A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old January 13 2013, 12:46 AM   #16
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Stormfront would have been better if...

India and Pakistan are always squaring off.

No one cares.

Not even India and Pakistan.

It's just how they communicate.

Although his empire comprised India, Pakistan (Bangladesh, Shir Lanka, etc...) and the middle east, and probably a chunk of China too...

Just brown and yellow people.

Although all that oil in the Middle East?

Did Khan convert into a Muslim, was he already a Muslim or did he dissolve the religion when he took over the Middle East? Controlling that part of the world is difficult, Winston Churchill called Iraq "an ungrateful Volcano" but what would you rather have? Genetic augmentation or faith in a god that doesn't listen? Although if Khan was a... He wore a Turban in the Space Seed, had long hair and carried a sword and had an Indian surname... Unintentional or otherwise from the wardrobe department in the 60s, that frakk was a Sikh. A Sikh ruling faction could totally integrate and co-operate with the Muslim world if they walked a very fine line without having to resort to criminalizing the Muslim faith.

And now for something really insulting.

If you tripled the intellect of everyone in the middle east, they would quickly realise that all religion is just charming bedtime stories that work well as moral guidelines for sheep and cowards. Hells, if he couldn't just dose the water table, khan could sell augmentation as a gift from god or even apotheosis and the true believers would line up by the million. (Although if Khan had a sense of humour he would have only augmented the women.)

Religion wouldn't matter?

So possibly seamlessly Khan takes over in the aftermath or even during Desert Storm I, his troops under a UN or Indian Flag marched on Baghdad, when all orders and common sense prevailed that they should have stopped, yet some how his superior intellect maintains order and maintains the supply of oil to the west. And as long as the oil keeps flowing America stays happy and doesn't have to turn on it's war machine and 1996 looks exactly like how it did in Voy: Futures End.

Khan sends Saddam's severed head in a box to President Bubbah for his birthday.... Or if Desert Storm I, had actually had a satisfying conclusion, maybe Bush snr would have had his second term?

But which ever President that Khan sent that chubby head to: Best friends FOREVER!

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz

Last edited by Guy Gardener; January 13 2013 at 12:58 AM.
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2013, 03:32 AM   #17
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Praetor_Shinzon wrote: View Post
Zero Hour was such a great episode...and it has such an odd cliffhanger. never liked the Nazis showing up. i think a better cliffhanger would be to just stop the ep right after the crew realizes Archer didn't make it. that would give the writers time to come up with something better than Nazis.
Yeah I was thinking of something like that too. If Archer hadn't made it, that would've been a very powerful moment.

Other than that, if they had to shock us, I wish Archer had wound up on an alternate Earth or a changed time line where the Romulans or Remans had invaded. When he returned to normal time the crews memories could be erased. I figured it would be a way to get a Romulan War without having to devote a lot of seasons or time to it. But a little four or five episode arc could've been awesome.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2013, 03:41 AM   #18
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I think archer should have lost an arm.

It would have changed his perspective.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2013, 06:09 PM   #19
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

I like Storm Front just fine the way it is.
Old January 14 2013, 07:12 PM   #20
lurok
Commodore

They could have ended it with Trip and Mayweather flying down to SF and then getting shot at by...Zeros! That would have been different at least. (Could Dick have sued? )
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2013, 07:25 PM   #21
SonicRanger
Rear Admiral

Alien Nazis are as much a part of Trek as time travel and godlike aliens.
Old January 16 2013, 09:53 PM   #22
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile

Gotham Central wrote: View Post
Given the possibilities of the Eugenics Wars or WWIII, one wonders why the writers dipped back into the familiar and overused well of alien Nazis?
Because showing man's penchant for irrational prejudice and violence and going back to an iconic symbol of man's hatred of his fellow man was in keeping with the overall theme of season 4, which was the devlopment of man as seen through earth's quest to conqueor the stars.

In SF we see Archer almost smugly tell Alicia how in the 23rd century, man had defeated racial prejudice. But we see in the season 4 finale, (talking about Demons/TP here) that man had only traded racial prejudice for xenophobia.

To me, this was a bigger issue than Star Trek prequelly stuff and it helped to have a 'real world' symbol of man's primitive nature (the Nazis) in the season's frst episode to add some perspective. SF 1 and 2 weren't perfect episodes and (truth be told), I complained like everyone did back then about a two-parter when one should have sufficed, but when season 4 ended I appreciated them much more.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28 2013, 01:21 AM   #23
Anji
Rear Admiral

View Anji's Twitter Profile

Honest to God, when I saw that alien in a Nazi uniform the series lost me. I didn't believe for one minute that if you shoot a frame like that that you are serious about producing good Star Trek.

But maybe they put the alien in because it was rumored that the real Nazi's were helped by aliens from another planet???

Or I could just be watching waaaay too much of the History Channel. Go on...
Old January 28 2013, 02:28 AM   #24
Melakon
Vice Admiral

When I had cable, The History Channel was actually about history.

"The next thing you know we'll all find out the Nazis did not employ alien technology in their quest for world domination." -- The Daily Show, 2011.
Old January 28 2013, 10:57 AM   #25
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Anji wrote: View Post
Honest to God, when I saw that alien in a Nazi uniform the series lost me. I didn't believe for one minute that if you shoot a frame like that that you are serious about producing good Star Trek.
But Kirk and Spock in Nazi uniforms/dressed like gangsters/buried in tribbles shows a serious desire to produce "good Star Trek"?
Old January 28 2013, 11:06 AM   #26
Melakon
Vice Admiral

King Daniel wrote: View Post
Anji wrote: View Post
But Kirk and Spock in Nazi uniforms/dressed like gangsters/buried in tribbles shows a serious desire to produce "good Star Trek"?
Yes. As Deputy Fuehrer, I object to this accusation.
Old January 30 2013, 09:57 AM   #27
R. Star
Rear Admiral

It's one thing to turn out a crappy episode, but it's like they just put effort into making the ending of the Xindi arc the most epically facepalming moment ever in Trek.