RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,702
Posts: 5,213,830
Members: 24,210
Currently online: 753
Newest member: MaileDetty


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 22 2013, 03:54 PM   #361
Kosh Naranek
Captain
 
Kosh Naranek's Avatar
 
Location: Elwood P. Dowd's House
Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

I liked the Franken ep. I never expected Gregor to survive the ep. (But now that I think about it - when Whale wanted to lynch Regina didn't he allude to having to get back to his brother?)

Are we to assume that Regina hauled Whale to Storybrooke because she wanted him there and that his brother is back in black and white world languishing?

I always thought Whale liked Ruby. So, I guess he is somewhat happy that the werewolf now pities him and understands.

I think that Emma wanted so badly to believe that the motorist did not see anything that she blinded herself. He was twitchy but she may have chalked that up to guilt over texting. But, the fact that she left him off with a warning just....yeah...too desperate.

Gold was on fire. I loved every scene.
__________________
"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me. - Elwood P. Dowd from Harvey
Kosh Naranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2013, 04:00 PM   #362
Sindatur
Rear Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Is Emma really as naive as she made herself out to be, or is she simply giving him enough rope to hang himself with? I was a little distracted during the ending, so, I don't know if it could go either way or not.
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2013, 04:07 PM   #363
Kosh Naranek
Captain
 
Kosh Naranek's Avatar
 
Location: Elwood P. Dowd's House
Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Is Emma really as naive as she made herself out to be, or is she simply giving him enough rope to hang himself with? I was a little distracted during the ending, so, I don't know if it could go either way or not.

I am not sure. I hope they are not dumbing her down just to service the plot.

We need outside drama to hit the town. So, we make Emma a little ditzy and send her backside off on a quest with Gold to find his son and possibly her old lover.

Only Pinocchio knows the truth and he is the worst fairy godmother ever!
__________________
"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me. - Elwood P. Dowd from Harvey
Kosh Naranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2013, 08:15 PM   #364
js
Captain
 
Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Snick27 wrote: View Post
Think its pretty safe to say that Bae is Henrys father which would complete the circle. Which makes Rumple the grand father to Henry.

So it be Regina & Cora against Emma,Bae,& Rumple. Interesting.
Of course they could make it even more complicated... I've often wondered if they're going to have Henry (the boy) turn out to be Henry (Regina's father).

But I'm not even sure I could follow the family tree if that happened.
__________________
I write, therefore I am.
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2013, 08:30 PM   #365
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral
 
137th Gebirg's Avatar
 
Location: Who is John Galt?
Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
So, now that Dr. Frankenstein and the werewolf are bonding, how long before Dracula or the Invisible Man shows up?
Don't know, but now that Disney owns Star Wars, and we've already heard the opening theme song on a ring tone...well...I daresay this show is going to be quite a crossover factory in the coming seasons.
__________________
Gebirgswick - Ind, Tra, Sec & Env.
137th Gebirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2013, 08:57 PM   #366
Rhaven
Captain
 
Rhaven's Avatar
 
Location: Rhaven in Boston
Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Greg Cox wrote: View Post
So, now that Dr. Frankenstein and the werewolf are bonding, how long before Dracula or the Invisible Man shows up?
Don't know, but now that Disney owns Star Wars, and we've already heard the opening theme song on a ring tone...well...I daresay this show is going to be quite a crossover factory in the coming seasons.
Henry did point out that Frankenstein's story wasn't in the book of fairy tales.
Pinochio was the one that changed the stories before, maybe there is method to this madness?
__________________
I'm not a geek, I'm an aficionado.
Rhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2013, 09:22 PM   #367
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Oxford, PA
Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Greg Cox wrote: View Post
So, now that Dr. Frankenstein and the werewolf are bonding, how long before Dracula or the Invisible Man shows up?
Don't know, but now that Disney owns Star Wars, and we've already heard the opening theme song on a ring tone...well...I daresay this show is going to be quite a crossover factory in the coming seasons.
Well, given that they've already mashed together Grimm's fairy tales, the Arabian Nights, Greek mythology, Arthurian legendry, Chinese folk tales, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, and Frankenstein (with, apparently, Hans Christian Andersen and L. Frank Baum on the way), it's hard to imagine any crossover they might balk at!

I figure Mowgli and Quasimodo are only a matter of time.
__________________
www.gregcox-author.com
Greg Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2013, 09:29 PM   #368
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral
 
137th Gebirg's Avatar
 
Location: Who is John Galt?
Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Ah, yes, but will they ever add "Song of the South"?
__________________
Gebirgswick - Ind, Tra, Sec & Env.
137th Gebirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2013, 11:37 PM   #369
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion
 
RJDiogenes's Avatar
 
Location: RJDiogenes of Boston
Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Well, given that they've already mashed together Grimm's fairy tales, the Arabian Nights, Greek mythology, Arthurian legendry, Chinese folk tales, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, and Frankenstein (with, apparently, Hans Christian Andersen and L. Frank Baum on the way),
And FreakyLinks!
__________________
Please stop by my Gallery and YouTube Page for a visit. And read Trunkards!
RJDiogenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2013, 12:28 AM   #370
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Oxford, PA
Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Well, given that they've already mashed together Grimm's fairy tales, the Arabian Nights, Greek mythology, Arthurian legendry, Chinese folk tales, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, and Frankenstein (with, apparently, Hans Christian Andersen and L. Frank Baum on the way),
And FreakyLinks!
And 101 Dalmatians!
__________________
www.gregcox-author.com
Greg Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2013, 12:40 AM   #371
sojourner
Vice Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Here's a question. Does Disney exist in the world of Storybrooke?
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2013, 12:52 AM   #372
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Oxford, PA
Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Ah, yes, but will they ever add "Song of the South"?
I'm going to go out on limb and predict that Uncle Remus will not be appearing in Storybrooke anytime soon . . . .
__________________
www.gregcox-author.com
Greg Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2013, 03:14 AM   #373
propita
Rear Admiral
 
Location: fresno, ca, us
Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Well, given that they've already mashed together Grimm's fairy tales, the Arabian Nights, Greek mythology, Arthurian legendry, Chinese folk tales, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, and Frankenstein (with, apparently, Hans Christian Andersen and L. Frank Baum on the way),
And FreakyLinks!
And 101 Dalmatians!
Archie's dog is one Dalmatian. And his name is Pongo. Cruella (I vote Cora for the job) killed the puppies and Perdita.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2013, 03:28 AM   #374
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

According to TVLine Cassidy Freeman (Tess from Smallville), will be guest starring in the next new episode as Jack, possibly of Jack & The Beanstalk.
__________________
Over the course of many encounters and many years, I have successfully developed a standard operating procedure for dealing with big, nasty monsters. Run away. Me and Monty Python.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2013, 06:18 AM   #375
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral
 
Enterprise is Great's Avatar
 
Re: Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

First pics of Rena Sofer as Snow White's mother from TV Guide
__________________
JJverse Star Trek...ROCKED on May 17, 2013 and beyond!
Enterprise is Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
once upon a time

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.