RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,218
Posts: 5,437,827
Members: 24,953
Currently online: 478
Newest member: Kavanc

TrekToday headlines

Cumberbatch In Wax
By: T'Bonz on Oct 24

Trek Screenwriter Washington D.C. Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Oct 23

Two Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Oct 22

Pine In New Skit
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

Stewart In Holiday Film
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 6 2013, 12:33 PM   #106
teacock
Admiral
 
teacock's Avatar
 
Location: teacake
Re: Confessions: You do it and you know it is bad

I had to stay in a hotel last night. This morning as I was packing up I saw all the mini shampoos and conditioners which I hadn't used because of course they are shit and I thought of this thread. I stuffed them into my bag.
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 02:11 PM   #107
macghoul
I believe most sincerely
 
macghoul's Avatar
 
Location: macloudt: A Canuck in southwest England
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to macghoul
Re: Confessions: You do it and you know it is bad

I've been known to hide a jar of Nutella from the kids, so please don't ask me how quickly I can get through a box of cookies or a can of Pringles.
__________________
Get on macloudt's bad side, and she'll Knit 1, Purl 2 your ass--Melakon
macghoul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 05:16 PM   #108
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral
 
SmoothieX's Avatar
 
Location: Massachusetts
Re: Confessions: You do it and you know it is bad

I used to stick the family cat in the fridge when I was a kid.
SmoothieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 05:05 PM   #109
thestrangledcorpse
Vice Admiral
 
thestrangledcorpse's Avatar
 
Location: BOO-klyn
Re: Confessions: You do it and you know it is bad

SmoothieX wrote: View Post
I used to stick the family cat in the fridge when I was a kid.
On QI they said that if you put a Siamese cat in the fridge it will turn black, because apparently its fur is hypercolor.
__________________
thestrangequark

The Enterprise is my TARDIS.
thestrangledcorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 05:32 PM   #110
Yuckleberry Finn
Vice Admiral
 
Yuckleberry Finn's Avatar
 
Location: Finn
Re: Confessions: You do it and you know it is bad

I remember as a kid, I saw a diagram showing some "scientist" putting a block of ice on an Arctic hare (during the summer when it's mostly brown). After a period of time, the ice was taken off, showing all white fur where the ice was in contact.
Yuckleberry Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 05:43 PM   #111
thestrangledcorpse
Vice Admiral
 
thestrangledcorpse's Avatar
 
Location: BOO-klyn
Re: Confessions: You do it and you know it is bad

^I read that this happens because these animals have a type of pigment in their fur that is inactive at warm temperatures, which is why siamese cats' extremities are dark and their cores are white. So interesting! Sounds opposite with the hare, though.
__________________
thestrangequark

The Enterprise is my TARDIS.
thestrangledcorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 05:45 PM   #112
freakishdane
Admiral
 
freakishdane's Avatar
 
Location: I'll let you know when I get there.
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to freakishdane
Re: Confessions: You do it and you know it is bad

kolibri wrote: View Post
Whenever I use a public bathroom, I rip like the first foot of toilet paper off and throw it on the ground before ripping off the stuff I'm actually going to wipe my ass with.
I use the anti-splash method, where the first foot or two of paper goes in the bowl before you sit down
__________________
I am trekkiedane and I cannot endorse anything in this post.
freakishdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 05:49 PM   #113
thestrangledcorpse
Vice Admiral
 
thestrangledcorpse's Avatar
 
Location: BOO-klyn
Re: Confessions: You do it and you know it is bad

^I don't even sit. Public bathrooms are nasty, and the stalls are always so small that no matter how hard I try I always end up touching something. If I believed in hell I think it would be being morbidly obese in a honeybucket.
__________________
thestrangequark

The Enterprise is my TARDIS.
thestrangledcorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 10:48 PM   #114
George Steinbrenner
Fleet Admiral
 
George Steinbrenner's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Laser Beam is in the visitor's bullpen
View George Steinbrenner's Twitter Profile
Re: Confessions: You do it and you know it is bad

Finn wrote: View Post
I remember as a kid, I saw a diagram showing some "scientist" putting a block of ice on an Arctic hare (during the summer when it's mostly brown). After a period of time, the ice was taken off, showing all white fur where the ice was in contact.
That sounds like a threadbomb.

"I have no idea what you're talking about...
...so here's an Arctic hare with an ice cube on its head."

__________________
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
George Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 11:10 PM   #115
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral
 
Owain Taggart's Avatar
 
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Re: Confessions: You do it and you know it is bad

teacake wrote: View Post
I had to stay in a hotel last night. This morning as I was packing up I saw all the mini shampoos and conditioners which I hadn't used because of course they are shit and I thought of this thread. I stuffed them into my bag.

That's actually not that bad. They're put them there expecting them to be used, so if you haven't and they haven't been used, I don't see a problem with taking them. Which was done at my last hotel stay as well...
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 11:17 PM   #116
freakishdane
Admiral
 
freakishdane's Avatar
 
Location: I'll let you know when I get there.
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to freakishdane
Re: Confessions: You do it and you know it is bad

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
That sounds like a threadbomb.

"I have no idea what you're talking about...
...so here's an Arctic hare with an ice cube on its head."

Very difficult to make though...

__________________
I am trekkiedane and I cannot endorse anything in this post.
freakishdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 11:35 PM   #117
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul
 
Location: Fairfax, VA
Re: Confessions: You do it and you know it is bad

Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
I had to stay in a hotel last night. This morning as I was packing up I saw all the mini shampoos and conditioners which I hadn't used because of course they are shit and I thought of this thread. I stuffed them into my bag.

That's actually not that bad. They're put them there expecting them to be used, so if you haven't and they haven't been used, I don't see a problem with taking them. Which was done at my last hotel stay as well...
Meh, I have a bag of such things from all over the world. They expect those to be taken.

Want more? Every day, move the bottles from the sink to somewhere else in the room, maybe inside the shower. Many hotels will replace them on the sink every day even if the others aren't empty, if they don't look untouched.
__________________
Lead Organizer for EVN: Firefly.
"So apparently the really smart zombies have automatic weapons!"
-Torg, Sluggy Freelance
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 11:56 PM   #118
wissaboo
Captain
 
wissaboo's Avatar
 
Location: canada
View wissaboo's Twitter Profile
Re: Confessions: You do it and you know it is bad

I steal all the wrapped soaps and bottles from the hotel to put in the motorhome.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2013, 02:16 PM   #119
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral
 
SmoothieX's Avatar
 
Location: Massachusetts
Re: Confessions: You do it and you know it is bad

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
^I don't even sit. Public bathrooms are nasty, and the stalls are always so small that no matter how hard I try I always end up touching something. If I believed in hell I think it would be being morbidly obese in a honeybucket.
That's why I use the sink.
SmoothieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2013, 02:31 PM   #120
freakishdane
Admiral
 
freakishdane's Avatar
 
Location: I'll let you know when I get there.
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to freakishdane
Re: Confessions: You do it and you know it is bad

SmoothieX wrote: View Post
thestrangequark wrote: View Post
^I don't even sit. Public bathrooms are nasty, and the stalls are always so small that no matter how hard I try I always end up touching something. If I believed in hell I think it would be being morbidly obese in a honeybucket.
That's why I use the sink.
^Oooh what fancy public bathrooms you have in your part of the world... sinks still hanging on the walls, I mean.



__________________
I am trekkiedane and I cannot endorse anything in this post.
freakishdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.