RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,411
Members: 24,630
Currently online: 450
Newest member: DasGeneral

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 18 2013, 12:43 AM   #151
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: American Horror Story: Asylum (Spoilers)

The last three weeks, every episode has seemed like the finale.

Oh look.

You got more blood out of that stone.

How amazing.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2013, 09:11 AM   #152
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters returning for season 3

Ryan Murphy teases season three
Old January 18 2013, 08:24 PM   #153
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

^ Excellent! I wonder if Dylan McDermott and Frances Conroy would do guest appearances. For that matter, we might even see Season 2 cast members like Naomi Grossman (I really liked her as Pepper), Lizzie Brocheré, Clea Duvall, et al.
Old January 20 2013, 12:20 AM   #154
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Awwwwww...... I was hoping they'd do Salem. Sarah Paulson would look adorable in 17th century garb. I can picture Evan Peters as a minister fighting the witchy inquisition.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2013, 08:39 AM   #155
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

WOW. I liked that ending. I really, really did. Junior was a monster. What realistic choice did she have? I wasn't expecting it, so I liked it. Lana you are one tough cookie, though--plastic surgeon or no--she looked too good to be 82 years old.

What a cautionary tale to demonstrate that safe legal abortion is a far better option. Think how many good folks Johnny wouldn't have killed if Lana hadn't wimped out on the abortion. I'm sure some folks will be appalled that she killed her boy, but what choice did she have? He's a serial killer. He isn't going to stop. If she sacrifices herself he just goes on killing.

I found Jude's end to be touching; Kit taking her in was something unexpected as well, but that was the essence of Kit. Hopefully the aliens are keeping him safe and well. His kids knew there was no reason to mourn. Kit's fine.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Old January 24 2013, 08:47 AM   #156
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

She didn't wimp out on the abortion, Lana Banana stuck that coathanger right up inside, but the demon inside the nun used angel magic to save the baby because it's hilarious from her point of view.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2013, 09:17 AM   #157
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Oh that's right. She went for it the first time with the hanger. She didn't the second, though. She told the doctor to stop. A moment of guilt....talk about a mistake coming back to haunt you. I loved Sarah Paulson in this episode. In fact, I loved her all through the season. I'm happy that she and Evan Peters are signed for season 3. And, of course, Jessica.

Old January 24 2013, 08:23 PM   #158
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I really loved this season. More than last season. There were so many things going on this year compared to the first season which dragged at times. No real let up this season. I think that all the character in the finale got perfect endings. Lana is hardcore. She got moxie.
Old January 24 2013, 11:54 PM   #159
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Last night's season finale was a bittersweet ending to the phenomenal Season 2, which I liked much better than Season 1.

I was both happy and sad for Sister Jude, bless her heart. Kit was kind enough to take her into his own home despite of what she did to him and Grace at Briarcliff. I thought when Lana and her news crew found her alive at the asylum, Lana was the one who was going to rescue her. Rest in peace, Judy.

Sarah Paulson really gave it her best performance last night and throughout the season. Her character was perhaps the most well written and developed of all, and she was (as well as Sister Jude) the central figure in the story. Was she really 82 years old when she met Johnny? I thought she'd be younger than that; I figured maybe in her late 60s or early 70s. The ending was a tad predictable in that I could see her trying to manipulate Johnny into lowering his gun, only to finish him off.

So, how long do we have to wait until the next season?
Old January 25 2013, 03:36 PM   #160
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Johnny stated he was 48 years old. The story began in 1964--Johnny was born in 1965 like me. Being 48 years old sneaks up on you, let me tell you. Dr. Threadson mentioned that Lana was 33 when he was holding her captive as were his other victims. If she was 34 when Johnny was born then she'd be turning 82 in 2013.

Lana shooting Johnny may have been predicatable, but the manner in which she did it wasn't. No angsting about it. No tears. No flinching. She was resigned. No "but this is my baaaaby and I regret it." She didn't. She did what she had to do.

Lana was complex. Ambitious, lost her way a bit but retained her humanity without apologizing for being ambitious. I like that.

Last edited by Dorian Thompson; January 25 2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old January 25 2013, 03:43 PM   #161
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Loved the finale through the very end, but I am confused about the very final scene - the flashback between Sister Jude and Lana. I remember part of that conversation occurring in the beginning when she first arrived, but then it deviated and got kind of odd. At least two mentions of "Lana Banana", harkening back to the "Name Game" song, which I don't recall the first time, the "looking at evil and evil looks back" bit and the scene where Lana just simply...walks out.

What just happened there? I actually started thinking that maybe all the things that happened this season were either figments of Jude's damaged mind or fabrications for Lana's book.

Seriously, does anyone know the significance of that final scene? I played it several times over in the DVR and its meaning eludes me.

Old January 25 2013, 06:14 PM   #162
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

I obviously didn't get Lana's age as being 33 when she was abducted by Thredson. I figured she was mid-20s in 1964, making her at least 70-something in 2012/2013. She definitely didn't look like an old prune. She really took care of herself. Thanks for the clarification.
Old January 25 2013, 07:48 PM   #163
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Seriously, does anyone know the significance of that final scene? I played it several times over in the DVR and its meaning eludes me.
I think it just meant that both Jude and Lana faced evil and stared it down. That's how I interpreted it.

I obviously didn't get Lana's age as being 33 when she was abducted by Thredson
Sarah Paulson looks very young for her age, but they did state it on screen that she was 33 like the other victims. Sarah Paulson's birthdate (at least as listed on imdb) is listed as 1974. She's getting ready to turn 38. Usually if actresses lie about their age they say they're younger, not older, but she could easily pass for 28.

Old January 26 2013, 07:22 PM   #164
JoeD80
Captain

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
At least two mentions of "Lana Banana", harkening back to the "Name Game" song, which I don't recall the first time, the "looking at evil and evil looks back" bit and the scene where Lana just simply...walks out.
Jude calls her Lana Banana in the first episode when Lana starts asking questions about Bloody Face. Then the scene cuts to Kit Walker, and when we get back to Lana she's in her apartment already. So I'd say that final scene between Lana and Jude gets inserted in between those times.

edit: in fact I just watched it again, and that's exactly where that scene goes. The whole "you're out of your depth Lana Banana" played in the final episode is word-for-word from episode 1, and that first episode then skips to Lana at home, where in the finale we finally see the conversation that took place before Lana went to discuss what was going on with Wendy.

Last edited by JoeD80; January 26 2013 at 07:43 PM.
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2013, 10:05 PM   #165
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

AH! Very cool - thanks for the summation. Makes sense now.