Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old January 9 2013, 09:05 PM   #106
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Re: Ron D. Moore about VOY

exodus wrote: View Post
Relayer1 wrote: View Post
I loved what Ron did on BSG, and he was the biggest part of why DS9 was the best of Trek. I'd say his view of Voyagers issues was pretty spot on.

I thought Caprica stank though...
I've always seen this as Moore not having one original creative idea in his head. He took the ideas of two already existing shows and added despair instead of hope. How hard is too look at two shows in retrospect, combine and redo them? More than half the work is already done for him. Hell, we all do it here. I wouldn't be surprised if he was still tuning in to Voyager every week just to take ideas and re-write it for BSG.
If that's what it takes, we're all candidates for Ron Moore's job. Anyone of us then could write for TV.
Aw, you guys are just mad because BSG had the same ending as "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe."
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2013, 09:27 PM   #107
lurok
Commodore

I always thought VOY fans pissed it ended. Full stop.
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2013, 09:48 PM   #108
jpch
Commander

Dale Sams wrote: View Post
I've recently started watching VOY starting at Counterpoint, and going from there. The show is fine, touching even sometimes. Very sci-fiish at that point. What more can you ask for?
yay i am glad you like it,it is very interesting overall.
jpch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2013, 09:51 PM   #109
jpch
Commander

Who the Hell does Ron D. Moore think he is.

do you want a list of episodes you see Voyager trading,or low on power...there are so many episodes to chose from,hes critics are so harsh,he needs to calm down.
No!!! it was not a lie. a lot of hard work was put on the show and it was and will always be a great TREK series.
Lasted 7 long years and had a decent amount of Viewers and a nice fan base,as well as some of the best episodes in history.
Old January 9 2013, 10:23 PM   #110
teacock
Admiral

Eh, you might as well ask "who does Robert Beltran think he is" as he's been harsher.

They worked on the shows, they are bitching from quite a different perspective than whatever we might bitch about.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2013, 10:29 PM   #111
Dale Sams
Fleet Captain

teacake wrote: View Post
Eh, you might as well ask "who does Robert Beltran think he is" as he's been harsher.

They worked on the shows, they are bitching from quite a different perspective than whatever we might bitch about.
I think Beltran, and Ryan, and Blalock are quite right.

Fortunatly, Voyager and Enterprise do have some good things going for them.

Edit: And I had no idea until yesterday that Piller kept the Roddenberry bible after he (Roddenberry) passed.

Last edited by Dale Sams; January 9 2013 at 10:47 PM.
Dale Sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2013, 10:35 PM   #112
jpch
Commander

Well beltran did not like the show,did not like the cast,did not like hes character...he is also very annoying,its a dam job!!!
you do it get paid and forget about it,instead he goes around in hes videos on youtube etc acting like a child.
Old January 9 2013, 10:46 PM   #113
R. Star
Rear Admiral

jpch wrote: View Post

Well beltran did not like the show,did not like the cast,did not like hes character...he is also very annoying,its a dam job!!!
you do it get paid and forget about it,instead he goes around in hes videos on youtube etc acting like a child.
How is that different that how you've been going around posting about how great Voyager is? People aren't going to share the same opinions and have the right to voice them.

You may as well be critical of someone because they don't share the same favorite color as you.
Old January 9 2013, 10:55 PM   #114
jpch
Commander

R. Star wrote: View Post

How is that different that how you've been going around posting about how great Voyager is? People aren't going to share the same opinions and have the right to voice them.

