Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 25 2013, 11:41 PM   #31
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Re: The Vampire Diaries - Season 4

If Kol dies, that only leaves Elijah, Rebecca and Klaus. Mikeal, Esther and Finn are already dead.

I guess Kol's fate might hinge on whether or not they had decided on the Originals' pilot before they shot the next ep or two.

So, Klaus turning people for Jeremy to kill is bad, but killing Kol and possibly thousands of others as a result is okay? Gotta love these people's morals. It is only bad if it does not benefit them.

Besides, those ninnies only have Klaus' word that they are of his bloodline. Elijah and Rebecca confirmed they were not, but Kol was nowhere around at the time.

Kol was purported to be a badass when first introduced, because didn't Elijah or Rebecca say that Kol could scare Klaus?

...and now baby hunter Jeremy is supposed to take down Kol when just a few minutes earlier he could not tie his shoelaces without Damon?

Besides, Elena's plan reeks of selfishness and stupidity because I think Kol is the only one that makes sense. Maybe unleashing a pissed off immortal that could kick all their backsides is a bad plan? Why is Kol the only one that sees that?

I am intrigued by whoever sent that man into Shane's office.

Hooray for an Elijah mention - I think he comes back because Kol is a goner.

Last edited by Kosh Naranek; January 25 2013 at 11:43 PM. Reason: deletion
Kosh Naranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2013, 02:10 AM   #32
JD
Admiral

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised no one seems to care about the fact that Silas is possibly some super immortal who could kill them all and bring about the Apocalypse. Apparently they're willing to bring about the end of the world if it means they have the cure at their disposal. Personally, I think I could deal with being a vampire if it meant I wasn't going to unleash some Apocalyptic Big Bad.
Old January 26 2013, 04:39 AM   #33
Snaploud
Admiral

I wonder if Elena turning human would mean the rebirth of Alaric (as his life was tied with her life). It could be an Alaric vs. Silas battle of the bad-asses.

JD wrote: View Post
Yeah, I'm kind of surprised no one seems to care about the fact that Silas is possibly some super immortal who could kill them all and bring about the Apocalypse. Apparently they're willing to bring about the end of the world if it means they have the cure at their disposal. Personally, I think I could deal with being a vampire if it meant I wasn't going to unleash some Apocalyptic Big Bad.
QFT

Last edited by Snaploud; January 26 2013 at 08:00 AM.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2013, 05:28 AM   #34
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Hundreds of years locked in a box can change a person and maybe even a god.

Well, it didn't with any of the Originals, but they were all born before psychology was invented.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2013, 09:51 PM   #35
js
Captain

Kosh Naranek wrote: View Post
Besides, Elena's plan reeks of selfishness and stupidity because I think Kol is the only one that makes sense. Maybe unleashing a pissed off immortal that could kick all their backsides is a bad plan? Why is Kol the only one that sees that?
Yeah, it's ironic that crazy Kol suddenly seems to be the one making the most "reasonable" arguments!
Old January 30 2013, 03:43 PM   #36
Kosh Naranek
Captain

js wrote: View Post
Yeah, it's ironic that crazy Kol suddenly seems to be the one making the most "reasonable" arguments!
Yeah you know you are hurting when Kol McCrazyPants makes the most sense to the viewers.

Bumping to see if Kol bites the big one tonight.
Old January 30 2013, 04:57 PM   #37
js
Captain

Yeah you know you are hurting when Kol McCrazyPants makes the most sense to the viewers.

At this point I'm starting to hope he doesn't. If I'm going to be stuck watching The Originals spinoff for Daniel Gillies' Elijah, at least having crazy (and sense-making?) Kol will add to the entertainment factor of that show. Especially if I have to sit through more Klaus/Rebekah sibling whining.
Old January 30 2013, 07:01 PM   #38
Kosh Naranek
Captain

At this point I'm starting to hope he doesn't. If I'm going to be stuck watching The Originals spinoff for Daniel Gillies' Elijah, at least having crazy (and sense-making?) Kol will add to the entertainment factor of that show. Especially if I have to sit through more Klaus/Rebekah sibling whining.
That is true. I actually like Kol since he is pretty unpredictable. Sometimes he helps his siblings and sometimes he screws them over.

