Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old January 18 2013, 09:38 PM   #1576
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Does It Get Better???

You can sleep with people without talking to them.

I do imagine hipsters to be selfish lovers, but they look good while doing it.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2013, 11:17 PM   #1577
AdmiralScreed
Captain

Ashes to Ashes: Why haven't we seen Ballard before? I sure don't remember her. This episode would have been far more meaningful if she had appeared earlier in the show and a relationship had been established between her and Harry. This episode doesn't have two feet to stand on.
4/10

Child's Play: 7 is becoming more human all the time. It's fascinating to watch, and I thought she was the real star of this episode. With that said, these Borg children have started to grow on me, so this episode carried much more emotional weight for me than the previous one. The twist at the end with Icheb and the pathogen, and his parents using him as bait for the Borg was unexpected. Solid offering all around.
7/10

Good Shepherd: Janeway gathers together the misfits of Voyager for an away mission! A lot of really great character moments in this one. Harren's scenes were especially great, in particular his scene with Tom in the lounge area. Each of the misfits had a nice character arc. Very satisfying episode.
7/10

@tighr: Your favorite episode is next!
Old January 18 2013, 11:27 PM   #1578
tighr
Commodore

I really liked the Borg kids. Especially Icheb. It's a pity they got so few episodes (same with Naomi), but their characters ended up being more fleshed out than many of the other supporting characters on the show (like Joe Carey, who I'm not sure if Screed has noticed or not, but Carey hasn't been around in a while )
Old January 19 2013, 01:02 AM   #1579
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

I thought the Borg children were great! Icheb is an excellent character.

Ashes to Ashes is a good sci fi episode. Yes it might have been more interesting if we'd seen Ballard before but it still works for me.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2013, 01:20 AM   #1580
AdmiralScreed
Captain

tighr wrote: View Post
I really liked the Borg kids. Especially Icheb. It's a pity they got so few episodes (same with Naomi), but their characters ended up being more fleshed out than many of the other supporting characters on the show (like Joe Carey, who I'm not sure if Screed has noticed or not, but Carey hasn't been around in a while )
Oh yes, I remember him....he and Belanna didn't always get along, right? He must have been hiding away in his room for the past few years, if he didn't die....
Old January 19 2013, 01:49 AM   #1581
tighr
Commodore

AdmiralScreed wrote: View Post
Oh yes, I remember him....he and Belanna didn't always get along, right? He must have been hiding away in his room for the past few years, if he didn't die....
He'll be back. He was in a season 5 episode (Relativity), and he's in an upcoming season 6 episode. He is also in a season 7 episode. Memorable performances from him, in all three.
Old January 19 2013, 02:05 AM   #1582
tighr
Commodore

Good Shepherd: Janeway gathers together the misfits of Voyager for an away mission! A lot of really great character moments in this one. Harren's scenes were especially great, in particular his scene with Tom in the lounge area. Each of the misfits had a nice character arc. Very satisfying episode.
I liked Good Shepherd, too. It was the "Lower Decks" of Voyager. It was also the first and only time we see Deck 15.
Old January 19 2013, 03:32 AM   #1583
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Ashes to Ashes: Why haven't we seen Ballard before? I sure don't remember her. This episode would have been far more meaningful if she had appeared earlier in the show and a relationship had been established between her and Harry. This episode doesn't have two feet to stand on.
4/10
Wasn't Harry supposed to be engaged to a woman back on Earth named Libby?

Child's Play: 7 is becoming more human all the time. It's fascinating to watch, and I thought she was the real star of this episode. With that said, these Borg children have started to grow on me, so this episode carried much more emotional weight for me than the previous one. The twist at the end with Icheb and the pathogen, and his parents using him as bait for the Borg was unexpected. Solid offering all around.
7/10
One of my favorite eps. in the series!
Great development ep. for Seven and a good one for fleshing out Icheb too. Plus, it's always great to see Mark A. Sheppard in anything. ( Never knew until 2 days ago his real life father was "Schizoid Man" and the Ahab alien from "Bliss".) Very exciting ending escaping the Borg Sphere! Damn, Voyager's a fast ass ship!

