Okuda. Doug Drexler is not a member, to the best of my knowledge, but he does know we're here.
Several years ago I used to see Doug pop up on Dennis Bailey's board while ENT was in production. He gave me a nice note on a crappy fan film I did, so I was thrilled.
Old February 2 2013, 10:13 AM   #20
lurok
Commodore

Melakon wrote: View Post
M'Sharak wrote: View Post
Several years ago I used to see Doug pop up on Dennis Bailey's board while ENT was in production. He gave me a nice note on a crappy fan film I did, so I was thrilled.
My bad on Drexler here . But I do know he's been very generous with his time and advice to Trek fans on various boards.
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2 2013, 03:06 PM   #21
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Many years, while lurking on another board, I had a poster inform me that I obviously lacked basic reading comprehension skills since I had completely misunderstood the plot of a certain book.

It was sooo tempting to tell him that I wrote it!
Old February 2 2013, 07:14 PM   #22
Dr. Sevrin
Vice Admiral

^ That confirms my theory on celebs restraining themselves.
Old February 7 2013, 04:02 PM   #23
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral

I'd like to hear more about what happened with Chase Masterson: I'm wondering if it is similar to what happened to Reese Witherspoon on another (RPG) board I was on - when people figured out who she was by details in what she was saying in her posts, they accused her of being a fraud and it all devolved into flamewar until she left the board. Later, one of the industry people on the board was able to confirm that it had, in fact, been her. Big gaffe.