Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 16 2013, 07:17 PM   #1771
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead
Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

I love All New X-Men. I wish it came out every day.
Old January 16 2013, 07:20 PM   #1772
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

I really have no interest in young teen Thanos and the angst he feels over his unfullfilled love for Death. Boring.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2013, 01:02 AM   #1773
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Eh, Savage Wolverine is a one and done for me. It was pretty dull and uninspired.
Old January 17 2013, 01:28 AM   #1774
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

How old is Thanos? Teen Thanos could go to earth and party with teen Sylvia Plath?

Icemizer wrote: View Post
I am eagerly awaiting the professor and the backup team to travel to the future to find the original team. Great battles await!!
Circa X-Men #10, when this all happened, who did Chuck have on speed-dial back then?

Amelia Voight?

Storm?

Madrox?

Havok?

Wolverine?

Changeling?

(Oh god) Namor?

or do you mean the first back up team that Krakoa the living island killed before the Professor swept that under the carpet and sent the all new all different X-Men in Giant Sized X-Men #1?

Actually what I think would be hilarious is that Magneto follows the kids into the future because he has every inch of the the school wired, only to be disgusted by himself.

" ...But you destroyed New York, that was good."

"That wasn't me. Just some idiot pretending to be me."

HA! I know why Jean is a telepath!

The professor installed timelocks rather than outright locks when he IN CANON he turned off her telepathy because she was too young to handle it... So it's like putting the clocks forward a couple hours.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2013, 02:14 AM   #1775
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Superior Spider-Man #1.

I didn't know Marvel Comics published one-and-dones any more.
Matt Fraction's Hawkeye, which has been magnificent, has been mostly done-in-ones with one two-parter. The first arc of Keiron Gillen's Iron Man was composed of done-in-one issues. It's a trend I approve of.
Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
JRS wrote: View Post
Been thinking of getting back to Marvel again( the same last year my interest somehow dried out). The time seems pretty good for it now and it would not make my shopping really that much more expensive(if I order two or three new comics, that is).
But I am still unsure what titles to try out
Hawkeye and Daredevil have been fantastic. I'm really enjoying All-New X-Men, and although it's not my cup of tea, Wolverine and the X-Men is generally very well liked.

The new volumes of Avengers and New Avengers have both started a little slow IMHO, but writer Jonathon Hickman always plays a long game with his books, and I would recommend getting on the train early as the stories in both are sure to pick up speed.

Amazing Spider-Man was generally always a good bet but ASM doesn't exist anymore (for now, anyway). The current Spidey book, Superior Spider-Man, is a different animal, even though it's the same writer. I would suggest researching Spider-Man's current status quo before commiting to buying, but I would bet that SSM will be a fun ride.
Sorry to quote myself twice in one post, but I have something to add to both of these statements.

Indestructable Hulk. Three issues in and they have all been done-in-ones, and they have all been very good reads. I would highly recommend it to a new or returning reader.

Last edited by Turtletrekker; January 17 2013 at 02:57 AM.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2013, 03:11 AM   #1776
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral

Just how long ago did the X-Men form in current continuity. I can understand Scott being confuse by a Map phone ap, but by bottle water? And why is he staring at the mohawk guy? The 70s were over 30 years ago, his dad might have sported a mohawk.
Old January 17 2013, 03:24 AM   #1777
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Isn't it somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 years have passed in the Marvel Universe since the "beginning" with the Fantastic Four's accident?
Old January 17 2013, 04:03 AM   #1778
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
Isn't it somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 years have passed in the Marvel Universe since the "beginning" with the Fantastic Four's accident?
Even if Scott is from 1993, I think he'd know what bottled water is and had seen a guy with a mohawk. Surely they had TV in the orphanage and at Xavier's.
Old January 17 2013, 04:19 AM   #1779
Davros
Fleet Admiral

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Just how long ago did the X-Men form in current continuity. I can understand Scott being confuse by a Map phone ap, but by bottle water? And why is he staring at the mohawk guy? The 70s were over 30 years ago, his dad might have sported a mohawk.
I remember people staring at people with mohawks up into the early eighties. But then again colorado was not on the front lines of what was hip then.
Old January 17 2013, 05:00 AM   #1780
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral

Davros wrote: View Post
I remember people staring at people with mohawks up into the early eighties. But then again colorado was not on the front lines of what was hip then.
Mohawks would have been unusual then. Ten or fifteen years later, not so much.
Old January 17 2013, 07:45 AM   #1781
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Mowhawks are for tryhards conforming to acceptable parameters of rebellion now.

Unless they're being Ironic.

Then they're just assholes.

Fauxhawks were never cool.

It's definitely over 20 years since they were taken.

Whet pegged me was Kitty saying that Jean was in the class ahead. Kitty joined during the dark Phoenix saga. They barely met before Jean died on the moon 6 issues or 6 hours later. And when Jean came back for X-Factor, Kitty was off in England with Excalibur (Although Kitty celebrated her 16th birth day in I think it was probably Excalibur 16. Courtney Ross (Courtney Cox + Ross Ghellar? Weird.)bought her an Italian sports car.). Any time they met after that they would have been peers and adults, before Jean died again.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2013, 02:24 PM   #1782
Mr Light
Admiral

The bottled water thing threw me as well. There's no way that Marvel continuity is older than ten years of comic book time. So that would place Young Scott from @2002. After 9/11. I'm pretty sure they had bottled water back then...

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2013, 06:30 PM   #1783
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

There's a traitor in Scott's little band of rebels...uh-oh.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/unca...easer-now.html

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2013, 06:37 PM   #1784
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

You just have to accept that it doesn't make sense - logically they are from maybe 1998 or around then but within the story, they are meant to be from the 1960s or a similar low-tech 'innocence' era - it's never going to be internally consistent because they are going for an emotional reaction and a certain feel rather than an analytical approach.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2013, 06:40 PM   #1785
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Having said that, even you really do stick to "it's 15 years ago" and do it in a consistent manner - that throws up all sorts of changes to the Marvel Universe, within a couple of years, we'll have a Cap who woke up after 911 (he must have already missed the cold war)*. The punisher has been recently revised to be a Gulf War vet rather than one of the nam.

* Mark Waid recently did a series where Cap wakes up last year and Obama is the president.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote