RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,913
Posts: 5,478,067
Members: 25,053
Currently online: 448
Newest member: johnclever25

TrekToday headlines

New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 18 2013, 01:42 PM   #16
USS Einstein
Lieutenant Commander
 
USS Einstein's Avatar
 
Location: NCC-0500
Re: Maybe the Villian Was Originally Khan?

TrekMovie: So you said that Cumberbatch plays a canon character, but now we see he is playing a guy named John Harrison, so no conflict?

Roberto Orci: Well I did say on your site that I lied once [see comment 67].
Looks like no joy on that info.
USS Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2013, 05:03 PM   #17
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral
 
137th Gebirg's Avatar
 
Location: Who is John Galt?
Re: Maybe the Villian Was Originally Khan?

Ugh...well, if the movie doesn't pan out, and based on his proclivities for deception, obfuscation and secrecy, he could always get a job in the intelligence community.
__________________
Gebirgswick - Ind, Tra, Sec & Env.
137th Gebirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2013, 04:58 AM   #18
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral
 
Nerys Myk's Avatar
 
Location: House of Kang with Ridges
Re: Maybe the Villian Was Originally Khan?

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Ugh...well, if the movie doesn't pan out, and based on his proclivities for deception, obfuscation and secrecy, he could always get a job in the intelligence community.
He already did. That's what Alias was based on.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2013, 05:07 AM   #19
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral
 
Re: Maybe the Villian Was Originally Khan?

USS Einstein wrote: View Post
TrekMovie: So you said that Cumberbatch plays a canon character, but now we see he is playing a guy named John Harrison, so no conflict?

Roberto Orci: Well I did say on your site that I lied once [see comment 67].
Looks like no joy on that info.
Wrong.

Orci's dodging the question which is raised by Cumberbatch's character's name, the name itself being misdirection.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2013, 08:05 PM   #20
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral
 
Enterprise is Great's Avatar
 
Re: Maybe the Villian Was Originally Khan?

He's Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!
__________________
JJverse Star Trek...ROCKED on May 17, 2013 and beyond!
Enterprise is Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2013, 08:38 PM   #21
The Keeper
Commodore
 
Location: Where Reality Ends and Illusion Begins
Re: Maybe the Villian Was Originally Khan?

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
He's Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!
Nooooooooooooooooooo!
The Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2013, 11:03 PM   #22
Anji
Rear Admiral
 
Anji's Avatar
 
Location: Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
View Anji's Twitter Profile
Re: Maybe the Villian Was Originally Khan?

TWOK is done. I'm not paying to see it remade.

So is JJ going to treat these franchises like leftovers: just kinda put it all in a cassarole dish, pop it in the oven and then tell us in the family it's something new and exciting he just whipped up? (I'm a mom, I know how this goes.)

And if he does this kinda stuff to Star Trek, I can just imagine what he's going to do to Star Wars.
__________________
"You may be wrong, but you may be right." - Billy Joel
Anji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2013, 11:14 PM   #23
YARN
Fleet Captain
 
Re: Maybe the Villian Was Originally Khan?

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
USS Einstein wrote: View Post
TrekMovie: So you said that Cumberbatch plays a canon character, but now we see he is playing a guy named John Harrison, so no conflict?

Roberto Orci: Well I did say on your site that I lied once [see comment 67].
Looks like no joy on that info.
Wrong.

Orci's dodging the question which is raised by Cumberbatch's character's name, the name itself being misdirection.
Your posts never cease to amuse me. You never make arguments. Only pronouncements.
YARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28 2013, 03:19 PM   #24
Ovation
Vice Admiral
 
Location: La Belle Province or The Green Mountain State (depends on the day of the week)
Re: Maybe the Villian Was Originally Khan?

Making arguments on a casual fan site is NOT a requirement. Never has been.

I can't speak for Dennis, but if I were to constantly engage in "arguments" as you seem to enjoy so much, it would be far too much like my job. On occasion, I engage in a hearty "formal" argument (though usually in the forum most conducive, topic-wise, for it) but mostly I come here to relax and shoot the breeze, as I suspect do most people. If formal arguments are your thing, great. But it isn't the primary purpose of this place. Nor, frankly, does the membership of the board require periodic "lessons" on "proper forms and conventions of arguments". IF necessary, much of that membership can do it reasonably well (do note the "IF").
Ovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2 2013, 11:52 PM   #25
Therin of Andor
Admiral
 
Therin of Andor's Avatar
 
Location: New Therin Park, Andor (via Australia)
View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile
Re: Maybe the Villian Was Originally Khan?

