RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,386
Posts: 5,358,116
Members: 24,626
Currently online: 644
Newest member: suryaprabu02

TrekToday headlines

Star Trek: Prelude to Axanar Online Debut
By: T'Bonz on Jul 31

Warp 5.0: Trek Toward Sci-Fi’s Golden Anniversary
By: T'Bonz on Jul 31

Takei To Host Pittsburgh Symphony PNC Pops’ Sci-Fi Spectacular
By: T'Bonz on Jul 31

Kurtzman In Mummy Talks
By: T'Bonz on Jul 31

The Gene Roddenberry Project Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Moore: No Deep Space Nine Regrets
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 10 2013, 01:48 AM   #31
Sindatur
Vice Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: One Dollar Audios

So, I downloaded it and I notice there's a PDF named Vortex 46.pdf, it's a whole newspaper, lots of ads, but, looks to be quite a bit of Interview stuff as well. Do you get this with all/most/many downloads, and I've been ignoring it? If so, I need to re-unzip my other purchases to get to past issues. Just the one that came with this download will be some fun reading material. I assume the "46" is 46th monthly issue?

I generally just go straight to burning the CD and getting rid of the unzipped files, and save the Zip. Since I keep the discs in CD wallets, instead of individual jewel cases, I don't even bother with printing the covers (Maybe 1 day, I'll print them all and put the stack in the Wallets as well
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2013, 02:22 AM   #32
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters
 
OmahaStar's Avatar
 
Location: OmahaStar
View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar
Re: One Dollar Audios

This is what happens if you don't follow my facebook. :P I don't want to post everything here, because it makes me feel like I'm nothing more than a walking advertisement, or shill, for Big Finish.

Vortex is their monthly magazine. A printed version is included with all CD shipments. All current and past issues can be downloaded here - http://www.bigfinish.com/vortex

Do you check your RSS feed for Big Finish? If not, start doing it. You never know when something will show up. The first Voyage tale, for example, showed up just after the first of November, much earlier than scheduled. Typically, I get the download about a week before the CD shows up in the mail.

I thought both Voyage tales were extremely well done, and it makes me want to hear more from Jago and Litefoot.

As I understand it, Sixie meets up with them during their fourth season, set sometime before these two stories.

There is also an upcoming Fourth Doctor story where he also meets up with an older J&L.
__________________
"Sorry. Wrong movie, buddy."
OmahaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2013, 02:34 AM   #33
Sindatur
Vice Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: One Dollar Audios

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
This is what happens if you don't follow my facebook. :P I don't want to post everything here, because it makes me feel like I'm nothing more than a walking advertisement, or shill, for Big Finish.

Vortex is their monthly magazine. A printed version is included with all CD shipments. All current and past issues can be downloaded here - http://www.bigfinish.com/vortex

Do you check your RSS feed for Big Finish? If not, start doing it. You never know when something will show up. The first Voyage tale, for example, showed up just after the first of November, much earlier than scheduled. Typically, I get the download about a week before the CD shows up in the mail.

I thought both Voyage tales were extremely well done, and it makes me want to hear more from Jago and Litefoot.

As I understand it, Sixie meets up with them during their fourth season, set sometime before these two stories.

There is also an upcoming Fourth Doctor story where he also meets up with an older J&L.
I don't know about RSS Feeds <Sindatur scribbles down another tech he needs to Google and learn to understand>

Off to watch the Reconstruction of The Abominable Snowman for the first time (And haven't heard the story, I only know faint hints from later stories)
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2013, 03:01 AM   #34
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters
 
OmahaStar's Avatar
 
Location: OmahaStar
View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar
Re: One Dollar Audios

Sindatur wrote: View Post
I don't know about RSS Feeds <Sindatur scribbles down another tech he needs to Google and learn to understand>
On the bf site, go to your account. Click on the "Subscribe to RSS" link, either towards the top/center, or on the right side of the screen (they do the same thing).

It will bring up a funny looking page with yellow background. Click the "subscribe" button. It'll ask you where you want to save the favorite. Choose your toolbar, call it BF or something simple.

Then, as long as you stay logged into BF, it will constantly stay updated with your latest available downloads. It'll know about them before you do!
__________________
"Sorry. Wrong movie, buddy."
OmahaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2013, 10:10 AM   #35
Pindar
Rear Admiral
 
Pindar's Avatar
 
Location: 76 Totters Lane
View Pindar's Twitter Profile
Re: One Dollar Audios

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Pindar, yea, it'll be awhile before I get around to either of them. Currently listening to Harry Potter Series and only a little over halfway through Book 5. I figure by the time I finish HP, I'll have Gallifrey S4, both of these, and probably pick up some Colin/Evelyn audios, and have a Whoniverse feast
Having listened to all of those I would suggest the 2 Voyage downloads before Gallifrey.

Actually no, save them, I found S4 dissapointing and these were excellent.

Ooh, look just spotted this: http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...-5-box-set-784

I didn't think there would be another series of Gallifrey.

