RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,697
Members: 24,830
Currently online: 473
Newest member: honeybadger

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old January 30 2013, 11:00 AM   #31
Melakon
Vice Admiral

Re: The Hottest woman on Voyager was Naomi Wildman

She's about 24 now I think. And Vanessa Branch, 39. Michelle Krusiec was 24 as older Molly.

When Lost in Space was on, I was lusting after Marta Kristen, instead of Angela Cartwright, though Angela was closer to my age. And I'd seen some of my brother-in-law's Playboys by then, so I also lusted for Britt Eklund and Senta Berger.
Old January 30 2013, 11:46 AM   #32
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Marta Kristen, I had a thing for her. Gabrielle Drake and the other Moonbase ladies on UFO were a greater source of TV fantasy from around then for me. I can't say I'm too old to fancy Scarlet Pommers, though. I have been delaying growing up for decades.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2013, 12:17 PM   #33
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

My first girl crushes in Trek were Teri Garr and Mariette Hartley. I would get sooo excited if I saw them in anything else.

I also remember being rather gaga over Julie Newmar's Catwoman who just seemed SO THRILLING. I guess she was my first lady in leather

That predates my Trek era, that show seemed to always be on tv.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2013, 02:01 PM   #34
lurok
Commodore

My first female crush was Julie Andrews, closely followed by Doris Day. People forget she had a great husky speaking voice. Man crush was Rock Hudson. That's what you get endlessly watching old movies. If only I knew then what I know now!
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2013, 02:10 PM   #35
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Old movie crushes make me think of Garbo in Ninotchka. This scene could have been Seven and Paris quite easily...
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Old January 30 2013, 03:47 PM   #36
Dale Sams
Fleet Captain

teacake wrote: View Post
My first girl crushes in Trek were Teri Garr and Mariette Hartley. I would get sooo excited if I saw them in anything else.

I also remember being rather gaga over Julie Newmar's Catwoman who just seemed SO THRILLING. I guess she was my first lady in leather

A few years ago, I was watching the Twilight Zone ep, "What you Need". When the camera panned inside the bar, I was like "Who is that girl in the back??". Then it turned out she was the featured actress in the episode. Her name was Arlene Sax. So I looked her up and Arlene Sax was Arlene Martel.

Well, I decided right then and there I should email Arlene Martel and tell her she was and is a stunning lady. *One* of the little voices inside my head said, "This is a little stalkerish.", but I answered back that "I'll bet she would appreciate the compliment, especially if it concerns a lesser known role of hers than Star Trek"

She actually wrote back and said she was flattered and that I should look for her in a second TZ ep too.

edit: Yeah, I had a little thing for Mariette Hartley also. "All Our Yesterdays" is criminally underrated IMHO.
Dale Sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2013, 04:00 PM   #37
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Dale Sams wrote: View Post

A few years ago, I was watching the Twilight Zone ep, "What you Need". When the camera panned inside the bar, I was like "Who is that girl in the back??". Then it turned out she was the featured actress in the episode. Her name was Arlene Sax. So I looked her up and Arlene Sax was Arlene Martel.

Well, I decided right then and there I should email Arlene Martel and tell her she was and is a stunning lady. *One* of the little voices inside my head said, "This is a little stalkerish.", but I answered back that "I'll bet she would appreciate the compliment, especially if it concerns a lesser known role of hers than Star Trek"

She actually wrote back and said she was flattered and that I should look for her in a second TZ ep too.

edit: Yeah, I had a little thing for Mariette Hartley also. "All Our Yesterdays" is criminally underrated IMHO.
Arlene Martel is quite beautiful in that episode. Twenty-two is the other Twilight Zone, I recall. Demon with a Glass Hand is an Outer Limits episode that is a lot of fun, if you haven't seen them yet.
Old January 30 2013, 11:34 PM   #38
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

Oh my goodness Gov Kodos I loved that clip!! It certainly was so 7 and Paris!! I haven't seen that film and I'm making it a priority

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2013, 12:04 AM   #39
tighr
Commodore

Gov Kodos wrote: View Post
Old movie crushes make me think of Garbo in Ninotchka. This scene could have been Seven and Paris quite easily...
I get more of an Ilia vibe from her in that scene

Expected her to call him a carbon unit at any moment.
Old January 31 2013, 09:19 AM   #40
lurok
Commodore

Ninotcha's a classic and very funny. I think you'll like it. I like Greta in Grand Hotel (?) as well. And there's also Silk Stockings, which is the garish Cole Porter technicolor musical remake of Ninotchka.
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2013, 11:15 AM   #41
Infern0
Captain

Melakon wrote: View Post
Strictly speaking though, based on the thread title, neither Scarlett Pomers nor Hana Hatai were women during their respective series. They were little girls.

This reminds of threads years ago, when people were counting down the days for the Olsen Twins to turn 18 so they could safely lust after them.
dude there is nothing creepy about it.

Scarlett is older than me, when i was a little 10 year old kid i had a crush on Naomi, she's aged with me.
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2013, 12:07 PM   #42
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

You're on the other side of the creepy wall from most of us?

(Yes, yes you are.)

That means that you're safe... From all the worlds codgers and the geriatrics cruising these boards.

I was always more into Kimmie Gibbler.

(who is not only age appropriate, but a little older than I am.)

That girl knew how to play up her inner weirdo.

I love that in a woman.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2013, 01:08 PM   #43
tighr
Commodore

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Really? No thanks.

Candace Cameron for me, man. I actually liked Jodie Sweetin better, but she turned into a coke-head.
Old January 31 2013, 01:23 PM   #44
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Oh my goodness Gov Kodos I loved that clip!! It certainly was so 7 and Paris!! I haven't seen that film and I'm making it a priority
Glad you like it, it's one of my favorites.
Old January 31 2013, 01:39 PM   #45
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

tighr wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Really? No thanks.

Candace Cameron for me, man. I actually liked Jodie Sweetin better, but she turned into a coke-head.
Jodie is working again, she's probably been clean for a while.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote