RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,717
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 813
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Stargate

Stargate Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise forum.

Old January 18 2013, 10:16 AM   #661
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: teacake does Stargate: punch it

Origen: I died laughing when Browder said, "We haven't tried c4 yet sir" since that is their solution to everything.

I had some pagh wraith flashbacks but I'm still excited. I was just thinking that the creepy Pryor dude who took Daniel and Vala to the celestial palace looked kind of like Darth Vader after his helmet was taken off in ROTJ when he used the FORCE to STRANGLE the village guy!!

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne

Last edited by teacake; January 18 2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old January 18 2013, 12:03 PM   #662
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

TremblingBluStar wrote: View Post
I recently finished the two seasons of SGU, and am going to commit blasphemy by saying I loved the show!
The second season improved a lot IMO, it really found its legs. Sadly, it was already too late by that point.

Man, I miss SG......
Old January 18 2013, 12:21 PM   #663
teacake
Admiral

The Ties That Bind: So we have Zek the Grand Nagus and Vala playing the part of a Ferengi and that DS9 ep where Jake and Nog have to navigate a series of trades to get what they really want. Rather cute. Vala has gone from cheesy leather chick to a great character. I am thrilled they are still stuck together.

Also, I want her tights:

VALA, in her underwear in Daniel's bed: Anyhow, since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?

DANIEL: No we shalln't!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old January 18 2013, 02:18 PM   #664
Romulan_spy
Commodore

teacake wrote: View Post
I had some pagh wraith flashbacks but I'm still excited.
IMO, the Pah Wraiths have nothing on the Ori!
Old January 18 2013, 02:19 PM   #665
Romulan_spy
Commodore

The Ties That Bind: So we have Zek the Grand Nagus and Vala playing the part of a Ferengi and that DS9 ep where Jake and Nog have to navigate a series of trades to get what they really want. Rather cute. Vala has gone from cheesy leather chick to a great character. I am thrilled they are still stuck together.

Also, I want her tights:

VALA, in her underwear in Daniel's bed: Anyhow, since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?

Last edited by Neroon; January 18 2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old January 18 2013, 04:41 PM   #666
DrunkUncle
Ensign

Romulan_spy wrote: View Post

What's wrong with you? Again with the spoilers.
Old January 18 2013, 04:44 PM   #667
The Wormhole
Admiral

Yeah, that comment might seem insignificant, but considering teacake doesn't want to know anything about future developments, just revealing that much about Vala is a pretty serious spoiler.

Old January 18 2013, 05:02 PM   #668
Romulan_spy
Commodore

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Yeah, that comment might seem insignificant, but considering teacake doesn't want to know anything about future developments, just revealing that much about Vala is a pretty serious spoiler.
Saying a character has a great arc is not a spoiler! That's just saying that her character develops in an interesting way! What's wrong with saying that since I don't say anything about what happens to her? Heck, maybe her character arc is that she grows a third breast. Now, wouldn't that be awesome?
Old January 18 2013, 05:55 PM   #669
Neroon
Mod of balance

DrunkUncle wrote: View Post

Saying a character has a great arc is not a spoiler! That's just saying that her character develops in an interesting way! What's wrong with saying that since I don't say anything about what happens to her? Heck, maybe her character arc is that she grows a third breast. Now, wouldn't that be awesome?
Normally, for a show that's been off the air for nothing would be a spoiler. You can verify that in the spoiler rules pinned at the top of the forum. However, if the thread author expressly requests nothing in advance be disclosed... well, it's being courteous to them. Hence the editing of your post.
- Proverbs 12:20
Old January 18 2013, 06:08 PM   #670
Romulan_spy
Commodore

Neroon wrote: View Post

Normally, for a show that's been off the air for nothing would be a spoiler. You can verify that in the spoiler rules pinned at the top of the forum. However, if the thread author expressly requests nothing in advance be disclosed... well, it's being courteous to them. Hence the editing of your post.
I understand.
Old January 18 2013, 06:55 PM   #671
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Oh Daniel. I would have 'made the best of it' every day and twice on Sunday.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Old January 18 2013, 09:18 PM   #672
DrunkUncle
Ensign

I understand.
Sorry for the words earlier, I was just thinking from the angle of teacake and it seemed like you just didn't care.
Old January 18 2013, 09:47 PM   #673
Romulan_spy
Commodore

I understand.
Sorry for the words earlier, I was just thinking from the angle of teacake and it seemed like you just didn't care.
No apology needed. I do care that is why I apologized to Teacake when I accidentally posted a spoiler. I will be more careful in the future.
Old January 19 2013, 01:15 AM   #674
teacake
Admiral

It's okay Romulan Spy, I am reading your posts through my fingers now and any actual facty type words or names I bleep over

Yes I would like to watch this without knowing that X is going to be great or to suck, but rather as if it was appearing on my tv for the first run. We don't have any stargate on tv here and I've managed to be quite oblivious to it so I actually know nothing at all as to what is coming up other than what people have said in this thread.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old January 19 2013, 01:17 AM   #675
Romulan_spy
Commodore

It's okay Romulan Spy, I am reading your posts through my fingers now and any actual facty type words or names I bleep over

Yes I would like to watch this without knowing that X is going to be great or to suck, but rather as if it was appearing on my tv for the first run. We don't have any stargate on tv here and I've managed to be quite oblivious to it so I actually know nothing at all as to what is coming up other than what people have said in this thread.
Thanks Teacake! I promise I will keep my excitement about the show to myself and let you enjoy it for yourself.