Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 6 2013, 05:51 AM   #31
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Re: Young Justice, Green Lantern return January 5th

I know I said this back in October, but this was a kickass episode. So glad to have Young Justice (and Green Lantern, though I don't watch myself) on the air!
Old January 6 2013, 07:06 AM   #32
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Argh........! DirecTV did not have these episodes listed as new so they weren't recorded on my DVR this morning. Good thing Cartoon Network repeats them Sunday morning.
Old January 6 2013, 07:50 PM   #33
davejames
Vice Admiral

Yeah I had to manually set mine to record too.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 07:55 PM   #34
Christopher
Writer

Hm, interesting. My DVR did record them automatically. (Plus I actually watched them live. Radical, I know, but...)

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 09:28 PM   #35
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral

View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile

So on Green Lantern....

And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 10:00 PM   #36
sojourner
Vice Admiral

^I hope not. I get the impression that nothing much is left of that universe.
Old January 7 2013, 12:07 AM   #37
JD
Admiral

Yeah, I was thinking of Alan Scott too, but the implication from Hal dialogue was that the GL was from our universe, but traveled to the steam world and then came back.
As for the episodes, I thought they were both great. Lots of very interesting developments in YL.
A fun and interesting fact for Underworld fans, Black Beetle was voiced by Kevin Grevioux, who co-created the UW franchise and played the Lycan Raze in the 1st and 3rd movies.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 12:51 AM   #38
shivkala
Rear Admiral

I did love both episodes. I liked the subtle reference to Alan Scott in "Steam Lantern" and I'm glad they at least used a different Earth in their arc with the Anti-Monitor. I doubt we'll see a full-fledged "Crisis" storyline, which is fine, but it was a nice nod, nonetheless.

YJ was good, it just suffered, moreso than GL from the break between episodes.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 02:08 AM   #39
sojourner
Vice Admiral

I wish they were using the Dominion from the original Invasion storyline instead of The Reach.
Old January 7 2013, 03:47 AM   #40
Christopher
Writer

shivkala wrote: View Post
I did love both episodes. I liked the subtle reference to Alan Scott in "Steam Lantern" and I'm glad they at least used a different Earth in their arc with the Anti-Monitor. I doubt we'll see a full-fledged "Crisis" storyline, which is fine, but it was a nice nod, nonetheless.
I don't think they ever said it was a version of Earth. I was figuring it was more like one of those cartoon/comics/'60s-SFTV alien worlds that just coincidentally happen to duplicate a historical Earth culture or a variation thereon.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 04:20 AM   #41
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
Yeah, I was thinking of Alan Scott too, but the implication from Hal dialogue was that the GL was from our universe, but traveled to the steam world and then came back.
As for the episodes, I thought they were both great. Lots of very interesting developments in YL.
A fun and interesting fact for Underworld fans, Black Beetle was voiced by Kevin Grevioux, who co-created the UW franchise and played the Lycan Raze in the 1st and 3rd movies.
Giancarlo Volpe said on twitter...

See, Hal thinks that Alan Scott was a normal Green Lantern that started in Oa and went to the Anti-Matter universe. GLTAS
But Alan Scott is FROM the Anti-Matter universe. Hal is actually operating off of false hope. Saint Walker would have been proud. GLTAS
Old January 7 2013, 08:01 AM   #42
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Amethyst and Black Lightning were fun on DC Nation.

I don't usually watch GL but gave Steam Lantern a spin. Not bad, a bit standard with the whole bad guy didn't realize he'd gone too far but a little twist with Steam Lantern's lie. The whole steampunk thing was fun though.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2013, 03:38 AM   #43
JD
Admiral

Corran Horn wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
Giancarlo Volpe said on twitter...

See, Hal thinks that Alan Scott was a normal Green Lantern that started in Oa and went to the Anti-Matter universe. GLTAS
But Alan Scott is FROM the Anti-Matter universe. Hal is actually operating off of false hope. Saint Walker would have been proud. GLTAS
Oh, ok.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2013, 04:36 AM   #44
Mr Light
Admiral

So did anyone think for a single second that Aqualad was actually evil?

Mr Light is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2013, 05:32 AM   #45
davejames
Vice Admiral

Absolutely loved the GL ep. Opening up the rupture to envelope the planet and bring it into our universe was such an inspired solution, and pretty cool to watch too.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote