CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Old January 17 2013, 03:50 PM   #16
Robert D. Robot
Fleet Captain

Re: Kirkin' out the Jans

Forbin wrote: View Post
Robert D. Robot wrote: View Post
^ HA! Yes, you got me, Melakon! As a matter of fact, I still have the little plastic figures for Zoonie & Robert from the XL5 play set. I don't know where the Steve Zodiac & Venus figures got off to, but I assume they are enjoying each other's company, perhaps buried at the bottom of a sandbox in my old neighborhood!!
Oh lord, somebody else? I've still got mine too!
I also still have the XL5, too, but -unlike the Comic Book Guy- I took it out of its packaging back in 1964 and played with it for hours & hours & hours. While it has seen better days, Fireball Jr. now sits on my office shelf beside her newer, smaller, die cast twin, along with the Tardis and the NX-01. Excellent vehicles for moving the imagination around, even if they are impractical for daily commutes or holiday travel!

It is fun to go on eBay and see what prices that XL5 play set brings when someone offers it intact! I'm glad, however, that I got such good milage out of mine, even though some bits of it are now scattered through time....
Robert D. Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2013, 05:06 PM   #17
Dr. Sevrin
Vice Admiral

Robert D. Robot wrote: View Post
. . . I bet that photo is a neat little treasure! . . .
I wish I still had it, but apparently lost it sometime during 1970 when my Dad died and I had to move in with relatives. I've found what seems to be the same image on the internet though, so that eases the pain a little.
Old January 18 2013, 03:23 PM   #18
Robert D. Robot
Fleet Captain

Time gives and Time takes. I lost my own Father a while back. I am sorry to hear about you losing your Dad at that age, Melakon.
Old January 18 2013, 03:52 PM   #19
Dr. Sevrin
Vice Admiral

I certainly wasn't prepared for it. Mom had died 5 years earlier, and even though I was 19 when Dad died, I was still living at home, and legally an orphan since I was under 21 and had to have a guardian for 2 years. I even had to give up my dog. It all messed me up pretty badly and I never established a real career, just hopped around from job to job, and never finished college. Sometimes Dad shows up in dreams. I really wish I'd had the benefit of his advice as an adult, like my siblings.

Last edited by Dr. Sevrin; January 18 2013 at 04:02 PM.
Dr. Sevrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2013, 02:05 AM   #20
ZapBrannigan
Fleet Captain

Melakon wrote: View Post
It all messed me up pretty badly and I never established a real career, just hopped around from job to job, and never finished college. Sometimes Dad shows up in dreams. I really wish I'd had the benefit of his advice as an adult, like my siblings.
I did finish college and didn't get "real" career going either. Just jobs.

And that thing about parents showing up in your dreams, I still have that too, even after 30 years. And for you it's over 40 years. It must be a lifelong thing.
ZapBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2013, 02:15 AM   #21
Dr. Sevrin
Vice Admiral

I had a dog from 1995-2005 (longest time ever, and first since all that), until he died, and he sometimes shows up in dreams too.
Old January 19 2013, 04:01 PM   #22
Robert D. Robot
Fleet Captain

Every once in a while my Dad shows up in a dream. Like you, I wish I could have talked with him more as two adults would. Dreams are interesting zones. Last night I spoke with my two old housemates (a couple that eventually married & moved out west) for over two hours just before bed. I tried to bring them up to date on our other friends/neighbors that I am still in touch. Diving into these memories must have knocked other things loose in my brain, because I ended up dreaming I was back in high school with my old teachers. They were all very good folks and I liked them, but in that altered reality I was wondering why they all looked so young while I was there as present-day me.....
Old January 19 2013, 05:37 PM   #23
Dr. Sevrin
Vice Admiral

The mind does strange things. I'm over 60, but sometimes forget I'm not 35 anymore when attempting physical activities until the body screams "You idiot!"