Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 8 2013, 06:12 AM   #46
sojourner
Admiral

Re: Young Justice, Green Lantern return January 5th

Mr Light wrote: View Post
So did anyone think for a single second that Aqualad was actually evil?
It was revealed about 4 episodes ago. I thought it was possible considering I wasn't sure if the character was from the comics or created for the series.
Old January 8 2013, 08:14 AM   #47
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

^ Sorta-kinda both. Weisman created him for the series and Geoff Johns liked him so much he included a slight variation in the comics (I think around the time of Brightest Day?). The comics happened to come out first though.

I thought it was possible just because I was willing to believe the show would go in that direction, and it had been 5 years after all.
Old January 8 2013, 02:22 PM   #48
Mr Light
Admiral

Has Aqualad appeared in the new comic continuity yet?

Mr Light is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2013, 06:27 AM   #49
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

They name dropped Garth recently, but no version of Aqualad has shown up. Other than Roy/Speedy all of Robin's original playmates are missing.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 12 2013, 09:42 PM   #50
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Some impressive destruction today on both GL and YJ (not to mention CW) today. YJ really likes their threats to be cranked to 11, it seems like they are always overmatched. Maybe that makes some sense in a team show but it's sometimes a bit exasperating to watch. Interesting to see the ambassador's tactics in using the Justice League's actions against themselves politically.

Does anyone know what DC property is being used in that DC Nation action short? I thought that was pretty cool. I'm glad they are going beyond simple funnies for these lately. Even with something like Amethyst it's more than just DC characters saying funny things.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12 2013, 09:52 PM   #51
Christopher
Writer

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Does anyone know what DC property is being used in that DC Nation action short? I thought that was pretty cool.
You mean the really martial-arts-heavy one? That's part 1 of a 3-part arc of shorts that's been run before, called "The Batman of Shanghai." Part 1 focuses on Catwoman, Part 2 on Bane (glimpsed as the masked carriage driver at the end of part 1), and part 3 on Batman. They're produced by a Chinese animation studio called Wolf Smoke. If you missed them before, it's probably because they were debuted during reruns of YJ and GL.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear Ian Abercrombie's voice as Ganthet in the GL episode, given that the actor passed away last year. It's a reminder of how long it takes to produce animation, with the voice recording being one of the earliest steps. I wonder if there will be more episodes with Abercrombie.

Weird portrayal of Despero in the YJ episode. It seemed at times that L-Ron was the master, telling Despero what to do, instead of the servant he claimed to be. Although maybe that could be chalked up to him being Despero's "manager," as it were.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12 2013, 09:58 PM   #52
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

^ Ah, didn't even catch that it was some Batman pastiche (or whatever the right word is...)

EDIT: Cheated and watched it all on youtube, color me impressed.
Old January 13 2013, 12:15 AM   #53
JD
Admiral

I really enjoyed both of the episode.
GL: I really like the Blue Lanterns, and I'm curious to see where they are headed with Razor. I honestly thought that once they defeated the Red Lanterns, he switch over to either the Green or the Blue, but it looks he'll be staying Red, for the time being at least.
YJ: Wow. I wonder if they'll rebuild the Hall of Justice or leave it destroyed. I wonder if Mal will keep the Guardian suit?

I looked him up on Wikipedia and it says he did become Guardian in the comics, so I'm assuming he will keep it then.
Old January 13 2013, 12:35 AM   #54
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

It's funny, getting older, the storyline's aren't necessarily too kiddie but I find myself wondering about things like how much effort it will be to fix all the damage done by the manhunters and stuff.
Old January 13 2013, 01:12 AM   #55
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral

View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile

First Mount Justice and now the Hall of Justice. The way things are going these folks won't have any headquarters left. It's too bad that Dick cannot simply invite Conor and the others to stay in Wayne Manor...there is plenty of room. Of course he could just buy a condo or house for them somewhere. I'm sure that Bruse left him to serve as his surrogate at Wayne Enterprises even with Lucius in charge.

I do wonder how the Justice League managed to keep the Watchtower a secret. It does not appear to be cloaked in anyway. Keeping it hidden would have been possible if it had been located on the moon, but it's an asteroid in orbit. Someone MUST have seen it. Why wouldn't the light have told the world since they know it's up there.

I loved seeing L-Ron.
And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13 2013, 01:20 AM   #56
Christopher
Writer

Gotham Central wrote: View Post
I do wonder how the Justice League managed to keep the Watchtower a secret. It does not appear to be cloaked in anyway. Keeping it hidden would have been possible if it had been located on the moon, but it's an asteroid in orbit. Someone MUST have seen it. Why wouldn't the light have told the world since they know it's up there.
Right. Too many TV/movie writers don't realize that you can't hide things in space, because there are no horizons in space. Anyone with a telescope can see what's out there, and there are millions of amateur astronomers the world over.

And the idea of hiding something in Earth orbit is particularly absurd. With all the satellites and astronauts we have up there, Earth orbital space is constantly monitored by NASA and other agencies so we know the location of even small pieces of debris. There's no way something in orbit could be hidden from the planet's governments. Even if it were cloaked against visual detection and shielded against impacts from orbital debris, NASA could discover it by how it altered the trajectories of the bits of debris that struck its shields.

Old January 13 2013, 04:26 AM   #57
Christopher
Writer

JD wrote: View Post
I wonder if Mal will keep the Guardian suit?

I looked him up on Wikipedia and it says he did become Guardian in the comics, so I'm assuming he will keep it then.
By coincidence, this was covered on a comics blog just a couple of days ago... in fact, Mal's stint as the Guardian lasted for all of one issue, and the way it happened wasn't too different from what we saw here:

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...-new-guardian/

Old January 13 2013, 06:06 AM   #58
sojourner
Admiral

The only thing I didn't like about this episode of YJ was that it was yet another example of "variable power levels". Mal should have been a red smear.
Old January 13 2013, 06:43 AM   #59
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Gotham Central wrote: View Post
First Mount Justice and now the Hall of Justice. The way things are going these folks won't have any headquarters left.

I loved seeing L-Ron.
I recognized him from the speech patterns about five seconds before he said his name.

They just need to set up a new headquarters that doesn't use the word "Justice" in the name. Obviously it's a jinx.

Christopher wrote: View Post
And the idea of hiding something in Earth orbit is particularly absurd. With all the satellites and astronauts we have up there, Earth orbital space is constantly monitored by NASA and other agencies so we know the location of even small pieces of debris. There's no way something in orbit could be hidden from the planet's governments.
I was thinking almost the opposite: "So what! They have a satellite-- big deal! How about everything else that's already up there! You're not accusing Dish Network of spying on us, so what's so special about the JLA?!"

The real answer, of course, is who Glorious Godfrey is really working for. But I doubt the show will last long enough to show that.

sojourner wrote: View Post
The only thing I didn't like about this episode of YJ was that it was yet another example of "variable power levels". Mal should have been a red smear.
Yeah, that was pretty silly. Good armor, I guess.
Silvercrest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 13 2013, 07:31 AM   #60
TemporalFlux
Commodore

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
The real answer, of course, is who Glorious Godfrey is really working for. But I doubt the show will last long enough to show that.
I too doubt we'll see it on the show, but Godfrey always works for Darkseid. This season of Young Justice has focused on the 25 year old "Invasion" comics mini-series; and what they are doing with Godfrey is a piece of the comics mini-series "Legends" from the same time frame. I can only guess that a 3rd season of YJ would have that sub-title as it explores Darkseid's long game.
TemporalFlux is offline   Reply With Quote