Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 27 2013, 12:33 PM   #376
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

This is shaping up to be a lot of fun.
Old January 27 2013, 01:28 PM   #377
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

This is going to be epic. I'm still hoping for my "Order 66 montage" idea where we see the Sentinels kill loads of our beloved X-Men

I hope they can fit Colossus in as well.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2013, 01:54 PM   #378
Ethros
Vice Admiral

I would like Emma Frost to appear, if only for it to flow thematically. Would be kinda weird how the last scene of FC is Magneto rescuing her and taking her into his gang, and then in the sequel she's not even in it.
I also wouldn't mind more Moira, if only because Rose Byrne is so damn beautiful.

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
This is going to be epic. I'm still hoping for my "Order 66 montage" idea where we see the Sentinels kill loads of our beloved X-Men .
And imagine if all the Marvel universe were under one movie roof, as in the comic you could include all the big superheroes being iced by the Sentinels- Spidey, Iron Man, Cap, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, etc
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2013, 02:44 PM   #379
USS Firefly
Commander

I'm not really familiar with the comics, but are they that strong to kill the Hulk, capt America etc?
USS Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2013, 06:06 PM   #380
Caretaker
Commodore

View Caretaker's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Caretaker Send a message via AIM to Caretaker

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Wasn't Rogue de-powered and human at the end of the unmentionable movie that apparently isn't being ignored?
True. It's been a long time since I saw the end of the unmentionable movie, but based on the novelization, it would seem the cure was only temporary (based on Magneto playing chess). If the same was true for Rogue, it wouldn't be too long before she was back to the status quo.
Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2013, 08:28 PM   #381
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

USS Firefly wrote: View Post
I'm not really familiar with the comics, but are they that strong to kill the Hulk, capt America etc?
Yes they are given the right circumstance.. if they had time to prepare

As most people know Bruce Banner is the human form of Hulk (so to speak) and as a baseline human he's quite easy to kill (given that Banner didn't have some kind of technological protection like a forcefield against Hulk's enemies who know about his dual state). One surprise attack and he's dead.

Steve Rogers aka Captain America is a peak condition human and very resilient but if you manage to hit him while his Shield doesn't protect him he can be killed (and i guess even the best bodyarmor won't protect against a full force blast from a Sentinel). Of course Captain America is a brilliant tactician and field leader so he knows about his weakness and would conduct the fight accordingly.. even retreat if the odds are seriously against him but it would be easy to write it in a way where he gets hit in the back while he threw his shield to take out another Sentinel.

Every Superhero has weaknesses which can be exploited.. many of them are quite fragile because they are mostly human protected only by their powers, teamwork and experience but apply an intelligent, well prepared attack with overwhelming firepower and you can take them down. Comics don't do that of course on a regular basis because they'd soon run out of Heroes but this is also why Days of Future Past is so popular because the unthinkable happened on a grand scale.
Old January 27 2013, 10:15 PM   #382
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Emma Frost can always be recast. January Jones was perhaps one of the few criticisms that I had with First Class. She looked the part, unfortunately she didn't act the part as well. My dream recasting would be as I've mentioned before, Alice Eve, but I doubt that would happen. Moria could easily be explained as being off setting up her Muir Island facility already. They could also could have Erik mention "Frost didn't work out as planned. Unfortunate, but necessary." to explain Emma's absence.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2013, 10:29 PM   #383
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Hey if they can recast Rhodey without anyone going "Didn't you look and sound differently a little while ago?" they can recast Emma Frost. Personally while Alice Eve is many a fanboy's wet dream girl - I'm kind of leaning toward maybe someone a tad older to have the same "experienced" gravitas that the Emma we know and love in the comics has and yet is actually New England - not English. I know some of the cartoons have cast her with an English accent - but really she's a New Englander - think about it, her school was called the Massachusetts Academy after all. She just affects a sort of haughty New England accent, like Kelsey Grammar.

Honestly I think Elizabeth Banks would be an awesome Emma Frost, she's got some bustiness, but a corset will ramp that up, plus she's already a former Marvel actress too - Betty Brant from the Raimi Spider-Man films. So clearly she must at least have some affection for the Marvel-verse - and she can stay a blonde! So what if she's almost 40 - she still looks great.
Old January 27 2013, 10:43 PM   #384
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Donald Draper wrote: View Post
Set Harth wrote: View Post
The X1-X2-X3 timeline could end up being the one that leads to the dystopian Sentinel future.
This has always been my theory.
But didn't X-Men the last stand end with things kind of hunky dorry between regular humans and mutants?

How the hell do you go from appointing Hank McCoy as the U.S. representative to the United Nations to unleashing giant robots to commit genocide again mutants.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28 2013, 12:43 AM   #385
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

Maybe it has something to do with Trask? Apparently The Last Stand's version of Trask appears in the tie-in videogame for X-Men Origins: Wolverine where he is involved in the creation of the Sentinels and is later shown in an epilogue from a Sentinel future.
Old January 28 2013, 12:50 AM   #386
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
As most people know Bruce Banner is the human form of Hulk (so to speak) and as a baseline human he's quite easy to kill (given that Banner didn't have some kind of technological protection like a forcefield against Hulk's enemies who know about his dual state). One surprise attack and he's dead.
Movie-verse Hulk is a different beast though. Look at that scene in The Avengers when he says he tried to shoot himself...
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28 2013, 01:17 AM   #387
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Shazam! wrote: View Post
FPAlpha wrote: View Post
Movie-verse Hulk is a different beast though. Look at that scene in The Avengers when he says he tried to shoot himself...
That came straight out of the comics - Peter David's run, if I recall correctly. It's a bit different than what FPAlpha suggested, though. In the case of the suicide attempt, the Hulk persona would have been subconsciously aware of what Banner was planning. What I believe FPAlpha was suggesting was the possibility of a surprise attack that truly didn't give Banner or the Hulk any time at all to react.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28 2013, 07:48 AM   #388
JD
Admiral

Nick Ryder wrote: View Post

Honestly I think Elizabeth Banks would be an awesome Emma Frost, she's got some bustiness, but a corset will ramp that up, plus she's already a former Marvel actress too - Betty Brant from the Raimi Spider-Man films. So clearly she must at least have some affection for the Marvel-verse - and she can stay a blonde! So what if she's almost 40 - she still looks great.
I would love that. I'm a big fan of Ms. Banks. She's also doing the Hunger Games movies, so she obviously doesn't mind genre work.
Old January 28 2013, 07:52 AM   #389
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher

This is turning into one of my most anticipated movies in a very long time.
Old January 28 2013, 07:53 AM   #390
RoJoHen
Awesome

Indeed. I actually did not like First Class at all, but this movie is starting to sound awesome.