I will be watching the Originals (if it happens) to catch DG.

Klaus and Rebecca are better when seperated - IMHO.

When info first started coming out and only Joseph Morgan was confirmed, I thought how can the title be "Originals?"

Now that DG is confirmed that only makes 2. Granted that does give you the plural, but one would hope that means more than 2 or 3.

I suppose they could use the others via flashback, but that leaves little forward momentum for the remaining family members. They can only milk the flashbacks so far.

As the flashbacks for the Salvatores prove, you can only reveal so much. The flashback scenes from New Orleans in the last back to the past ep revealed nothing. We knew that Lexi was helping Stefan and she found Damon to be a danger to his bunny diet. It was definitely not film at 11 worthy.

Saw this picture on the net for the ep after the one coming up. Camping with Professor Shane?

Old January 31 2013, 05:04 PM   #39
js
Captain

I think I read on ew.com that they are planning on using flashbacks in The Originals. But as you said, that only gets you so far storywise. Definitely would prefer 4 Originals to 2 or 3 in the cast. And then they've gone and stuck the werewolf chick in the spinoff show too apparently, for no good reason.

Looking forward to the road trip tonight with the professor. I'm a fan of that actor from The Tudors, so I'm happy he's stuck around a bit on TVD.
Old January 31 2013, 07:45 PM   #40
Kosh Naranek
Captain

I think I read on ew.com that they are planning on using flashbacks in The Originals. But as you said, that only gets you so far storywise. Definitely would prefer 4 Originals to 2 or 3 in the cast. And then they've gone and stuck the werewolf chick in the spinoff show too apparently, for no good reason.

Looking forward to the road trip tonight with the professor. I'm a fan of that actor from The Tudors, so I'm happy he's stuck around a bit on TVD.
I keep meaning to watch the Tudors. I hear great things. (Currently watching Carnivale.)

Saw this promo poster. Is that supposed to be Katherine? Claire Holt seems to have had a bad attack of 80s hair.

Old January 31 2013, 09:26 PM   #41
Mike Farley
Commodore

I'm so tired of the Originals on TVD as it is, I don't know if I can watch a spin-off with them.

As the last "normal human" member of the regular cast, how long until Matt's turned into a gillman or a mummy or something?
Mike Farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2013, 02:54 PM   #42
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Another one bites the dust.

I was not overly fond of Kol, but to me he was the only person making sense. RIP

Silas = Bad Idea Y'all

The one thing that keeps me from loathing Rebecca is the notion that all she really wants is a mortgage and to grow old with someone. I like that she is endlessly fascinated by mundane activities because she just wants drive a Prius and eventually become a member of AARP.

Plus, right now she is keeping at least one Salvatore semi off the Gilbert bandwagon and I like that. The look on Saint Elena's face when she realized that Stefan was not going to do her bidding and put Rebecca in storage was pretty priceless.

Bonnie is finally getting a story but I am sad for her. Granted Abby and Daddy Bennett are not going to win any parenting awards, but Bonnie just blithely causing Abby pain is a real measure of how far Professor Shane has taken her down the wrong path.

I still think Gilbert and Co are nitwits.

Jeremy might be getting a few brain cells. At least he acknowledged that he might have to go on the run with Katherine once Klaus makes it out of casa Gilbert. (Her name drop and Klaus being indisposed at the moment makes me think that Katherine is in on the Silas hunt.)

I sort of felt sorry for Kol, Klaus and all. Kol made a good point when he stated that Klaus probably did not have a real reason for putting him (Kol) in a coffin in the first place. Klaus probably just had a bad hair day and decided to shelf his baby bro. It is telling though how fast Klaus acted when he realized that Kol was in real trouble. Joseph Morgan's face in that doorway as Kol was dying was a great image.

Does it creep anyone else out that the Gilberts just became mass murderers? Jeremy is now programmed to kill vampires, but... When they killed Finn, they had no idea that killing him would end countless others. But with Kol, they knew what they were doing and did not care. Kol was a loose cannon, but who is to say that the other beings tied to him were all that bad and deserving of death? ...and they were not doing it for the greater good.... It just seemed selfish.

