Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade Blood & Chrome...
Excellent 43 34.96%
Above Average 53 43.09%
Average 24 19.51%
Below Average 3 2.44%
Poor 0 0%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 20 2012, 09:54 PM   #376
Candlelight
Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - Grading & Discussion

I hated the mega-happy ending.
Old December 27 2012, 02:06 PM   #377
Ethros
Vice Admiral

^ like in Wayne's World?
Old December 29 2012, 11:51 AM   #378
ialfan
Fleet Captain

For all those complaining about how this contradicted Razor, I didn't mind. It didn't contradict the (extended edition) movie at all and really only the first Razor webisode. I'll take a two hour movie over a two minute scene any day. It could have been better but It was more BSG and I enjoyed it. I just wish we had more.
Old December 31 2012, 06:50 AM   #379
Yoda
Rear Admiral

I thought B&C was pretty decent. The ridiculously long time it took for it to air sure made you think it would be an unmitigated disaster but as a spinoff pilot it's at least better than any of JMS's B5 spinoff attempts. Considering the nonsense that Syfy throws out there I really don't get why they didn't try to run with it.
Old January 1 2013, 04:54 AM   #380
STR
Captain

Unmitigated disaster? Really? I'll be the first to admit that the second half dragged on, and it relied a little to heavily on character stereotypes, but there's absolutely nothing in either the casting, or general show concept that made me think "There's NO way this could be turned into a good show". It is a GOOD foundation. Not great, not like the BSG miniseries, but that's a rarity. Pilots are works-in-progress and should be seen for the potential as much as the actual content.

Even by itself, it's entertaining.
Old January 1 2013, 03:33 PM   #381
Robert Maxwell
beep

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

STR wrote: View Post
Unmitigated disaster? Really? I'll be the first to admit that the second half dragged on, and it relied a little to heavily on character stereotypes, but there's absolutely nothing in either the casting, or general show concept that made me think "There's NO way this could be turned into a good show". It is a GOOD foundation. Not great, not like the BSG miniseries, but that's a rarity. Pilots are works-in-progress and should be seen for the potential as much as the actual content.

Even by itself, it's entertaining.
He didn't say it was an unmitigated disaster. He said the opposite.
Old January 7 2013, 06:39 AM   #382
Immolatus
Captain

Just saw the whole thing this weekend and I have to say it wasn't that bad. I enjoyed it. whats the status? are they going to continue the show?
Beware the beast man for he is the Devils pawn. Alone among Gods primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Let him not breed in great numbers for he will make a desert of his home & yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
Old January 7 2013, 03:50 PM   #383
Robert Maxwell
beep

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

No, there are no plans to continue it.
Old January 8 2013, 06:27 AM   #384
Immolatus
Captain

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
No, there are no plans to continue it.
thats too bad. many of us would have enjoyed it
Beware the beast man for he is the Devils pawn. Alone among Gods primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Let him not breed in great numbers for he will make a desert of his home & yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
Old January 9 2013, 07:06 PM   #385
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Sorry, if the official air date has been mentioned, I don't recall seeing it here (Only assumptions it would be right before or right after the DVD release).

I just saw a post on SyFy board, that it's official air date on SyFy is February 10

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Old January 17 2013, 12:49 AM   #386
therealsb63
Lieutenant

I think if the movie gets a good turnout on February 10th, I think there's a small chance they may reconsider their decision. Rumor has it SyFy may be interested in developing it as a web series if the response is positive.

B&C to me, I'll be honest and say it was average as a BSG product to me, but then, as others have mentioned, it is just a pilot. How much better was the first regular episode of nuBSG, "33," than the pilot of that series?
Old January 17 2013, 03:02 PM   #387
Robert Maxwell
beep

therealsb63 wrote: View Post
I think if the movie gets a good turnout on February 10th, I think there's a small chance they may reconsider their decision. Rumor has it SyFy may be interested in developing it as a web series if the response is positive.

B&C to me, I'll be honest and say it was average as a BSG product to me, but then, as others have mentioned, it is just a pilot. How much better was the first regular episode of nuBSG, "33," than the pilot of that series?
Are you serious? "33" is possibly the best episode of the entire series. It won a Hugo, for crying out loud.
Old January 17 2013, 03:11 PM   #388
therealsb63
Lieutenant

My point exactly. How much better was "33" than the pilot episode that preceded it? Worlds better.

In other words, B&C may not have been outstanding, but nothing says any subsequent episodes wouldn't be far better.
Old January 17 2013, 03:29 PM   #389
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

I said earlier, DVD sales could be the sticking point for future chapters too.

If we buy the DVD's & blu-rays in great numbers, it would get their attention.

I plan to purchase it, though the price is a little high for what amounts to a very long episode. Amazon pre-order prices are $19.99/$24.32.
Old January 21 2013, 05:08 PM   #390
Robert Maxwell
beep

therealsb63 wrote: View Post
My point exactly. How much better was "33" than the pilot episode that preceded it? Worlds better.

In other words, B&C may not have been outstanding, but nothing says any subsequent episodes wouldn't be far better.
I missed your point, then. Sorry about that!

I'm not sure B&C would've gotten much better over time, though. It had much lower ambitions in terms of storytelling. It just wanted to be a war show.