Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Giacchino Tour Arrives In North America
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

IDW Publishing October Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Cho As Romantic Lead
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old January 8 2013, 05:23 PM   #76
Leroy
Fleet Captain

Re: The bird is out: ENTERPRISE on blu-ray

BeatleJWOL wrote:
You should have probably checked the msrp of the other Trek series before posting this...
I did, I mentioned prices for TOS and TNG and how the higher cost is justified based on the amount of remastering work.

Last edited by Leroy; January 8 2013 at 05:34 PM.
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2013, 11:33 PM   #77
Tosk
Rear Admiral

So by that logic, a brand new film which requires no remastering at all should only cost a dollar or two?
Tosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2013, 01:05 AM   #78
Leroy
Fleet Captain

tosk wrote:
So by that logic, a brand new film which requires no remastering at all should only cost a dollar or two?
Of course not, but they shouldn't charge a huge amount either, how do you think they should set the prices?
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2013, 02:00 AM   #79
trekker670
Captain

Leroy wrote: View Post
tosk wrote:
Of course not, but they shouldn't charge a huge amount either, how do you think they should set the prices?
Simple: supply and demand.
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2013, 03:03 AM   #80
NeedsOfTheMany
Lieutenant Junior Grade

View NeedsOfTheMany's Twitter Profile

Not a great price but not terrible either.. Worth the purchase don't have the DVD set.
NeedsOfTheMany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2013, 01:14 PM   #81
Scotty
Rear Admiral

Those North American SRPs are stupendously high. Absolutely incredible. I suspect the European retail price will be around 40 - 50 pounds/euro's. However since this is Enterprise I might wait for the price to drop. Not a day one purchase for me.
Old January 9 2013, 04:46 PM   #82
ChristopherPike
Rear Admiral

Anybody out there outside of the US actually able to watch the video clip about Enterprise Blu ray special features? I've read a few comments by those who've seen it, saying the likes of Braga, Bakula, Berman, Keating & Trinneer feature... but obviously have yet to see it myself here in the UK.

At both places - Trekmovie.com and Star Trek.com, it isn't available to my location and TNG season sets generally always are.

Perhaps somebody could rip the footage & put it on Youtube temporarily until CBS pull it down? (Assuming they would, since they presumably want people to buy their products and you'd basically be advertising it for them.) It needs to be somewhere that bypasses the usual Hulu (or whoever the video hoster is) territorial restriction.

Last edited by ChristopherPike; January 9 2013 at 05:03 PM.
ChristopherPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2013, 05:08 PM   #83
trekker670
Captain

ChristopherPike wrote: View Post
Anybody out there outside of the US actually able to watch the video clip about Enterprise Blu ray special features? I've read a few comments by those who've seen it, saying the likes of Braga, Bakula, Berman, Keating & Trinneer feature... but obviously have yet to see it myself here in the UK.

At both places - Trekmovie.com and Star Trek.com, it isn't available to my location and TNG season sets generally always are.

Perhaps somebody could rip the footage & put it on Youtube temporarily until CBS pull it down? (Assuming they would, since they presumably want people to buy their products and you'd basically be advertising it for them.) It needs to be somewhere that bypasses the usual Hulu (or whoever the video hoster is) territorial restriction.
What's posted is a clip of the featurette you described, but the clip itself only contains clips by Braga and Bakula, most of which is a rehash of information previously available regarding the inspiration for Archer's character.
trekker670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2013, 06:11 PM   #84
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

The business sense of CBS Home video is ST:ENT has already been for rental & sale on iTunes in low-bit rate HD and streaming in HD. There is a limited realistic window of the life expectancy of the Blu-ray physical format for releasing film and TV shows before downloaded content purchases become mainstream and overtake Blu-ray sales and the quality rises to be close enough.
By starting to release them now they are getting in while the getting's good. DS9 & VOY may get a HD remaster for syndication and download but maybe not before Blu-ray sales as a medium are vastly declined already. I appreciate the additional special features as added content on the disc that Blu-ray offers.
I have always said ENT would be on Blu-ray before the 2nd new film.
jefferiestubes8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2013, 06:19 PM   #85
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

I'll probably pass on Enterprise on Blu-ray unless the price comes down substantially. I already own it on DVD and probably haven't touched them in a couple of years. Already saw it in HD when it was airing on HDNet and it streams in HD on Netflix.

TNG season three releases two weeks afterward and then the Abramsverse Trek game releases two weeks after that which I'm more interested in. I'm only going to give CBS so much money over such a short period of time.
Old January 9 2013, 09:14 PM   #86
tomswift2002
Captain

I was reading what the CBS executive said on startrek.com, and I couldn't help but think, in response to the exec's response to why DS9 and Voyager aren't hitting Blu-Ray next, why not put the rest of the original cast's adventures on Blu-Ray? The Animated Series was Remastered for High Definition back in 2006, and even if it hadn't been, it was still finished on film, so it definitely has a better chance of hitting Blu-Ray before TNG, DS9 and Voyager are even finished.

But, I will say that the cover is interesting, although I don't know just how eye-catching it'll be in stores in terms of it being the brownish-gold it is, since it might get lost in the shadows. Of course, considering that Paramount didn't transfer the text commentaries for the movies, and CBS didn't transfer any of the audio and text commentaries that were made for the Fan Collectives over to the TOS Blu-Ray, I'm surprised that CBS is transferring the text commentaries for Enterprise.
tomswift2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2013, 09:19 PM   #87
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain

View FrontierTrek's Twitter Profile

tomswift2002 wrote: View Post
I was reading what the CBS executive said on startrek.com, and I couldn't help but think, in response to the exec's response to why DS9 and Voyager aren't hitting Blu-Ray next, why not put the rest of the original cast's adventures on Blu-Ray? The Animated Series was Remastered for High Definition back in 2006, and even if it hadn't been, it was still finished on film, so it definitely has a better chance of hitting Blu-Ray before TNG, DS9 and Voyager are even finished.

But, I will say that the cover is interesting, although I don't know just how eye-catching it'll be in stores in terms of it being the brownish-gold it is, since it might get lost in the shadows. Of course, considering that Paramount didn't transfer the text commentaries for the movies, and CBS didn't transfer any of the audio and text commentaries that were made for the Fan Collectives over to the TOS Blu-Ray, I'm surprised that CBS is transferring the text commentaries for Enterprise.
I wouldn't be surprised if TAS is very much on the Blu-Ray horizon some time in the not-too-distant future
Old January 9 2013, 09:42 PM   #88
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.

FrontierTrek wrote: View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if TAS is very much on the Blu-Ray horizon some time in the not-too-distant future
AWESOME!
Old January 9 2013, 10:23 PM   #89
Dale Sams
Captain

DS9 needs it more than anything IMHO.

X-Files would be nice too.
Dale Sams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2013, 10:28 PM   #90
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain

View FrontierTrek's Twitter Profile