7/10
I still remember Harren as "The Boy Who Could Fly". I agree my favorite scene was the exchange between him & Tom and Janeway turning around in the pilots chair of the Delta Flyer and rolling her eyes at him.
Old January 19 2013, 05:20 AM   #1584
BruntFCA
Commander

4/10
While I was able to accept a crew member we never saw before in Latent Image Ashes to Ashes took it to absurd levels IMO. If someone had watched this episode first without knowing anything about VOY they would probably think that Ballard had been one of the main characters in the early seasons.
Old January 19 2013, 08:58 AM   #1585
lurok
Commodore

Ballard should have been Kim. IMHO.
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2013, 09:22 AM   #1586
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Maybe?

I believe it should have been Hogan.

Hogan coming back from the dead and it comes to light, with us at least,that he had been sleeping with Janeway... Or does he barge his way inbetween B'Elanna and Tom is the love story of the zombie must persist.

However...

Kim was possible.

There was a Kim corpse floating in space after Deadlock.

Of course season 2 Kim comes back as a Zombie and doesn't choke even a little as he seduces Seven becuase she is the most beautiful woman in the world and after coming back from the dead he's not really scared of her saying yes when he asks a question anymore....

Holy shit.

I know what Ashes to ashes really is.

It's a rejected script they couldn't use to bring Kes back.

Think about it.

Maybe Jennifer was given both scripts and they said "pick one".

The original Ashes to Ashes would have been about her getting back with Neelix, not starting kinky sheet games with Kim.

Jennifer was given a choice. Go batshit and kill everyone or a love story with Ethan.

That makes sense right?

What about Barge of the Dead?

Paris says "Your girlfriend is dead? What a coincidence! 2 months ago so was mine!"

Last edited by Guy Gardener; January 19 2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old January 19 2013, 10:16 AM   #1587
teacake
Fleet Admiral

A love story where no one remembers her? And in the end she decides these are just residual memories and she's really someone else now?

Or blowing up.

What Would Lynx Do?

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old January 19 2013, 06:10 PM   #1588
lurok
Commodore

Guy really should have been in writers' room. Deadlock Kim is genius. Plus split-screen Wang! I can do a Picardo/Mulgrew/Ryan/Lien/Dawson too. Come to think of it now, who didn't get to do a doppelganger episode?

I'd like to have seen the Doc's Vidiian girlfriend get one more appearance. I liked her.

Last edited by lurok; January 19 2013 at 10:47 PM.
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2013, 10:45 PM   #1589
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

We're supposed to believe that he was a ken doll, and then spontaneously made himself a penis after meeting her? I'm sure he could handle the coding, but the Doctor is programmed to be contentedly cockless.

Denora being a real person, not so much.

(Sans moose knuckle not baloney pony. Get your head out of the gutter.)

"This is all fine, thank you for rescuing me, you're all wonderful, but how come I don't have any sexual organs?"

I'm assuming that sex with holograms is common place, and Zimmerman didnt' want to see his program drafted as a sex worker when he's supposed to be Doctoring.

The Doctor made her business which was his inspiration in defiance of his own programming to generate his own business.

But there's an erudite theory closely related to Godliclocks a nd the three bears that for every vagina out there there is the perfectly sized penis, not too big, not too small, but perfectly complementary, a package that elegantly fits in the box, and that's what everyone is looking for, not a sense of humour, not a nice car but something sexually complimentary. The right tool for the job.

The Doctor built both tools. Unless he was an idiot and ignored making it feel like a key sliding into lock because threading a chicken sausage down a bendy straw seems appealing to his fauxmachismo, he could have hypnotized her with unexpected simpatico of his goldilocks johnson.

Last edited by Guy Gardener; January 20 2013 at 03:57 AM.
Old January 20 2013, 01:17 AM   #1590
teacake
Fleet Admiral

This is what spending too much time thinking about cars does to men. No all parts do not have to fit perfectly to run really really well.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne