Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old January 17 2013, 10:45 PM   #121
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Re: Official New Star Trek 2012 Game for the PC, PS3 & X360

kev11106 wrote: View Post
Anybody heard word on pc pre-order links? Or sdk?
Isn't it download-only on PC, in the US? If so, it won't be up for preorder here until closer to release (if at all).

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2013, 10:43 PM   #122
Doherty
Lieutenant

hoping for a 2013 release..
Doherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2013, 03:46 PM   #123
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Doherty wrote: View Post
hoping for a 2013 release..
April 23rd, 2013.
Old January 22 2013, 11:39 PM   #124
Lance
Commodore

I'm very excited about this one. In fact, I've bought a PS3 specifically to play it - this game is the 'Killer App' that persuaded me to finally take the plunge and buy the console.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2013, 02:22 AM   #125
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Lance wrote: View Post
I'm very excited about this one. In fact, I've bought a PS3 specifically to play it - this game is the 'Killer App' that persuaded me to finally take the plunge and buy the console.
Why a PS3 and not a 360?

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
Old January 23 2013, 03:05 AM   #126
TheRoyalFamily
Commodore

ATimson wrote: View Post
Why a PS3 and not a 360?
Why not just use your PC?
Old January 23 2013, 05:06 AM   #127
ATimson
Rear Admiral

TheRoyalFamily wrote: View Post
Why a PS3 and not a 360?
For me, because modern PC game licenses are indefensibly restrictive. I'll buy old games from GOG, and I'll buy Blizzard's games, but anything else is few and far between.

Old January 23 2013, 06:39 AM   #128
Lance
Commodore

Why a PS3 and not a 360?
I don't like Microsoft.

I still don't like Microsoft.

Honest answer? I wanted something that will play BD discs as well. Seeing as I didn't have a Blu Ray player yet, it seemed to me a sensible idea to kill two proverbial birds at the same time.
Old January 23 2013, 02:56 PM   #129
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Honest answer? I wanted something that will play BD discs as well. Seeing as I didn't have a Blu Ray player yet, it seemed to me a sensible idea to kill two proverbial birds at the same time.
You do know you can build or buy PCs with Blu-Ray drives, right? Besides, I wouldn't have bought a PS3 now, on the verge of new consoles launching. Most of the games on the platform can be found on other consoles, except for Japanese games that haven't been localized.
Old January 23 2013, 04:03 PM   #130
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

bullethead wrote: View Post
You do know you can build or buy PCs with Blu-Ray drives, right? Besides, I wouldn't have bought a PS3 now, on the verge of new consoles launching.
1. Why would anyone want to be tied to their computer monitor to watch Blu-ray?

2. Now is probably the best time to buy a PS3/Xbox 360 (I have both and as far as gaming goes they're pretty much interchangeable). They both have a large library of cheaper games now. Biggest mistake I ever made was rushing out to buy them at launch.
Old January 23 2013, 04:26 PM   #131
bullethead
Fleet Captain

BillJ wrote: View Post
You do know you can build or buy PCs with Blu-Ray drives, right? Besides, I wouldn't have bought a PS3 now, on the verge of new consoles launching.
1. Why would anyone want to be tied to their computer monitor to watch Blu-ray?
You do know that you can connect PCs to TVs using an HDMI cable, right?

2. Now is probably the best time to buy a PS3/Xbox 360 (I have both and as far as gaming goes they're pretty much interchangeable). They both have a large library of cheaper games now. Biggest mistake I ever made was rushing out to buy them at launch.
Eh, most of those are multiplatform games anyway, so you could get them on PC cheaply too. I mean sure, now's the best time to buy them from a price perspective, but in terms of support and future catalog, it's pretty much a dead end (unless Japanese devs decide to keep working on the PS3 like they did with the PS2).
Old January 23 2013, 07:28 PM   #132
Lance
Commodore

BillJ has nailed my reasons. I've always traditionally bought my consoles near the ends of their life, because both console availability and choice of games (and price!) are all factors to me, and the PS3 is as cheap now as it will probably ever be. The only game consoles I've ever bought on day one were the PS2 and the original (non-360) Xbox, and only then because my personal circumstances were better at the time. I had a larger cash flow, so I went out and bought those on day one. I really don't mind being "behind the pack" when it comes to these things.
Old January 23 2013, 09:04 PM   #133
22 Stars
Commodore

Lance, you made a great choice, the PS3 has proven to be a great multi media tool, used as a media server, bluray player and gaming system.
22 Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2013, 04:52 AM   #134
TheRoyalFamily
Commodore

? Besides, I wouldn't have bought a PS3 now, on the verge of new consoles launching. Most of the games on the platform can be found on other consoles, except for Japanese games that haven't been localized.
Well, just most Japanese games in general. Even the localized ones tend to be PS3-only, since Japan can't into XBox.

Which is actually why I want a PS3. I primarily use my PC for gaming, but there's a lot of RPG's that I can't play, because Japan doesn't do PC's either

Speaking of PC's and PS3's, could I hook a PS3 into my computer monitor, if it has an HDMI port and speakers (well, a headphone jack)?
Old January 24 2013, 05:39 AM   #135
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Speaking of PC's and PS3's, could I hook a PS3 into my computer monitor, if it has an HDMI port and speakers (well, a headphone jack)?
Probably. I've done that with mine. Unless your monitor is really cheap and does HDMI without HDCP support, you should be good to go.