Anji wrote: View Post
TWOK is done. I'm not paying to see it remade.
TMP was a "remake" of "The Changeling".

Who says a movie set in the new timeline, featuring characters from the old timeline, will be any kind of "remake"?
__________________
Thiptho lapth! Ian (Entire post is personal opinion)
The Andor Files @ http://andorfiles.blogspot.com/
http://therinofandor.blogspot.com/
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2013, 02:18 AM   #26
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral
 
King Daniel Into Darkness's Avatar
 
Location: King Daniel Into Darkness
Re: Maybe the Villian Was Originally Khan?

Even if Khan were in the movie, it makes it no more a "Space Seed" or "Wrath of Khan" remake than "The Dark Knight" was a remake of 1989's "Batman" because they both featured The Joker as the villain.
__________________
Star Trek Imponderables, fun mashups of Trek's biggest continuity errors! Ep1, Ep2 and Ep3
King Daniel Into Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2013, 05:34 AM   #27
lurok
Commodore
 
lurok's Avatar
 
Location: Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
Re: Maybe the Villian Was Originally Khan?

Ovation wrote: View Post
Making arguments on a casual fan site is NOT a requirement. Never has been.

I can't speak for Dennis, but if I were to constantly engage in "arguments" as you seem to enjoy so much, it would be far too much like my job. On occasion, I engage in a hearty "formal" argument (though usually in the forum most conducive, topic-wise, for it) but mostly I come here to relax and shoot the breeze, as I suspect do most people. If formal arguments are your thing, great. But it isn't the primary purpose of this place. Nor, frankly, does the membership of the board require periodic "lessons" on "proper forms and conventions of arguments". IF necessary, much of that membership can do it reasonably well (do note the "IF").
Like
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2013, 04:24 PM   #28
newtontomato539
Commander
 
Re: Maybe the Villian Was Originally Khan?

I think Benedict is playing Matt Decker or his son.
newtontomato539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2013, 04:37 PM   #29
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral
 
Re: Maybe the Villian Was Originally Khan?

Ovation wrote: View Post
Making arguments on a casual fan site is NOT a requirement. Never has been.

I can't speak for Dennis, but if I were to constantly engage in "arguments" as you seem to enjoy so much, it would be far too much like my job. On occasion, I engage in a hearty "formal" argument (though usually in the forum most conducive, topic-wise, for it) but mostly I come here to relax and shoot the breeze, as I suspect do most people. If formal arguments are your thing, great. But it isn't the primary purpose of this place. Nor, frankly, does the membership of the board require periodic "lessons" on "proper forms and conventions of arguments". IF necessary, much of that membership can do it reasonably well (do note the "IF").
Pretty much. It's a waste of my time to take the kinds of nonsensical assertions that are made around here regarding matters of taste and opinion seriously enough to do more than bat the shuttlecock back across the net occasionally.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2013, 06:21 PM   #30
Jackson_Roykirk
Commodore
 
Jackson_Roykirk's Avatar
 
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Re: Maybe the Villian Was Originally Khan?

Anji wrote: View Post
TWOK is done. I'm not paying to see it remade.

So is JJ going to treat these franchises like leftovers: just kinda put it all in a cassarole dish, pop it in the oven and then tell us in the family it's something new and exciting he just whipped up? (I'm a mom, I know how this goes.)

And if he does this kinda stuff to Star Trek, I can just imagine what he's going to do to Star Wars.
I would argue that TWoK is barely about the Genetically Engineered Superman we saw in Space Seed. If it wasn't for the fact that Montalban reprised his original Space Seed role (at least in character name) and a couple of references back to some details of Space Seed, it would have been very difficult to determine that the plot of TWoK was any kind of Space Seed sequel at all.

TWoK had almost nothing at all do do with the "Genetically Engineered Supermen who would rule the world" plot. It was simply about what happens after one of those Supermen goes mad with revenge.

I loved TWoK for what it was -- it was a great film. However, I would love to see a REAL Space Seed sequel featuring one or more of the Botany Bay's genetically engineered super-humans in the 23rd century Federation (I mean a cool and calculating one with all his wits about them -- not one who's gone mad). I'm not saying this film will be that -- although it might. And if it were, it would NOT be a TWoK rehash; it would be a true sequel to Space Seed.
__________________

...With shoes that cut, and eyes that burn like cigarettes
With fingernails that shine like justice and a voice that is dark like tinted glass...
Jackson_Roykirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.