Last edited by Pindar; January 10 2013 at 10:28 AM.
Pindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2013, 01:52 PM   #36
Sindatur
Vice Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: One Dollar Audios

Pindar wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Pindar, yea, it'll be awhile before I get around to either of them. Currently listening to Harry Potter Series and only a little over halfway through Book 5. I figure by the time I finish HP, I'll have Gallifrey S4, both of these, and probably pick up some Colin/Evelyn audios, and have a Whoniverse feast
Having listened to all of those I would suggest the 2 Voyage downloads before Gallifrey.

Actually no, save them, I found S4 dissapointing and these were excellent.

Ooh, look just spotted this: http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/...-5-box-set-784

I didn't think there would be another series of Gallifrey.
Yea, typo, I have Gallifrey S4 already, it was different, and not as good, but, I did enjoy it for a change of pace. I actually meant S5, that comes out in Feb, but, yea, I'll listen to the smaller stuff first and then new Gallifrey

Thanks for the RSS info Omaha
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2013, 08:45 PM   #37
Candlelight
Admiral
 
Candlelight's Avatar
 
Location: New Zealand
Re: One Dollar Audios

Be really awesome if they would do $1 downloads for the missing episode releases.
__________________
"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
Candlelight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2013, 09:22 PM   #38
VDCNI
Captain
 
Location: London UK
Re: One Dollar Audios

Audiogo do downloads of the Missing Stories at some not bad prices. They have Volume 5 of the Lost TV Episodes collection for $14.99 which isn't bad for 6 stories.
VDCNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2013, 11:37 PM   #39
Pindar
Rear Admiral
 
Pindar's Avatar
 
Location: 76 Totters Lane
View Pindar's Twitter Profile
Re: One Dollar Audios

The cd prices from the BBC for the lost stories are outrageous.
Pindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11 2013, 04:01 AM   #40
Sindatur
Vice Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: One Dollar Audios

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
I don't know about RSS Feeds <Sindatur scribbles down another tech he needs to Google and learn to understand>
On the bf site, go to your account. Click on the "Subscribe to RSS" link, either towards the top/center, or on the right side of the screen (they do the same thing).

It will bring up a funny looking page with yellow background. Click the "subscribe" button. It'll ask you where you want to save the favorite. Choose your toolbar, call it BF or something simple.

Then, as long as you stay logged into BF, it will constantly stay updated with your latest available downloads. It'll know about them before you do!
OK, cool, thanks, I subscribed as I was Pre-Ordering Gallifrey V, and understand how it works

Oh, and I just listened to the trailer for Gallifrey V, and now I'm really excited. And S6 apparently comes out in October

Sorry, returning you to Dollar Audios
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?

Last edited by Sindatur; January 11 2013 at 04:15 AM.
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2013, 01:58 AM   #41
Candlelight
Admiral
 
Candlelight's Avatar
 
Location: New Zealand
Re: One Dollar Audios

VDCNI wrote: View Post
Audiogo do downloads of the Missing Stories at some not bad prices. They have Volume 5 of the Lost TV Episodes collection for $14.99 which isn't bad for 6 stories.
Wow, 3 pounds for Power of the Daleks! That is so much better than a CD.
__________________
"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
Candlelight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 11 2013, 01:40 AM   #42
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral
 
Brendan Moody's Avatar
 
Location: Maine
Re: One Dollar Audios

Two well-regarded Rob Shearman audios, The Holy Terror and The Chimes of Midnight, are available for £5 (about $8 in the US) on CD or £2.99 ($2.99 in the US) for download for a little while longer. Link.
__________________
Egg, I dreamed I was old.
Brendan Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11 2013, 09:55 AM   #43
Pindar
Rear Admiral
 
Pindar's Avatar
 
Location: 76 Totters Lane
View Pindar's Twitter Profile
Re: One Dollar Audios

The Cimes of Midnight is one of my favourite 8/Charlie adventrues.
Pindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11 2013, 12:55 PM   #44
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS
 
Emh's Avatar
 
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: One Dollar Audios

Brendan Moody wrote: View Post
Two well-regarded Rob Shearman audios, The Holy Terror and The Chimes of Midnight, are available for £5 (about $8 in the US) on CD or £2.99 ($2.99 in the US) for download for a little while longer. Link.
It should be noted that Big Finish has made this offer because Steven Moffat recently mentioned in an interview these two stories were his favorite Sixth and Eight Doctor stories along side the actual series.
__________________
"Eccleston was a tiger and Tennant was, well, Tigger. Smith [is] an uncoordinated housecat who pretends that he meant to do that after falling off a piece of furniture." - Lynne M. Thomas

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18 2013, 12:30 AM   #45
Brendan Moody
Vice Admiral
 
Brendan Moody's Avatar
 
Location: Maine
Re: One Dollar Audios

Another Big Finish offer: for two weeks the Eighth Doctor Adventures, a series of single disc adventures starring McGann with Sheridan Smith as companion Lucie Miller, are available for £5/$8.13 apiece for CD or £5/$5 for download. You can also subscribe to each series for a slightly better deal. Details here.
__________________
Egg, I dreamed I was old.
Brendan Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
big finish, doctor who

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.