Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old January 9 2013, 07:30 PM   #76
lennier1
Commodore

Re: Hawaii 5-0 Season 3 discussion/spoilers

As much as I like his character, to me he'll always be "The CAG" (Tom Boone).
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11 2013, 09:12 AM   #77
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Hawaii Five-0 to Feature New Jimi Hendrix Music on Special Sunday Episode

CBS will air a special episode of Hawaii Five-0 after the AFC Championship game on Sunday, Jan. 20 that will feature new music from Jimi Hendrix, TVGuide.com has learned.

Yup. You heard us right. Hendrix might have passed away years ago, but Hawaii Five-0's upcoming episode will feature seven never-released songs from the music legend. The tracks, "Bleeding Heart," "Mojo Man," "Hey Gypsy Boy," "Inside Out," "Crash Landing," "Hear My Train A Comin'" and "Somewhere," make up seven of the 12 songs on the upcoming brand-new Hendrix album People, Hell and Angels, which will be available to everyone on Tuesday, March 5.
Awesome!
Old January 15 2013, 09:38 AM   #78
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Ok, which ending did you get? On the West coast it was the student that was the killer. Who was it on the East coast?
Old January 15 2013, 01:47 PM   #79
jayceee
Commander

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Ok, which ending did you get? On the West coast it was the student that was the killer. Who was it on the East coast?
(Not quite east coast).

The professor's boss.
jayceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2013, 04:56 PM   #80
Top41

Was the boss one a good ending? I thought the student one was tenuous at best. Why would a subpar student suddenly decide he wanted to steal his professor's research? The other endings are online--I need to go watch.

Loved Kono's storyline with Sang Min--he might be my favorite baddie!

Danny's punk nephew was hilarious, and I love that Steve and Danny got mistaken for some sorority girl's two dads--and that Steve was upset that someone thought he was old enough to have a college age kid, not that he and Danny are a couple. Priceless!
Old January 15 2013, 05:13 PM   #81
jayceee
Commander

Top41 wrote: View Post
Was the boss one a good ending? I thought the student one was tenuous at best. Why would a subpar student suddenly decide he wanted to steal his professor's research?
I haven't watched the other endings yet.

With that being said, the boss ending seemed to be plausible in the context of a dog-eat-dog hypercompetitive university department (ie. patents, Nobel Prizes, funding, etc ...). Though this would seem to more the territory of places like a Harvard, MIT, Stanford, etc ..., than a university in Hawaii.
jayceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2013, 07:14 PM   #82
SAndrews10
Captain

I voted for the TA and am on the East Coast, we had the boss ending. Not a fan, this office grunt went to all this, murder and everything just for some accolades. I didn't buy it. I also didn't like we were being prompted to vote before we even met the student suspect. Ummm ok
SAndrews10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2013, 07:26 PM   #83
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

Top41 wrote: View Post
Was the boss one a good ending? I thought the student one was tenuous at best. Why would a subpar student suddenly decide he wanted to steal his professor's research? The other endings are online--I need to go watch.

Loved Kono's storyline with Sang Min--he might be my favorite baddie!

Danny's punk nephew was hilarious, and I love that Steve and Danny got mistaken for some sorority girl's two dads--and that Steve was upset that someone thought he was old enough to have a college age kid, not that he and Danny are a couple. Priceless!
How did the ending change except for a name over the cell phone and a different guy being shot by Steve and Chin Ho?

I was expecting a bit more from Sang Min, it was a replay from his lat appearance, are they setting up another escape from Hawaii's supermax? Will we see an intern CSI Guido, they clearly stated he has to go to school somewhere so no instant academy for him.

Still I liked it, I don't expect Sherlock Holmes stuff from Commander McGarrett
Old January 16 2013, 02:47 AM   #84
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Overall, it was a bit lame. I was hoping that it would have some more impact, now it just seems a way to get people to watch live and to push the website and eventually the DVDs.

I guess, in my head, I had hoped we'd have had more evidence to support it being one of the suspects, instead of what amounted to randomly voting for who we thought, at first blush, it would be. I guess it's hard to have the ending ready in time if you need to have watched 3/4 of the episode to see enough to make a valid prediction.

I guess I was hoping for Clue the game (ie making a guess based on evidence gathered), but instead, we got Clue the movie (ie multiple random endings just for the sake of random endings).
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2013, 04:49 PM   #85
Top41

Star Wolf wrote: View Post
How did the ending change except for a name over the cell phone and a different guy being shot by Steve and Chin Ho?
They didn't, which is kind of lame. All three had the same motivation? Come on. It also bothered me that there wasn't really any evidence against anyone--it was more a wild guess than anything. Great idea, but the execution was lacking.

I still liked the episode, but more for the other story lines and the humor. Also, it was great to see Jeff Fahey in the ep--love him!
Old January 16 2013, 06:57 PM   #86
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

It's hard to do these multiple choice endings for a murder mystery and have them make sense so it's easier to offer no real clues so any ending can work.
Old January 17 2013, 12:43 AM   #87
Kimi3013
Captain

It was basically terrible execution of a bad idea.
Kimi3013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2013, 11:50 AM   #88
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

Hopefully a gimmick that won't be repeated. The two alternate endings were available On Demand, and quite frankly I couldn't give a crap about any of the three endings.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2013, 11:59 AM   #89
lennier1
Commodore

It probably would've been better if they had actually made three separate final acts instead of just a scene that's only a few seconds long.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2013, 12:44 PM   #90
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

^That's not a bad idea. The episode running longer (maybe 90 minutes) so there's more time to flesh out the three possible perps and their motivations could have helped, too. I didn't get to watch it live, but as SAndrews pointed out upthread it's a problem when they're telling you to go online and vote for a suspect that hasn't even been introduced into the story yet (the student).
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote