A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old January 4 2013, 06:44 PM   #31
lurok
Commodore

Re: Trek Dream

VOY's Waking Moments is much funnier.
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4 2013, 10:44 PM   #32
Xhiandra
Lieutenant Commander

Gary7 wrote: View Post
^ Everybody dreams. But not everyone remembers their dreams naturally.
That's what I said, is it not?
And actually, recent research seems to indicate some people don't.

[QUOTE] There are ways to coax yourself into remembering them, though. Plenty of stuff on the Internet if you search around. /QUOTE]
Not that interested, tbh; I just wanted to call you guys weird ; so keep coming with the weird stories.
Xhiandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5 2013, 05:53 AM   #33
Gary7
Rear Admiral

Xhiandra wrote: View Post
^ Everybody dreams. But not everyone remembers their dreams naturally.
That's what I said, is it not?
And actually, recent research seems to indicate some people don't.
Yes, I wasn't disputing that--I was just emphasizing the fact that everyone does dream as a set up for what I was saying next.

Xhiandra wrote: View Post
There are ways to coax yourself into remembering them, though. Plenty of stuff on the Internet if you search around.
Not that interested, tbh; I just wanted to call you guys weird ; so keep coming with the weird stories.
Why not? Dreams are amazing things. They are a form of subconscious communication with yourself. They tap into emotions you haven't deal with, so if you actively address them you can help assuage unresolved issues. Studies have shown that pleasant dreaming improves your mood upon awakening.
Old January 5 2013, 09:03 AM   #34
rocketdave
Ensign

I had a dream Mokey from Fraggle Rock was pregnant and Doctor Crusher was her OBGYN.
rocketdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5 2013, 02:41 PM   #35
Melakon
Vice Admiral

They are a form of subconscious communication with yourself. They tap into emotions you haven't deal with, so if you actively address them you can help assuage unresolved issues.
A few years after my Dad died, I went through a repeating dream cycle that sequentially added to itself over 5 successive nights, finally ending in a screaming nightmarish conclusion. It was so disturbing, it motivated a trip back to the old house I'd spent ten years in to put my mind at ease. It was sort of the equivalent to Sisko's Saratoga flashbacks in "Emissary".
Old January 6 2013, 01:46 AM   #36
Tiberius
Commodore

I had one last night. I was on a train, and we were going into the Unimatrix, all glowy and green. And I was looking at my nice shiny phaser. Then Buffy was there, sitting a table with her friends (I'm assuming Xander and Willow and all that, but I didn't really see them) and I was wondering how Buffy would go against the borg. That's all I remember about it...
Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 07:34 AM   #37
TorontoTrekker
Vice Admiral

I don't recall any dreams where I was part of a starship crew, or anything like that, but the other night I dreamt that I was at a convention. Since I've worked on several conventions in my adult life, that wasn't really very strange. The strange part was that this convention was being held in a giant treehouse. The convention was ending, and first David Gerrold, then KRAD, who had both been guests, came by to hug me good-bye. (That part wasn't strange, either, as I've worked on cons where David and Keith have been guests, and I've socialized with both of them.)

I have no idea what significance the dream had. It was nothing like any of my usual dreams (which I don't often remember). One friend, after I posted about it on Facebook, responded, "Those are all people you like and respect, conventions are fun, which is a concept that works well with being a child again, and tree houses are fun places for kids (And, kids at heart) to play in. It's all about the funz." That works as well as anything else.
TorontoTrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 12:47 PM   #38
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

I dreamt I was at home watching Star Trek the other night when I was sleeping away from home and kind of over heated and dehydrated and exhausted. It was so soothing.. staring at the monitor at the Trek. It was some kind of weirdly generic THIS IS TREK trek.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13 2013, 02:58 AM   #39
Melakon
Vice Admiral

I believe I've had some Trek dreams recently for the first time. Perhaps they were subconsciously inspired by this thread. Though it's more likely because since 3 January, I've bought 3 collections-- Fan Collectives Borg and Captain's Log, and DS9 Season 7. I've not watched anything but Star Trek since then. Unfortunately, the only thing I can remember about the dream is a Ferengi was in it.
Old January 14 2013, 10:09 AM   #40
Captain Rob
Commodore

I had an odd Trek dream about a year ago. I was just wandering around the Enterprise-E when Worf comes up and orders me to report to the Captain on the bridge. I go to the bridge and approach the Captain. The Captain's chair turns around and it's Lara Croft in a Captain's uniform. Intertesting genre crossing.
Old January 17 2013, 05:06 AM   #41
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

Captain Rob wrote: View Post
I had an odd Trek dream about a year ago. I was just wandering around the Enterprise-E when Worf comes up and orders me to report to the Captain on the bridge. I go to the bridge and approach the Captain. The Captain's chair turns around and it's Lara Croft in a Captain's uniform. Intertesting genre crossing.
That would be hot!

I had a similar dream in which the Enterprise finds the members of Rush in hibernation on the Rocinante.
Old January 19 2013, 04:28 PM   #42
sbk1234
Rear Admiral

Had one last night where I was playing a Star Trek online game with a couple of friends I haven't seen in years. I met them through fandom, so it wasn't so unusual to be playing Trek games with them.

Not much of a dream, but it's still better than the recurring dream I sometimes have where I'm lying in bed with insomnia all night.

"It's a fucking TV show!" - Gary Lockwood
sbk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote