TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 7 2013, 06:21 PM   #1
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Revolution - season 1 part 2 -

I didn't see the old thread for Revolution, but NBC has released a sneak peak for the March return of the series:

Revolution sneak peak - Huffington
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 08:17 PM   #2
Tom
Rear Admiral

Re: Revolution - season 1 part 2 -

Yaeh might as well start a seperate thread. When the show comes back after it's long hiatus, this half of the season will feel like the second season. lol

Owner - TrekUnited.com - Forum now re-open! click here
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 08:33 PM   #3
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Tom wrote: View Post
Yaeh might as well start a seperate thread. When the show comes back after it's long hiatus, this half of the season will feel like the second season. lol
Yea. J.J. is going to have a big spring between Trek XI and Revolution. He discusses changes to the series here Abrams discusses revolution

And discusses here his general secrecy about projects
Old January 7 2013, 10:53 PM   #4
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Episode order cut from 22 to 20.

Digital Spy
Old January 8 2013, 12:05 AM   #5
Borgminister

Lots of glorious style and fascinating potential, but ... helicopters???

Good-looking cast and Gus notwithstanding, I'll likely pass unless the buzz is irresistible...
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2013, 12:16 AM   #6
Sheep
Vice Admiral

We can only hope that the second half of the season improves upon the unwatchable crap that was the first half. I have a high tolerance for cheese but that was some of the most awful TV I've ever seen.
Old January 8 2013, 03:15 AM   #7
JD
Admiral

I loved the first half of the season and can't wait to see where things go from here. I was pretty surprised that they ended the first half where they did, and I'm very curious to see where we will be by the end of the season.
Old January 8 2013, 03:35 AM   #8
theenglish
Rear Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
I loved the first half of the season and can't wait to see where things go from here. I was pretty surprised that they ended the first half where they did, and I'm very curious to see where we will be by the end of the season.
My guess is...cancelled.
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2013, 06:14 AM   #9
sojourner
Admiral

They can save this show if they just kill off the teenagers.
Old January 8 2013, 09:05 AM   #10
Dream
Admiral

I wonder how many fans will remember when this show comes back?
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2013, 03:07 PM   #11
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Borgminister wrote: View Post
Lots of glorious style and fascinating potential, but ... helicopters???

Good-looking cast and Gus notwithstanding, I'll likely pass unless the buzz is irresistible...
Colm Feore has the ability IMO to help save the show from an acting point of view.
Old January 8 2013, 06:19 PM   #12
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

I'm looking forward to the show's return but I hope they even out Charlie's temperament a little. She swang too wildly from loving and trusting her Uncle to hating him and not trusting him. They can get rid of Danny as far as I'm concerned. He hasn't added much to the show except to be a focal point for Charlie's initial mission to get him back.

I'll be interested to see what Colm Feore's character's role is in all of this is.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2013, 09:29 PM   #13
JD
Admiral

Yeah, I think his character is one of the more intriguing mysteries they've set up.
Old January 8 2013, 09:33 PM   #14
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
I'm looking forward to the show's return but I hope they even out Charlie's temperament a little. She swang too wildly from loving and trusting her Uncle to hating him and not trusting him.
In this context, she's playing a teenage girl quite remarkably well. In a world without jewel-encrusted cell phones and bedazzled denim jackets, what other outlets for a girl swimming in emotional tumult and mercurial judgment are there?

Seriously, though, I'm fed up with Aaron the Google-boy. He's been quite the fuck up from the beginning and I honestly can't imagine that guy surviving in such a hostile environment for very long. If the big black-out happened yesterday, I could understand how the character is being portrayed, but that's just it...the lights have been out for many years and he still kind of acts like an extra from Big Bang Theory.

Other than that, I'm really liking this show.
Old January 9 2013, 02:56 AM   #15
theenglish
Rear Admiral

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
TheSeeker wrote: View Post
I'm looking forward to the show's return but I hope they even out Charlie's temperament a little. She swang too wildly from loving and trusting her Uncle to hating him and not trusting him.
In this context, she's playing a teenage girl quite remarkably well. In a world without jewel-encrusted cell phones and bedazzled denim jackets, what other outlets for a girl swimming in emotional tumult and mercurial judgment are there?

Seriously, though, I'm fed up with Aaron the Google-boy. He's been quite the fuck up from the beginning and I honestly can't imagine that guy surviving in such a hostile environment for very long. If the big black-out happened yesterday, I could understand how the character is being portrayed, but that's just it...the lights have been out for many years and he still kind of acts like an extra from Big Bang Theory.

Other than that, I'm really liking this show.
I don't have too much of a problem with his being unable to defend himself. He seems to have spent a number of years living in the peaceful farming community. The problem I do have is that, even as a non-farming member of that community, he should be in much better shape physically.
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote