Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 20 2012, 05:22 AM   #16
Fearless
Commodore

Re: The Vampire Diaries - Season 4

The Originals made this show worth watching again...Klaus & Rebekah are great and cannot wait to see what will happen with April.

- I want something important to happen with April and not be "food".
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12 2013, 09:57 AM   #17
Fearless
Commodore

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

The CW Orders Backdoor Pilot for 'Vampire Diaries' Spinoff, 'The Originals'

And there you go. As much as I like The Originals...this seemed better suited for this past fall not next.
Old January 12 2013, 12:44 PM   #18
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Phoebe Tonkin is an Australian?

Nobody tells me anything.

She's the bad kind of sexy.

It's going to be amazing, but you'll wake up and she's taken your car and/or your kidneys.

It was weird watching Cordelia and Angel draw closer together until I became invested and then Charisma punched Joss in the face who landed on his ass and fired the poor slim thing... Whereafter I was denied a happily ever after that I never even wanted until they MADE ME!

This will be more of the frakking same.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12 2013, 07:57 PM   #19
js
Captain

I like Joseph Morgan but short of his scenes with Caroline, and the glorious character of Elijah, the Originals have been 1000% useless and I will be very happy if they all depart (except Elijah) to a different show so they stop making TVD so dull every time they're onscreen!
Old January 13 2013, 12:27 AM   #20
JD
Admiral

Hmm, I might give it a chance, but I'm not going to expect anything amazing.
Old January 13 2013, 06:20 AM   #21
degra
Fleet Captain

the midwinter finale pretty much help sever any lingering passing interest however miniscule. Needless to say julie plec has managed to totally destroy the show with the triangle and repetitive stories.

and a spin off sounds awful esp with plec being the creative force behind it but quality doesn't matter to the CW so it'll probably get picked up.
degra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2013, 03:53 PM   #22
Kosh Naranek
Captain

I have not watched the last three eps. I may try to power through them this week. My interest level has fallen to zero.

If Elijah is on the spin-off, I might torture myself and watch.
Old January 22 2013, 04:03 PM   #23
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Well, I have caught up. The show really needs to do something to grab me or I am gone at the end of this season. (Not sure why I keep hanging on, unless it is to finish out the whole Professor Shane story.)

Bonnie's dad is a Cylon. I like the actor. I hope is not just grist for the kill the parent a week mill.

This last ep was too much exposition. I about croaked while they sat around a table and talked about their feelings. Blah!
Old January 23 2013, 02:33 AM   #24
JD
Admiral

^Yeah, all of that stuff with Rebekah forcing to discuss all of that stuff was a little over the top. Now that I've started both versions of Being Human, I'm thinking about giving this up and just sticking with them, Lost Girl, and True Blood for my Vamps/Were/ect. fix.
EDIT: David Gillies, the actor who plays Elijah, has joined the cast of The Originals.

Last edited by JD; January 23 2013 at 03:32 AM.
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2013, 03:28 PM   #25
Kosh Naranek
Captain

JD wrote: View Post
^Yeah, all of that stuff with Rebekah forcing to discuss all of that stuff was a little over the top. Now that I've started both versions of Being Human, I'm thinking about giving this up and just sticking with them, Lost Girl, and True Blood for my Vamps/Were/ect. fix.
EDIT: David Gillies, the actor who plays Elijah, has joined the cast of The Originals.
Now that Gillies is going to the new show, I will watch it and dump Vampire Diaries. I kept hanging on mainly for Elijah.

Granted the new show is not a done deal, but if it is a go I could see Claire Holt going as well. That means the only character that I pay attention to that would be left on the Vamp Diaries is Caroline and that is not enough to hold me.

Klaus is a bit much as a character but Morgan does his best to sell it. Claire Holt makes me like Rebecca inspite of myself.

I have not seen enough of Kol to judge.

Gillies grabbed me as Elijah back at the beginning. His involvement in the new show guarantees my eyeballs being on at least the first 4 eps, if the show gets made.

So, if the new show is a go, then I shall bid Vampire Diaries adieu.

If the new show is not made, I still do not think I shall watch Vamp Diaries past this season. The Salvatore brothers just bore me now, and I began to actively dislike Elena last year.
Old January 23 2013, 08:57 PM   #26
Mike Farley
Commodore

The show would improve immeasurably if someone would just stake Elena.
Mike Farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2013, 07:39 AM   #27
JD
Admiral

Interesting fact: This will the second show that Claire Holt and Phoebe Tonkin have starred in together. In their native Australia they were 2/3 of a mermaid trio in the teen show H20: Just Add Water. I hate to admit it, but I've been tempted to check that one out just to see them.
Old January 24 2013, 04:58 PM   #28
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Ha-Ha! My niece watches that show sometimes.

I never realized that was Tonkin. I do know that I found it funny to see Rebecca being all nice. Does it come on Nickelodeon?

I have seen snippets once or twice.
Old January 25 2013, 01:02 AM   #29
JD
Admiral

The only places I've found it in the US are Netflix and Hulu. I don't know about other countries.
Old January 25 2013, 11:24 PM   #30
Fearless
Commodore

Don't remember Kol being a bad-ass. I have a horrible memory but if he dies how many are left? Klaus, Rebekah, Elijah?