You may as well be critical of someone because they don't share the same favorite color as you.
Well i don't mind people having different opinions,as long they have real arguments.
Mr Moore said Voyager never traded or struggled for supplies and power and that was clearly wrong because there were many episodes.
Old January 10 2013, 12:56 AM   #115
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Well i don't mind people having different opinions,as long they have real arguments.
Mr Moore said Voyager never traded or struggled for supplies and power and that was clearly wrong because there were many episodes.
Oh sure there are a handful of episodes they are doing this, a couple each season I'd say, but this is the exception and not the rule. When you factor in there are a 172 episodes, I'd say that number falls in under ten percent. It's a perfectly valid argument to say for the majority of the episodes, they could've just been "boldly going" like they were in TOS and TNG.
Old January 10 2013, 01:10 AM   #116
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Moore was only around for season 6. And probably only a couple weeks of season 6. They did all their resource episodes already in the first 5 years, and whoever was in charge of the writers room was probably sick of turning down those pitches that Voyager was running out of this and had to put the ship into danger to get it because all the shops were shut, and demanded a fresh take.

He produced Equinox part 2 and survival instinct and then RAN.

I'm assuming that the season 6 stories, barge of the dead and survival instinct which he was responsible for where submitted while he was still producing equinox or survival instinct. (Typing while referencing. Shut up.)

Wow.

Survival Instinct is like almost the worst episode of Voyager ever.

It's horrible.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2013, 01:27 AM   #117
Wereghost
Part-time poltergeist.

Silvercrest wrote: View Post
Aw, you guys are just mad because BSG had the same ending as "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe."
They were nearly the same, but BSG's ending was way more surreal.

But Bath Guy was just about as surreal in each. Maybe he's a bit like the Eternal Champion.
Old January 10 2013, 02:01 AM   #118
jpch
Commander

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Moore was only around for season 6. And probably only a couple weeks of season 6. They did all their resource episodes already in the first 5 years, and whoever was in charge of the writers room was probably sick of turning down those pitches that Voyager was running out of this and had to put the ship into danger to get it because all the shops were shut, and demanded a fresh take.

He produced Equinox part 2 and survival instinct and then RAN.

I'm assuming that the season 6 stories, barge of the dead and survival instinct which he was responsible for where submitted while he was still producing equinox or survival instinct. (Typing while referencing. Shut up.)

Wow.

Survival Instinct is like almost the worst episode of Voyager ever.

It's horrible.
Well Equinox was amazing and Survival instinct was decent.
I am also glad he left.
Old January 10 2013, 02:01 AM   #119
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Wereghost wrote: View Post
Silvercrest wrote: View Post
They were nearly the same, but BSG's ending was way more surreal.

But Bath Guy was just about as surreal in each. Maybe he's a bit like the Eternal Champion.
That's Captain Bathguy to you.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2013, 03:45 AM   #120
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Oh sure there are a handful of episodes they are doing this, a couple each season I'd say, but this is the exception and not the rule. When you factor in there are a 172 episodes, I'd say that number falls in under ten percent. It's a perfectly valid argument to say for the majority of the episodes, they could've just been "boldly going" like they were in TOS and TNG.
Yeah, but at the same time always short on supplies thing would have gotten a little redundant after a while too. That and the crew would have looked like idiots if after 3 years they couldn't figure out how to keep the ship stocked and supplied. What type of survivalist are they if they are still having the same supply issues by s5 as they did in s1? Come on, a ship full of scientists and Engineers can't think of a way to fix those problems? Their jobs are to do nothing but think of ways to solve problems and create things to fix it.

On BSG he purposely made life harder for them by making Galactica a 20 year old out of date ship and the supplies they needed hard to come by because there wasn't anybody else in their universe but them and the Cylons. He purposely wrote that all the most creative minds were dead. Seriously in all the fleet of survivors from Caprica, the only scientist/creative mind to survive is Baltar? In Trek, nearly every planetary system has life in it. How hard can it be to find supplies or repairs when you can find people to barter with almost everywhere you go? So yeah, looking at it from that perspective IMO his critiques of Voyager having continued supply and power problems for the whole trip don't make much sense. Which he clearly had to know seeing how he made the BSG universe a dead one in order to give them the supply and power issues.

Last edited by exodus; January 10 2013 at 04:04 AM.
exodus is offline   Reply With Quote