RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,704
Members: 24,207
Currently online: 756
Newest member: MaileDetty

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old January 25 2013, 05:19 PM   #31
Admiral Buzzkill
The Legend

Re: jj abrams not in 3rd star trek movie

Nonsense. The Trek job is Abrams's to keep or to turn down on his terms.

Anniversary nonsense appeals to hardcore fandoms. Paramount has already demonstrated that their business and creative decisions vis-a-vis Star Trek are no longer driven by that kind of pandering.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2013, 05:21 PM   #32
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral

View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile

Robert D. Robot wrote: View Post
Moving away just a bit -for just a moment- from the specifics of this discussion, can you imagine being a kid who (potentially, possibly) grows up to make both Star Trek AND Star Wars movies? COOL!
JJ Abrams is quite obviously the Chosen One.
Old January 25 2013, 05:25 PM   #33
Relayer1
Commodore

The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
Moving away just a bit -for just a moment- from the specifics of this discussion, can you imagine being a kid who (potentially, possibly) grows up to make both Star Trek AND Star Wars movies? COOL!
He WILL bring balance to the franchises...
Old January 25 2013, 05:26 PM   #34
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral

Relayer1 wrote: View Post
It is logical.
Old January 25 2013, 05:28 PM   #35
Relayer1
Commodore

It is logical.
The power of your logic pales before the might of the dark side.
Old January 25 2013, 05:30 PM   #36
Franklin
Rear Admiral

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post

Anniversary nonsense appeals to hardcore fandoms. Paramount has already demonstrated that their business and creative decisions vis-a-vis Star Trek are no longer driven by that kind of pandering.
Besides, there's plenty of ways to celebrate fifty years of Trek without a movie. Me? I'll make a pizza dinner from scratch, pulling the pizza out of the oven with my Spock Vulcan Salute oven mitt. Then, I'll cut the pizza with my Enterprise pizza cutter. I'll open a couple of beers with my Enterprise bottle opener, which I'll drink out of my Captain Kirk "Star Trek" pint glass (the Spock one is for lesser occasions, McCoy is for mixed drinks, and Scotty is for, well, Scotch). If it needs it, I'll season the pizza with my Enterprise salt and pepper shakers.

I'll be doing all this in my gold tunic while wearing my gold command robe with my phaser in one pocket and my tricorder in the other. I'll have on my Spock ears as long as they're comfortable and stay on (don't want them falling into the pizza).

I will eat the pizza in front of the TV while watching my favorite TOS episodes while looking for continutity errors to rationalize in bed as I drift off to sleep that night.

A rich, full day. And I won't even miss that there's no new movie.
Old January 25 2013, 05:37 PM   #37
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral

The power of your logic pales before the might of the dark side.
Can you do a midi-chlorian count with a tricorder?
Old January 25 2013, 05:52 PM   #38
Spartan_029
Ensign

Franklin wrote: View Post

Besides, there's plenty of ways to celebrate fifty years of Trek without a movie. Me? I'll make a pizza dinner from scratch, pulling the pizza out of the oven with my Spock Vulcan Salute oven mitt. Then, I'll cut the pizza with my Enterprise pizza cutter. I'll open a couple of beers with my Enterprise bottle opener, which I'll drink out of my Captain Kirk "Star Trek" pint glass (the Spock one is for lesser occasions, McCoy is for mixed drinks, and Scotty is for, well, Scotch). If it needs it, I'll season the pizza with my Enterprise salt and pepper shakers.

I'll be doing all this in my gold tunic while wearing my gold command robe with my phaser in one pocket and my tricorder in the other. I'll have on my Spock ears as long as they're comfortable and stay on (don't want them falling into the pizza).

I will eat the pizza in front of the TV while watching my favorite TOS episodes while looking for continutity errors to rationalize in bed as I drift off to sleep that night.

Somehow I feel like this happens more regularly than just on Anniversary occasions... >_>
Spartan_029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2013, 05:57 PM   #39
Franklin
Rear Admiral

Spartan_029 wrote: View Post
Franklin wrote: View Post

Somehow I feel like this happens more regularly than just on Anniversary occasions... >_>
Nah. Only when the wife's out of town on business and the kids are at sleepovers at friends' houses. You know. Special occasions. "Me" time.
Old January 25 2013, 06:10 PM   #40
Balrog
Commodore

tmosler wrote: View Post
I think this is good news because now maybe paromunt can get a director that likes and is loyal to star trek to fill his spot
I'd just like to point out that The Wrath of Khan was produced and directed by two people who were not loyal to Trek's original vision, look, style, or storyline, and that movie is considered by the vast majority of fans and critics to be the best of the entire franchise.
Old January 25 2013, 06:19 PM   #41
Admiral Buzzkill
The Legend

Has anyone pointed out yet that "jj abrams not in" the first two Trek movies he directed, either?
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2013, 06:25 PM   #42
Balrog
Commodore

Has anyone pointed out yet that "jj abrams not in" the first two Trek movies he directed, either?
Yep...

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
He wasn't in the first two either.
Old January 25 2013, 06:27 PM   #43
Urgent Sky
Commodore

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
And what does "loyalty to Star Trek" mean anyway? Do you have to swear an oath or something?
And a vow of celibacy. Although some of us are better at it than others.
Urgent Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25 2013, 06:36 PM   #44
Balrog
Commodore

Just think: Those crazy "Star Trek vs. Star Wars vs. Battlestar Galactic vs. Babylon 5" fanwank story and video makers just got one step closer to their dreams becoming a reality...
Old January 25 2013, 06:44 PM   #45
Robert D. Robot
Captain

..... For he IS the Kwisatz Haderach! (?)
Robert D. Robot is offline   Reply With Quote