Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old January 5 2013, 07:28 PM   #31
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

Re: Giving Enterprise another chance

Skywalker wrote: View Post
T'Girl wrote: View Post
Conan
Ronon
[sarcasm] ~ I'm sure the similarity of the two names is a coincident. ~ [/sarcasm]

T'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 05:41 PM   #32
jpch
Commander

teacake wrote: View Post
"This application of the gel is inefficient. Let me remove my shirt."
hahahahaha omg
jpch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 05:42 PM   #33
jpch
Commander

I was never a huge fan of ENT but its still Star Trek and i would watch it if its on TV now because i miss TRek sooo much.
It was not the best,but still fun.
jpch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 12:14 PM   #34
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

Season 4 was in my super humble opinion some of the BEST TREK ever.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2013, 07:40 AM   #35
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

I will say season 3 is an improvement over 1 and 2. I have no intention of not finishing the series now. Maybe it's better I watch it now and I didn't see it back then when I would have been judging it against other Star Trek series and been exposed to the constant week to week criticism on this site.

The time travel episode to 2004 was unnecessary. Enterprise overused time travel, having a time travel episode in an arc that's based on time travel is putting a hat on a hat. And it wasn't that interesting a time travel episode anyway.
JirinPanthosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2013, 08:47 AM   #36
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

I know I'm late to the thread, but when I did a rewatch a few years ago, I found Season 3 to be the best season. It didn't feel like Star Trek, but we got some juicy character moments and as a drama, the final episodes from Azati Prime to Zero Hour minus the last minute were some of the best Enterprise had to offer. It was those character moments that felt lost in Season 4, even though we got back to the more Star Trekkien aspects. Still, I think that 3 episode run of Azati Prime, The Forgotten, and Damage was the best Enterprise ever got.
Old January 9 2013, 03:10 AM   #37
NeedsOfTheMany
Lieutenant Junior Grade

View NeedsOfTheMany's Twitter Profile

I really enjoyed moments of the 1st and 2nd season, the 3rd started to pick up and had some of the most solid writing in Enterprise. Season 4 to me was great, so much promise and momentum.
NeedsOfTheMany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11 2013, 02:16 AM   #38
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

The quality of the writing in the past few episodes has increased so much over even the beginning of the season it's ridiculous.

In fact, I was just browsing over the writing credits.

My favorite two episodes of the series so far: Similitude and Chosen Realm. And when I looked they just happend to be...the first two episodes written by Manny Coto.

And he wrote 6 episodes in season 4. Sweet.

Speaking of Chosen Realm, I think it was going very well until the last one minute. Why did they need that one last scene to say directly all the things they were implying for the rest of the episode?
Old January 16 2013, 05:17 AM   #39
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

Strategem is interesting the way it puts Enterprise in the position of what would be the villains in any other series.

It really is amazing the way the writing improved so drastically just halfway through the season.
Old January 16 2013, 09:56 AM   #40
controlfreak
Commander

I'm not sure I understand rewatching something you obviously hated just to make sure you still hate it. It seems like a colossal waste of time and energy, though I suppose if you're starting to appreciate it more this go 'round, more power to ya..
Old January 16 2013, 10:14 AM   #41
R. Star
Rear Admiral

controlfreak wrote: View Post
I'm not sure I understand rewatching something you obviously hated just to make sure you still hate it. It seems like a colossal waste of time and energy, though I suppose if you're starting to appreciate it more this go 'round, more power to ya..
When Enterprise aired, I quit about halfway through the second season in disgust. Years without new Trek softened me to the series more and I got through it all last year. It's still my least favorite of all the five series, but there are some gems in there.
Old January 17 2013, 01:17 AM   #42
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

Because I'm not re-watching. When it was first on I quit at the start of the third season, now I'm picking up right where I left off.

I have no intention of re-watching the first two seasons.
Old January 17 2013, 02:51 AM   #43
NeedsOfTheMany
Lieutenant Junior Grade

View NeedsOfTheMany's Twitter Profile

I'm about to make a second run through the series. I liked it the first time, watched it without judging it as a prequel or following continuity. Will pay a little more attention to detail this time through.
NeedsOfTheMany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17 2013, 05:00 AM   #44
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

R. Star wrote: View Post
When Enterprise aired, I quit about halfway through the second season in disgust. Years without new Trek softened me to the series more and I got through it all last year. It's still my least favorite of all the five series, but there are some gems in there.
Yea, I watched TNG and DS9 religiously, but, missed alot of Voyager of Enterprise (And what I did watch, I watched with preconceived notions). I've recently watched them all the way through without those preconceived notions and enjoyed them both alot more. On the other hand, my recent rewatch all the way through of TNG (First time straight through, though I've seen many reruns here and there) I found I thought a greater percentage of it was pretty average compared to what I was expecting.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20 2013, 05:26 AM   #45
JirinPanthosa
Rear Admiral

Watching Doctor's Orders, and...it's the exact same episode as Voyager's 'One'. The exact same episode. Only less interesting because we already know we can trust Phlox and it's four days, not a whole month. I like being around people too but I can handle four freaking days. Who greenlit this episode?