MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 19 2013, 07:42 PM   #46
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: Sy Fy cancels Alphas

JD wrote: View Post
A few months back, after watching the whole thing on Netflix, I found a description of what Season 2 would have been, and it sounds like it would have been really crazy.

Turns out the site is gone, but I did save the PDF of the season 2 plan if anyone who watched the show is interested.
Yea, I saved the PDF myself, when you provided the second link in my thread, since the first link dried up. It definitely sounded like an excellent expansion on the Series, even though Season 1 ends quite satisfactorily on it's own.

SGU and Carica, I thought their endings were quite sufficient as Series finales, though I would definitely have liked to have seen them continue. Sanctuary too, was a sufficient Series Finale, but, it definitely left me wanting a S5 in the new Sanctuary

Farscape was the really, really cruel Cliff hanger cancellation. Thank God we got Peacekeeper Wars, finally or Bad Timing (Talk about ironic title) would still be stuck in my craw with hatred

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2013, 08:31 PM   #47
Christopher
Writer

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I don't remember an unresolved cliffhanger for The Dead Zone. I remember something low-key, but not unresolved. I could be wrong though, since I had long since lost interest in the show and was just riding it out at that point.
They did wrap up the season's arcs, but ended it in a way that introduced some major new complications and problems, particularly

Sindatur wrote: View Post
SGU and Carica, I thought their endings were quite sufficient as Series finales, though I would definitely have liked to have seen them continue.
I agree about SGU, but less so about Caprica. Not that it wouldn't have been interesting to see the story continue, but I think the pilot and one season were successful at revealing the backstory of the human-Cylon conflict, so I feel the saga is complete as it is. Maybe some worthwhile stuff could've been filled in, but it didn't need to be. (And the Blood and Chrome pilot about the First Cylon War is a complete waste. It's mostly just action and spectacle and inconsistently convincing virtual sets, with a boring lead character and a thoroughly unpleasant second lead and a storyline that doesn't add anything new or surprising to the saga.)

Farscape was the really, really cruel Cliff hanger cancellation. Thank God we got Peacekeeper Wars, finally or Bad Timing (Talk about ironic title) would still be stuck in my craw with hatred
Actually I would've been satisfied if "Bad Timing" had been the end. I mean, Farscape never did anything conventionally, and the characters were always bouncing from one insane crisis to the next. I would've been happy with an ending that made it clear their wacky and bizarre adventures would continue. It would've been fitting. Kind of like one of those "Well, here we go again!" endings you often see in cartoons or sitcoms.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2013, 09:31 PM   #48
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

As I recall, DARK SHADOW's final episode wrapped up its current storyline, but ended on a cliffhanger that was presumedly intended to launch a new storyline. The show dealt with this by adding a final voiceover along the lines of:

"But, for the first time in Collinswood's history, the marks on Carolyn's neck were just caused by an animal. She soon recovered and everybody lived happily ever after, no longer haunted by . . . Dark Shadows."

(I'm paraphrasing from memory here, but that was the gist of it!)
Old January 19 2013, 10:25 PM   #49
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
I stopped watching Charlie Jade when my dvd player died.

I took that as a sign from god.
You must have misunderstood the sign.

Charlie Jade is very good.

The first 5 or 6 episodes are pretty confusing and difficult to get your bearings and understand the different 'verses and travel between them and so forth, because you are seeing the show through Charlie Jade's eyes, as he learns stuff. Once you get your bearings, though, it's a fantastic show, every bit as graphic, gritty, and realistic (and more so) as NuBSG, but, wth a character providing more obvious humor t break up the drama and hopelessness, so, you never get the feeling of wanting to slit your your wrists that NuBSG somtimes left you.

For longevity's sake, it was perhaps a mistake to make the audience as ignorant and confused as the lead character, but, it's definitely worth sticking with until the end.
The entire writing staff left and were replaced after the first eight episodes. It's one of the few instances of mid-season total writer turnover that makes a show vastly better.
hyzmarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 04:58 AM   #50
the_wildcard
Rear Admiral

You know those moments when you feel like an idiot? I just had one when I was thinking to myself when Syfy was going to start running previews for Alphas this season. When I didn't see any, I decided to do a Google search and then I found this thread too.

Damm Syfy.
the_wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 05:14 AM   #51
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

There's an episode of Big Bang Theory where Sheldon goes into a hissy fit when he becomes aware of this cancellation.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 05:41 AM   #52
propita
Rear Admiral

I'll miss Gary. The actor being English was surprising, he did such a good job in this role.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2013, 03:41 PM   #53
Forbin
Admiral

^He'd been on Bones for a while before that, playing a forensic intern, with his natural accent. So it was a huge surprise to me when we saw doing such an amazing job of being an autistic American kid.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2013, 02:33 AM   #54
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

I clicked on this link hoping there'd been a change in the show's status.

Now I'm depressed all over again.
Old June 7 2013, 02:36 AM   #55
stj
Rear Admiral

No. Remember the final shots, where the camera keeps panning over all those people, struck down by the pocket version of Magneto's Statue of Liberty mutant maker machine? Since the series is over, if they looked dead, they are dead.

At least it has a definitive resolution!
Old June 7 2013, 03:27 AM   #56
Caretaker
Commodore

View Caretaker's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Caretaker Send a message via AIM to Caretaker

stj wrote: View Post
Since the series is over, if they looked dead, they are dead.
Or, it could be an eternal state of Schrödingerism - both alive and dead at the same time.
Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2013, 01:06 PM   #57
Forbin
Admiral

Well THAT's a quantum of solace.

(SWIDT? )
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2013, 05:44 PM   #58
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
There's an episode of Big Bang Theory where Sheldon goes into a hissy fit when he becomes aware of this cancellation.
Old June 7 2013, 05:58 PM   #59
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

^^ BBT was pretty dead-on in that occasion

Forbin wrote: View Post
Well THAT's a quantum of solace.

(SWIDT? )
Ba-dum-tish.

(or however you represent a rimshot....)
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2013, 12:07 AM   #60
Caretaker
Commodore

View Caretaker's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Caretaker Send a message via AIM to Caretaker

For curiosity's sake, I'm wondering how the writers planned to conclude that cliffhanger if the show had returned for another season, especially with regards to the character of Lee Rosen.

Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote