Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old January 30 2013, 08:04 AM   #76
VDCNI
Captain

Re: Classic Who on BBC America

DWF wrote: View Post
Mr Light wrote: View Post
I wonder what single serial they'll take from each Doctor. For Baker it'll probably be Pyramids of Mars or Talons of Wein Chiang, but my vote would be for the Pirate Planet...
The Talons Of Wang Chiang is a six parter it's unlikely they'd show such a long story. It's be a four parter I hope it's The Deadly Assassin.
Assassin for me is quite unusual and not a great representation of the era.

I'd guess they would use a Sarah Jane story to make it more familiar to new who fans so Pyramids Of Mars or Terror Of The Zygons would work.

Though for me his best 4 parter is Robot's Of Death.
VDCNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2013, 03:59 PM   #77
Nagisa Furukawa
Commander

I'd guess City of Death for the "Co-written by Douglas Adams!!" publicity (Pirate Planet is 100% Adams, but while I think it's a great story, CoD is much more well-received and is the highest Who ever got in the ratings).
Old January 30 2013, 09:56 PM   #78
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

My bets: Patrick - Tomb of the Cybermen or The Mind Robber - probably Tomb (although I'd really like them to do The Seeds of Death for US viewers who don't know the Ice Warriors); Jon - The Claws of Axos or The Daemons (because they feature Delgado's Master), maybe The Three Doctors. Tom - Pyramids of Mars or The Robots of Death (I think they'll stick to Hinchcliffe's era); Peter - Caves of Androzani or The Five Doctors; Colin - Vengeance on Varos or Revelation of the Daleks, probably the latter; Sylv - Fenric or Remembrance.

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Peacemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2013, 11:18 PM   #79
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

I'm still hoping for Horns of Nimon. It's really a good story, and certainly ties in directly with the Matt Smith era. I think most of the fans who talk smack about it haven't actually seen it.
Old January 31 2013, 12:07 AM   #80
I Am The Walrus
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to I Am The Walrus Send a message via Yahoo to I Am The Walrus

i never cared for Revelation of the Daleks, i hope they show Attack of the Cybermen instead.
I Am The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2013, 12:31 AM   #81
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Peacemaker wrote: View Post
My bets: Patrick - Tomb of the Cybermen or The Mind Robber - probably Tomb (although I'd really like them to do The Seeds of Death for US viewers who don't know the Ice Warriors); Jon - The Claws of Axos or The Daemons (because they feature Delgado's Master), maybe The Three Doctors. Tom - Pyramids of Mars or The Robots of Death (I think they'll stick to Hinchcliffe's era); Peter - Caves of Androzani or The Five Doctors; Colin - Vengeance on Varos or Revelation of the Daleks, probably the latter; Sylv - Fenric or Remembrance.
They almost *have* to air the multi-Doctor anniversary specials. Unless they're not going that route for the 50th, then they might not want to!

I'm guessing they'll air the anniversary specials. So:

Troughton - Tomb of the Cybermen
Pertwee - Three Doctors
Tom Baker - Pyramids of Mars
Davison - Five Doctors
Colin Baker - Vengeance on Varos
McCoy - Remembrance of the Daleks

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2013, 01:16 AM   #82
diankra
Commodore

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
I'm still hoping for Horns of Nimon. It's really a good story, and certainly ties in directly with the Matt Smith era. I think most of the fans who talk smack about it haven't actually seen it.

Ahhh... a while back, my sister had to stop over for the night (little matter of a night out and a desire to keep her driving licence).
She's a fan (couldn't avoid it, with a big brother like me), so... "Have you got the Horns of Nimon DVD yet?'Cos I haven't, and I haven't seen it since I was eight..."
Midway through episode two: "How did they get away with this? They must have been drunk, but how did they get away with this? I thought this was good when I was a kid!!! Where's Androids of Tara?"
diankra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2013, 01:44 AM   #83
Procutus
Admiral

VDCNI wrote: View Post

I'd guess they would use a Sarah Jane story to make it more familiar to new who fans so Pyramids Of Mars or Terror Of The Zygons would work.

I haven't seen Terror of the Zygons in years, it would be great if that's the one they chose. But really, anything with Sarah Jane will work for me.

Old January 31 2013, 03:53 AM   #84
Christopher
Writer

I'd rather see "Genesis of the Daleks." That's a really pivotal one where the Baker era is concerned, and it arguably sets up the Time War arc from the new series.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2013, 04:01 AM   #85
Mr Light
Admiral

That's a six parter, it's probably too long.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2013, 04:38 AM   #86
Christopher
Writer

^Yeah, I was wondering about that.

Old January 31 2013, 05:20 AM   #87
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

It's just a pity they can't, or won't, show a full episode, then air the commercials, then do the next one. Oh well, I'll take what I can get. Hopefully my sister will have finished knitting my Season 12 Tom Baker scarf on her loom by the time April rolls around. Yes, I will wear it that night.

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Peacemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2013, 12:36 AM   #88
Procutus
Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
I'd rather see "Genesis of the Daleks." That's a really pivotal one where the Baker era is concerned, and it arguably sets up the Time War arc from the new series.

GotD was probably my favorite of the Baker era, but because of the length, I didn't think it would be a likely candidate. But I agree totally with you that it was the pivotal story, to be sure.

Oh, and this is off-topic but I finished reading 'Watching the Clock' this afternoon and thought it was great.

Last edited by Procutus; February 1 2013 at 12:37 AM. Reason: typo
Procutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2013, 01:25 AM   #89
Christopher
Writer

Procutus wrote: View Post
Oh, and this is off-topic but I finished reading 'Watching the Clock' this afternoon and thought it was great.

Thanks! But it's not completely off-topic, since there was that strange blue box in the DTI's vault of temporal artifacts...

Old February 1 2013, 02:18 AM   #90
Procutus
Admiral

^