CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old January 12 2013, 10:36 PM   #46
Ryan Thomas Riddle
Rear Admiral

View Ryan Thomas Riddle's Twitter Profile
Re: "Best of both Worlds" - Special Bluray Release

BillJ wrote: View Post
It might have been filmed, but that scene was never in any version (first run, syndicated, home video) that I've ever seen.

The episode is better without it in my opinion. It just covers the same ground that the Riker/Guinan conversation did.
Agree. The Riker/Guinan scene covers much the same ground in a tighter and better way.
Old January 14 2013, 03:26 AM   #47
Mr Pointy Ears
Captain

guess i will be getting it as well as season 3.
Mr Pointy Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2013, 12:21 PM   #48
Tiberius
Commodore

middyseafort wrote: View Post
It might have been filmed, but that scene was never in any version (first run, syndicated, home video) that I've ever seen.

The episode is better without it in my opinion. It just covers the same ground that the Riker/Guinan conversation did.
Agree. The Riker/Guinan scene covers much the same ground in a tighter and better way.
I can see your point, but to me the scenes are different.

The Riker/Deanna scene shows that he can't be the crew's big brother any more. He's gotta become their leader. That's what causes the change in his relationship with Deanna. But even then, he still feels that he is just keeping Picard's seat warm.

It's not until the scene with Guinan that he realises that he can't do it that way. He can't keep doing what he thinks Picard would do. he's gotta do things his own way, and it's only then that they start making progress towards defeating the Borg, as they kidnap Locutus.

So while the two scenes are very similar, there are important differences.
Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2013, 12:14 AM   #49
Mott the barber
Commodore

Nero's Shadow wrote: View Post
trekker670 wrote: View Post
Feature length cuts have been done before for home video, mainly in the UK, and they’re so that they fit the new format. Specifically, “removing the recap and title sequence at the top of part 2, putting credits for both parts at the top of Act One of part 1, and in some cases re-editing cliffhanger resolutions (for “The Best of Both Worlds”, the build-up to the firing of the deflector weapon in Part II is omitted). ”
More information here: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star...ngth_TV_Movies
Still got mine on VHS I watched it that much I snapped the tape !!!! Mr Worf Fire !!!!!
Like Seth McFarlane said... "I ran that VHS tape into the ground."
Old January 17 2013, 07:53 PM   #50
Danlav05
Commander

I have TOS Remastered and TNG-ENT on DVD, so I'm not planning on buying it all over again, but I do have the movies all on blu-ray, but TNG Remastered looks like new so it's good these 'sample' discs are going to be out there, hopefully some future episodes will get the same treatment. Looking further into the future, I relish the thought of DS9's Emissary and The Way of the Warrior in HD.

I do plan on getting 'The Next Level' too, hopefully the special features will be interesting.

There was a feature length edit of 'The Best of Both Worlds' on YouTube which edited the epiodes into a movie, cutting the 'ad breaks' unlike the VHS, and added scenes from the openings of First Contact and Emissary to expand things a bit.
Danlav05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2013, 08:24 PM   #51
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Danlav05 wrote: View Post

I do plan on getting 'The Next Level' too, hopefully the special features will be interesting.
Not really much in the way of special features on The Next Level disc.
Old January 19 2013, 02:22 AM   #52
Danlav05
Commander

Danlav05 wrote: View Post

Not really much in the way of special features on The Next Level disc.
It'd be good to watch the full episodes in HD anyway, to see if they 'look like they were filmed yesterday'
Danlav05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2013, 11:14 PM   #53
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I've only skimmed the thread so maybe this question has been answered, but if they are making it a movie, how will they include the very end score of part 1. One of the reasons why that cliffhanger works so well is after you get "Mr. Worf, Fire", it cuts to To be Continued and you get that famous score. With the movie, it seemed like that would be lost.
Here's my version that I described above:

Link contained unknown malware and has been removed from all posts.

(NOTE: This is only a 3 minute clip and is for illustrative purposes only. It is my fair use comment on how the edit should be handled. © 2012 CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
Thanks for making my day awful!

It took forever for this video to download. It ran poorly. It slowed down my computer and corrupted my browser by changing the homepage.
WTF!

I might report this to the mods!!!!

Last edited by Mutai Sho-Rin; January 20 2013 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Link removed
Flying Spaghetti Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2013, 11:45 PM   #54
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
Maxwell Everett wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I've only skimmed the thread so maybe this question has been answered, but if they are making it a movie, how will they include the very end score of part 1. One of the reasons why that cliffhanger works so well is after you get "Mr. Worf, Fire", it cuts to To be Continued and you get that famous score. With the movie, it seemed like that would be lost.
Here's my version that I described above:

Link removed

(NOTE: This is only a 3 minute clip and is for illustrative purposes only. It is my fair use comment on how the edit should be handled. © 2012 CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
Thanks for making my day awful!

It took forever for this video to download. It ran poorly. It slowed down my computer and corrupted my browser by changing the homepage.
WTF!

I might report this to the mods!!!!
It was certainly not my video that did it. It looks like sendspace tricked you into downloading an exe file. There is a checkbox underneath the download button that says "Download with sendspace accelerator and get recommended offers."

I assure you that this is not what the link looked like after I uploaded the video and checked the link to make sure it worked. This is what the proper webpage should look like:

Nevertheless, I apologize for inadvertently screwing up your browser and suffice it to say I will not be using sendspace to upload anything ever again. If it was possible, I would put a disclaimer on my original post, but unfortunately I can no longer edit it.

If the mods deem it necessary, I am of course fine with them removing the links from every post that has them, including my original one.

Last edited by Maxwell Everett; January 20 2013 at 01:05 AM. Reason: removed link
Maxwell Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20 2013, 12:18 AM   #55
Dr. Sevrin
Vice Admiral

A Google search shows two separate sites giving warnings about Sendspace last year.
Old January 20 2013, 12:31 AM   #56
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

For anyone else who downloaded my file and is having browser or computer issues similar to what FSM reported, Sendspace may have tricked you into downloading an exe file that it named BOBW-Parts-IampII-Joined.mp4.exe

What I uploaded to them was a 20.81 MB video file named BOBW-Parts-I&II-Joined.mp4. There is nothing wrong with this video file.

If you're having unexplained issues with your browser, search your computer (if you're using windows also check Add or Remove Programs) for that exe file or a program called "sendspace accelerator." According to sendspace the file should be 310 KB.

I would also advise you to run a virus scan and/or a Malwarebytes scan. At this point I think it would definitely be a good idea for the mods to remove the link from each post it is in.

Again, I apologize to anyone who may have been affected by this.
Old January 20 2013, 12:38 AM   #57
Dr. Sevrin
Vice Admiral

You can probably flag the original post yourself, and those posts quoting it, with an explanation to the mods.
Old January 20 2013, 12:44 AM   #58
RAMA
Vice Admiral

I had problems which I fixed the next day after I realized there was a problem. Usually my malware protection stops such things, but I accepted the install file. It installed a lot of crap. It's the first time Ive ever had any problems with any download on this BB.

RAMA
Old January 20 2013, 12:45 AM   #59
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

Melakon wrote: View Post
You can probably flag the original post yourself, and those posts quoting it, with an explanation to the mods.
Done!
Old January 20 2013, 12:48 AM   #60
Maxwell Everett
Commodore

RAMA wrote: View Post
I had problems which I fixed the next day after I realized there was a problem. Usually my malware protection stops such things, but I accepted the install file. It installed a lot of crap. It's the first time Ive ever had any problems with any download on this BB.

RAMA
Again, I'm very sorry. Hopefully the mods will soon remove the links.