Well...stay tuned to see what the ninnies pull next week.
Old February 1 2013, 04:47 PM   #43
js
Captain

Mike Farley wrote: View Post
As the last "normal human" member of the regular cast, how long until Matt's turned into a gillman or a mummy or something?
Judging by the scene in the hallway that Matt oversaw last night and knowing that Rebekah must survive to go to the spinoff - I'm calling it: Matt dies at the end of this season saving Rebekah, which finally turns her "good" for the spinoff show.

Or maybe Caroline dies saving Tyler to turn Klaus better, though less likely. But I'm thinking that it was important that Matt overheard Rebekah's desire to just be a real girl and saw her willingly giving up the dagger to Stefan.

They can't go into a spinoff with no conflict between the siblings other than "don't dagger me, bro!"
Old February 1 2013, 04:56 PM   #44
js
Captain

Another one bites the dust.

I was not overly fond of Kol, but to me he was the only person making sense. RIP

Silas = Bad Idea Y'all

The one thing that keeps me from loathing Rebecca is the notion that all she really wants is a mortgage and to grow old with someone. I like that she is endlessly fascinated by mundane activities because she just wants drive a Prius and eventually become a member of AARP.

Plus, right now she is keeping at least one Salvatore semi off the Gilbert bandwagon and I like that. The look on Saint Elena's face when she realized that Stefan was not going to do her bidding and put Rebecca in storage was pretty priceless.

Bonnie is finally getting a story but I am sad for her. Granted Abby and Daddy Bennett are not going to win any parenting awards, but Bonnie just blithely causing Abby pain is a real measure of how far Professor Shane has taken her down the wrong path.

I sort of felt sorry for Kol, Klaus and all. Kol made a good point when he stated that Klaus probably did not have a real reason for putting him (Kol) in a coffin in the first place. Klaus probably just had a bad hair day and decided to shelf his baby bro. It is telling though how fast Klaus acted when he realized that Kol was in real trouble. Joseph Morgan's face in that doorway as Kol was dying was a great image.

Does it creep anyone else out that the Gilberts just became mass murderers? Jeremy is now programmed to kill vampires, but... When they killed Finn, they had no idea that killing him would end countless others. But with Kol, they knew what they were doing and did not care. Kol was a loose cannon, but who is to say that the other beings tied to him were all that bad and deserving of death? ...and they were not doing it for the greater good.... It just seemed selfish.
All of this.

Especially the shoutout for Joseph Morgan's crying outside the door while his brother dies - the writers LOVE to make him cry because he does glistening eyes and trembly lip so well. And this was great and moving, but it's getting a bit overused.

And speaking of overused, okay Julie Plec, I get that you love the eye candy and that any excuse to have the guys on the show with their shirt off is a good excuse for ya, but SERIOUSLY? Even I busted out laughing when Jeremy had to Hulk out and just rip his shirt in half to tear it off his newly-buff body. Steven McQueen has been an unsung gem on this show from the beginning and I'm glad he's getting a storyline that doesn't involve angsting over a chick, but that "oh, I must rip my shirt off to show the tattoo" moment was just ridiculous. Sorry.
Old February 1 2013, 07:10 PM   #45
Kosh Naranek
Captain

And speaking of overused, okay Julie Plec, I get that you love the eye candy and that any excuse to have the guys on the show with their shirt off is a good excuse for ya, but SERIOUSLY? Even I busted out laughing when Jeremy had to Hulk out and just rip his shirt in half to tear it off his newly-buff body. Steven McQueen has been an unsung gem on this show from the beginning and I'm glad he's getting a storyline that doesn't involve angsting over a chick, but that "oh, I must rip my shirt off to show the tattoo" moment was just ridiculous. Sorry.
I laughed like a loon and not in a good way.

Who is he - the Incredible Hulk? They should have just shown the tat growing up his arm and possibly up his neck a bit.

We got to see all of Becca's boy toy tat. We knew what it looked like.

That was just a ending to an otherwise pretty solid ep.