RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,397
Members: 24,627
Currently online: 511
Newest member: space2050

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 1 2013, 02:12 AM   #16
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: Would post-Empire New Republic accept a New Jedi Order?

Agreed, Mister James.

Even just having Luke and the beginnings of his new order on the fringes of the story would be plenty for me. A Thrawn/Daala villain would be a breath of fresh air.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2013, 03:27 AM   #17
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

davejames wrote: View Post
Personally I'm hoping the new movies don't make the Jedis (or the creation of a new Jedis Order) the main focus of the story.
The plural of Jedi is Jedi.
Old February 1 2013, 03:30 AM   #18
Avon
Fleet Captain

the plural of yeti is yetis

Hello to Jason Isaacs!
Avon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2013, 11:46 AM   #19
tighr
Commodore

C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
But I also think the Jedi Order has changed numerous times since its inception and that the version we saw during the prequel trilogy reflects just one period of the Order. During earlier times, there probably were married Jedi with children.
I agree. I haven't read any EU novels, but I was under the impression that the New Jedi Order that Luke creates is run substantially differently from the archaic stuffy one of Yoda and Windu that we see in the prequels.
Old February 1 2013, 04:08 PM   #20
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

davejames wrote: View Post
Personally I'm hoping the new movies don't make the Jedis (or the creation of a new Jedis Order) the main focus of the story. We already saw more than enough of them and their Jedi code in the prequels, which turned out to be not such a great thing after all.

Not to mention the heavy focus they've gotten in TCW...

I'd rather just go back to the ragtag group of characters again, with just one of them that happens to be a Jedi.

And surely it's possible to come up with a worthy villain in SW who's not an emporor or Sith Lord...
The conflict between the good and evil as embodied in the war between the Sith and Jedi is at the center of the Star Wars Saga. You can't have SW without a Sith Lord.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote