RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,852
Posts: 5,328,301
Members: 24,552
Currently online: 613
Newest member: SpammetySpam

TrekToday headlines

Cubify Star Trek 3DMe Mini Figurines
By: T'Bonz on Jul 11

Latest Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Jul 10

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 6 2013, 11:31 PM   #16
CorporalClegg
Vice Admiral
 
CorporalClegg's Avatar
 
Re: What are your plans for this year?

T'Girl wrote: View Post
This summer I want to learn to operate a small sail boat, it looks like fun.

It is a lot of fun. Granted, my only experience has been on lakes. I hear seafaring is a whole different animal, even in someplace like Puget Sound.

But I'd love to sail with ya.
CorporalClegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 11:35 PM   #17
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: What are your plans for this year?

macloudt wrote: View Post
I've been thinking of selling some of my crafts online, and this year I want to go for it.
Sounds like a crafty plan you've got there.

I also have a new plan: Not to be beaten senseless by mac because of my relentless puns.
__________________
In labor news: Longshoremen walked off the piers today. Rescue operations are continuing.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 11:44 PM   #18
Tora Ziyal
Rear Admiral
 
Tora Ziyal's Avatar
 
Re: What are your plans for this year?

^ Punny you should mention that. I don't want to be beaten senseless, either.

My only serious plan for 2013 is to get through my upcoming surgery or, probably, two -- still trying to resolve the unhealed mess from the 2011 neurosurgery -- so I can resume some semblance of "normal" life.
Tora Ziyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 11:51 PM   #19
Gaseous Anomaly
Wacked out trippin dude™
 
Gaseous Anomaly's Avatar
 
Location: One screw loose and oof my nut...
Re: What are your plans for this year?

My plans are as follows:
1) Work a little bit less than last year. (2 day weekends would be nice)
2) Take a real vacation. (I've never done that before)
3) Get Dad moved to Texas where I can visit him more often.
__________________
"If I had a nickel for every stupid word that's come out of your mouth, I'd put them in a sock and beat you with it." -Dad
--------------------------
KCCO

Gaseous Anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 01:15 AM   #20
Emher
Admiral
 
Emher's Avatar
 
Location: Emher
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher
Re: What are your plans for this year?

First off, virtual five on meeting the President. Awesome.

As for me...aside from health stuff, which is boring but necessary, the biggest thing I know will happen this year is I'll meet my sister's husband for the first time when he gets here from Japan in April. They got married Christmas day in japan, and while I've spoken to the guy on Skype, haven't actually met him. Should be interesting since while he technically is older then me, I am his senior according to Japanese custom. > : D

Otherwise, me and a friend are going to try and go to New York for abut a week in either September or October. We've talked about going for a long time. Like, before 9/11 long, but now we've decided to actually do it if we just have the cash (read: I have the cash). Know there are a bunch of you NY, would love to meet up when we get there.

Other then that...some cool movies coming out. About it really.
__________________
"I am who I am. Someone has to be."-Brendan Gleeson as Reynald in Kingdom of Heaven. - Emher
Emher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 03:19 AM   #21
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral
 
The Mirrorball Man's Avatar
 
Location: Switzerland
View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile
Re: What are your plans for this year?

Kestra wrote: View Post
Good luck! With both.
MacLeod wrote: View Post
But good luck with that goal.
Thank you, and good luck to you too!
__________________
Check out my deviantArt gallery!
The Mirrorball Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 03:31 AM   #22
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: What are your plans for this year?

My only real plan for this year is to allow myself to go on a real vacation...which I'm doing in March, so yay!
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 03:36 AM   #23
CorporalClegg
Vice Admiral
 
CorporalClegg's Avatar
 
Re: What are your plans for this year?

Where ya going?
CorporalClegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 03:41 AM   #24
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: What are your plans for this year?

Colorado.
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 03:43 AM   #25
Shanndee
Commodore
 
Shanndee's Avatar
 
Location: Canada
Re: What are your plans for this year?

I don't have any huge plans for the year...just general ones that I fully intend to make happen. I just want to do things that make me healthy and happy. I have neglected this in the past (too worried about what other people thought I should be doing or where I should be at this point in my life).

I just intend to eat better, exercise more, and do fun things with my husband. I have been letting go of the "people pleaser" aspect of my personality over the years...this year I plan to vanquish more of it!

Have a healthy and happy New Year everyone!
__________________
"Nolite te bastardes carborundorum" Margaret Atwood

"Everything will be alright in the end; if it is not alright, it is not the end" Numerous sources
Shanndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 03:51 AM   #26
Kestra
Vice Admiral
 
Kestra's Avatar
 
Re: What are your plans for this year?

The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
Kestra wrote: View Post
Good luck! With both.
MacLeod wrote: View Post
But good luck with that goal.
Thank you, and good luck to you too!
Thanks.

Shanndee wrote: View Post
I don't have any huge plans for the year...just general ones that I fully intend to make happen. I just want to do things that make me healthy and happy. I have neglected this in the past (too worried about what other people thought I should be doing or where I should be at this point in my life).

I just intend to eat better, exercise more, and do fun things with my husband. I have been letting go of the "people pleaser" aspect of my personality over the years...this year I plan to vanquish more of it!

Have a healthy and happy New Year everyone!
Happy and healthy sounds fantastic!
__________________
"You're not my type." --Manticore
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 04:46 AM   #27
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: What are your plans for this year?

Tora Ziyal wrote: View Post
^ Punny you should mention that. I don't want to be beaten senseless, either.
Ah, hell, mac would never do that to us. Would she?
__________________
In labor news: Longshoremen walked off the piers today. Rescue operations are continuing.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 05:04 AM   #28
Danoz
Rear Admiral
 
Danoz's Avatar
 
Location: New York, NY
Re: What are your plans for this year?

Kestra wrote: View Post
Finish my BA. That's it right now. All other long term plans have been thrown out the window. I'll likely move back to IL and eventually apply for a masters while working, but that's all a bit nebulous. I just want to get through the year and be a more whole person at the end of it.
What are you studying? I wish I had experienced more of Chicago while I was there.

lurok wrote: View Post
* finish Atlas Shrugged (already failed that one)
* Write something (better than Atlas Shrugged hopefully)
* be a nicer person
Haha, I read that in High School. Reading Randian ideas wrapped up in subpar science fiction is about equal with "root canal" and "emergency appendectomy" on my wishlist. If you're up to writing, I've found NanoWriMo and the summer equivalent to be instrumental motivators in moving along my fiction-writing hobby. Great community!

The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
This year I'll try, probably for the last time, to find love and build a lasting relationship.

And I have to finish this novel I'm writing, but that's going to be comparatively simpler.
I hear ya. Just got out of a 2 year relationship, had a 4 year relationship in high school, a broken engagement out of college... I'm so burned out... but seems to come with my inability to stay in one place for very long. Good luck, man!

Emher wrote: View Post
First off, virtual five on meeting the President. Awesome.
I'll have to send you a picture . Great experience. He came by headquarters the day after the election to meet campaign staff.

As for me...aside from health stuff, which is boring but necessary, the biggest thing I know will happen this year is I'll meet my sister's husband for the first time when he gets here from Japan in April. They got married Christmas day in japan, and while I've spoken to the guy on Skype, haven't actually met him. Should be interesting since while he technically is older then me, I am his senior according to Japanese custom. > : D
You are the sempai! Good position to be in . How is Japan treating you? I left in August for good.

Otherwise, me and a friend are going to try and go to New York for abut a week in either September or October. We've talked about going for a long time. Like, before 9/11 long, but now we've decided to actually do it if we just have the cash (read: I have the cash). Know there are a bunch of you NY, would love to meet up when we get there.
I'll be in New York or D.C. -- keep me in the loop, easy commute!
__________________
Join us at the Unofficial TrekBBS Facebook Chat!
Danoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 06:03 AM   #29
Kestra
Vice Admiral
 
Kestra's Avatar
 
Re: What are your plans for this year?

Danoz wrote: View Post
Kestra wrote: View Post
Finish my BA. That's it right now. All other long term plans have been thrown out the window. I'll likely move back to IL and eventually apply for a masters while working, but that's all a bit nebulous. I just want to get through the year and be a more whole person at the end of it.
What are you studying? I wish I had experienced more of Chicago while I was there.
Psychology. I'd like to do some sort of counseling eventually. I miss Chicago but I like the independence of being out here.
__________________
"You're not my type." --Manticore
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 02:08 PM   #30
Emher
Admiral
 
Emher's Avatar
 
Location: Emher
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher
Re: What are your plans for this year?

Danoz wrote: View Post
I'll have to send you a picture . Great experience. He came by headquarters the day after the election to meet campaign staff.

As for me...aside from health stuff, which is boring but necessary, the biggest thing I know will happen this year is I'll meet my sister's husband for the first time when he gets here from Japan in April. They got married Christmas day in japan, and while I've spoken to the guy on Skype, haven't actually met him. Should be interesting since while he technically is older then me, I am his senior according to Japanese custom. > : D
You are the sempai! Good position to be in . How is Japan treating you? I left in August for good.

Otherwise, me and a friend are going to try and go to New York for abut a week in either September or October. We've talked about going for a long time. Like, before 9/11 long, but now we've decided to actually do it if we just have the cash (read: I have the cash). Know there are a bunch of you NY, would love to meet up when we get there.
I'll be in New York or D.C. -- keep me in the loop, easy commute!
Awesome!

I've actually not been yet, my sister went there to Sendai in 2008 and she's decided to make it her home. Especially after meeting her now husband. My parents and younger sister went last year to see visit her. The plan was to go there this coming fall the the actual ceremony, but his mother has suddenly remembered that she's Buddhist and opposed the Shinto temple. So maybe they'll have one here in Sweden this summer.

Cool! I'll probably make a meet-up thread in the proper section when I know the exact dates.
__________________
"I am who I am. Someone has to be."-Brendan Gleeson as Reynald in Kingdom of Heaven. - Emher
Emher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.