RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,667
Members: 24,818
Currently online: 423
Newest member: Thomas Eugene

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 29 2013, 07:18 AM   #31
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Wars II and III 3D releases cancelled

billcosby wrote: View Post
Dammit, I wish someone could have told Lego... instead of heaps of classic Star Wars sets we're set for at least a year of non stop Episode II lego!!! (I shouldn't complain, the new rancor pit looks amazing) But I wonder if this will affect other marketing/merch plans.

That being said, there's no way we'll be watching ep. 7 in 2015. It'll be 2016 or 2017.
I wonder how long The Clone Wars is going to stretch...
LEGO makes sets for what's coming out, what's coming out in Lego is the never ending Clone Wars crap. Even if episode 4-5-6 did come out, they still wouldn't make that many, there is nothing new there.

However we get a new A-Wing, Jabba’s Sail Barge, a Hoth set, and the 2012 sets are still around. There is a X-Wing, TIE fighter, Endor set, Jabba's Palace, Y Wing, a big B Wing and a mini R2D2. What else do you need?
Old January 29 2013, 02:26 PM   #32
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Donald Draper wrote: View Post
You are all forgetting the obvious. 20th Century Fox would have been releasing these not Disney. I suspect that is the real reason for this. Fox will hold the distribution rights for I, II, III, V, VI theatrical, DVD and Blu-ray for a number of years until they revert to Lucasfilm. But the original film rights release rights are completely owned by Fox. This delay is due to legal issues. Even a Blu-ray release probably won't happen until all that is sorted out.
Aha! I'm sure you're right.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2013, 04:22 PM   #33
billcosby
Commodore

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
However we get a new A-Wing, Jabba’s Sail Barge, a Hoth set, and the 2012 sets are still around. There is a X-Wing, TIE fighter, Endor set, Jabba's Palace, Y Wing, a big B Wing and a mini R2D2. What else do you need?
Cloud City, baby. The 2003 release goes for around $1000.00, which really couldn't be any less reasonable.

And since you asked, how about a Medical Frigate, a Max Rebo band, a decent USC version of Mos Eisley, an Ewok village would be nice, an awesome Degobah swamp Jedi training set... and hey, why the hell not? Let's do the Yavin 4 rebel base while we're at it.

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2013, 06:05 PM   #34
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

billcosby wrote: View Post
bigdaddy wrote: View Post
Cloud City, baby. The 2003 release goes for around $1000.00, which really couldn't be any less reasonable.

And since you asked, how about a Medical Frigate, a Max Rebo band, a decent USC version of Mos Eisley, an Ewok village would be nice, an awesome Degobah swamp Jedi training set... and hey, why the hell not? Let's do the Yavin 4 rebel base while we're at it.
I don't know what half the crap you listed is. So why would LEGO make them? LEGO makes stupid ships because it has a TV show to follow.

The good news about more movies is more none prequel set.

And we will be getting an ewok village set. Probably in September.
Old January 29 2013, 06:31 PM   #35
Garak
You Eat What You Kill

This is amazingly good news.
Old January 29 2013, 07:31 PM   #36
The Stig
Rear Admiral

DalekJim wrote: View Post
Oh great, don't re-release the prequel I actually kinda enjoy in cinemas!

(Attack of the Clones for anybody that cares.)
Huh. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It is the worst of the three, after all.

All we know is, he's called The Stig.
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2013, 07:41 PM   #37
JWD75
Commander

If they were smart they would permanently lock the prequels in the Disney vault.
JWD75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2013, 08:06 PM   #38
The Stig
Rear Admiral

JWD75 wrote: View Post
If they were smart they would permanently lock the prequels in the Disney vault.
Nah. Kids loved the prequels and they made a bucketload of money for everyone involved. I'm guessing that the change in release dates has way more to do with the aforementioned legal issues than anything associated with the film's creative merit.

All we know is, he's called The Stig.
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29 2013, 08:17 PM   #39
Mach5
Rear Admiral

I couldn't care less about episodes II or III, but I've never seen the OT in theatre, and I was really looking forward to them, 3D or no 3D.

Well, it's still going to happen, sooner or later, I guess...
Old January 29 2013, 08:23 PM   #40
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

The Stig wrote: View Post
Nah. Kids loved the prequels and they made a bucketload of money for everyone involved. I'm guessing that the change in release dates has way more to do with the aforementioned legal issues than anything associated with the film's creative merit.
Julie Bowen from Modern Family, Boston Legal, Ed, won't show her son the prequels. He's a huge OT fan, and she hates the prequels so much she doesn't own it.

Plus her thought is if everyone saw the OT first, it was nearly 20 years between the trilogies. When her son is older the amount of time will be closer to the same.
Old January 29 2013, 08:51 PM   #41
Mach5
Rear Admiral

So Julie Bowen is so afraid that her kid might actually not share her sentiments about three harmless PG(13) movies, that she instated censorship in her parenting?

That's dumb.
Old January 29 2013, 08:54 PM   #42
ichab
Commodore

Don't really care. I've seen these movies a million times and have them on Blu-Ray. Don't understand why anyone would pay today's ticket prices for an old movie that they've seen already and own on home video, but to each his own.

I think this is a good sign if anything else. It means that Disney is committed to using resources on moving the franchise forward instead of just bleeding the franchise dry with re-releases of the same shit.
Old January 29 2013, 10:17 PM   #43
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Mach5 wrote: View Post
So Julie Bowen is so afraid that her kid might actually not share her sentiments about three harmless PG(13) movies, that she instated censorship in her parenting?

That's dumb.
Yup.
Old January 29 2013, 11:11 PM   #44
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

That's not Disney's normal M.O.
Old January 30 2013, 12:16 AM   #45
Klaus
Rear Admiral

View Klaus's Twitter Profile

^^It might work if you could sneak in and relabel them as Song of the South...
Klaus is online now   Reply With Quote