Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old January 27 2013, 05:39 PM   #136
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Official New Star Trek 2012 Game for the PC, PS3 & X360

Hoping this game does well, as I'd like to get a new Trek game every year or so.
Old January 30 2013, 03:21 PM   #137
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

http://news.yahoo.com/preview--new-‘...035914361.html
http://trekweb.com/articles/2013/01/...SPOILERS.shtml
When Spock performs a mind meld on one of the captured Gorn we also learn some fun and exciting details about their backstory as a merciless race of marauders that have conquered their own galaxy through endless war.
So much for remaining at all true to the Gorn of "Arena" - now they're merciless conquerors from another galaxy who get here through a wormhole??
Ugh.
Old January 30 2013, 03:49 PM   #138
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

King Daniel wrote: View Post
So much for remaining at all true to the Gorn of "Arena"
You mean the ones that responded to a territorial invasion by just blowing up the outpost on the planet in question up without so much as a you have violated our space communication and then lured the Enterprise into the area and tricked some of its senior officers down to the planet to either capture or kill them, those Gorn?
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2013, 05:57 PM   #139
LeadHead
Director of Comedy

Location: Either in the Sirius Sector Block or on the Normandy SR-2

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
You mean the ones that responded to a territorial invasion by just blowing up the outpost on the planet in question up without so much as a you have violated our space communication and then lured the Enterprise into the area and tricked some of its senior officers down to the planet to either capture or kill them, those Gorn?
I agree with Hartzilla2007 on that. From my view, there's so little established about the species that I don't see any continuity harm. We know they're aggressive, slow on physical attacks and crafty enough to lure the Enterprise into a trap. But that's about it.

Check out the Caption contests in the TOS, TNG and Movies I-X forums!

Last edited by LeadHead; January 30 2013 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Important comma
LeadHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2013, 10:02 PM   #140
bullethead
Fleet Captain

http://news.yahoo.com/preview--new-‘...035914361.html
http://trekweb.com/articles/2013/01/...SPOILERS.shtml
When Spock performs a mind meld on one of the captured Gorn we also learn some fun and exciting details about their backstory as a merciless race of marauders that have conquered their own galaxy through endless war.
So much for remaining at all true to the Gorn of "Arena" - now they're merciless conquerors from another galaxy who get here through a wormhole??
Ugh.
Aside from the "conquered their own galaxy" thing, that's pretty accurate to the stuff seen on the screen. The fact that it ignores whatever Trek Lit has established doesn't bother me.
Old February 1 2013, 10:03 AM   #141
Zardoza
Ensign

LeadHead wrote: View Post
I agree with Hartzilla2007 on that. From my view, there's so little established about the species that I don't see any continuity harm. We know they're aggressive, slow on physical attacks and crafty enough to lure the Enterprise into a trap. But that's about it.
There people out there who don't think of NuTrek as an alternative universe?
Zardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2013, 03:58 PM   #142
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Zardoza wrote: View Post

They exist. I recently started writing for WhatCulture.com and my first article (which got me the job) was about how a Klingon animated series would be a good choice because they exist in both universes and I got this comment:
NWalker wrote:
This guy is an idiot! Enterprise did not happen in the “Abramsverse”, it was a prequal sieries. It took place in the 2150′s. Also, it is the same universe, just a different timeline. And an animated sieries would be a horible idea. The Klingon centered part of it is not a bad idea though.
Old February 1 2013, 04:22 PM   #143
Admiral

Zardoza wrote: View Post

It's an alternate timeline in the same multiverse. The film, the tie-in novels and Word of God all say the timeline split in 2233 when Nero appeared, that they share the same past. That 2233 split wouldn't explain how the Gorn suddenly became extra-galactic conquerors.

"Arena" was a misunderstanding. The Gorn found a human outpost in their territory and had a fit. If they were this ruthless force who'd dominated an entire galaxy, why didn't they do the same to our galaxy? It doesn't fit the peaceful ending of "Arena" or the continuing peace in DS9's time.
Old February 1 2013, 04:52 PM   #144
LeadHead
Director of Comedy

Location: Either in the Sirius Sector Block or on the Normandy SR-2

Is there anything canon about the years between TOS and DS9? Who knows what happened? Just because they coul be extra galactic conquerors doesn't negate the possibility of them coming into the galaxy, setting up shop and claiming territory. They could have been building up forces to strike and never did in anything canon, they could have gone against other species, I just don't see anything to this that makes my continuity alarm go off.

Check out the Caption contests in the TOS, TNG and Movies I-X forums!
LeadHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2013, 05:22 PM   #145
Admiral

Yeah, I'm probably leaping ahead of myself. And even if not, those in charge are entitled to change their minds.
Old February 2 2013, 04:19 PM   #146
bullethead
Fleet Captain

http://news.yahoo.com/preview--new-%...035914361.html
Mostly a rehash, but there's some new info in there, including the fact that the campaign is 15 hours and co-op seems to be online only.
Old February 6 2013, 09:54 PM   #147
Cinema Geekly
Lieutenant Commander

View Cinema Geekly's Twitter Profile

RE: Gorn

Unless it gets specific with times and such it is also possible that the Gorn were once this massive force that came from another galaxy. I mean that could be 10,000 year ago.

Obviously without specifics it is hard to judge but you could easily say something like that since cannon is sparse when it comes to the Gorn. They're like Boba Fett before Episode II that is.
Cinema Geekly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2013, 03:44 AM   #148
Number.One
Ensign

Anyone know if this game is just a shooter? From the trailer I saw a few pages back it looks like that is what this is.

I wonder if you'll be able to explore, having more of a sand-box/RPG/adventure feel to it?

Anyone know?
Number.One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7 2013, 04:15 AM   #149
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Number.One wrote: View Post
Anyone know if this game is just a shooter? From the trailer I saw a few pages back it looks like that is what this is.

I wonder if you'll be able to explore, having more of a sand-box/RPG/adventure feel to it?

Anyone know?
Shooter combat, exploration of the Enterprise, and RPG style equipment leveling. So it's an adventure game I guess (the genres are melding together so much that it's hard to label stuff now).
Old February 12 2013, 10:26 PM   #150
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Possible new trailer:
[ur]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRxRqSxTVU[/url]

The graphics look kind of janky in this one, which worries me after hearing about how bad Aliens: Colonial Marines was. This game cannot afford to be that bad if Trek gaming is to get out of its slump.