Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 6 2013, 05:16 AM   #361
Christopher
Writer

Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

If he had amnesia, how'd the guy who found him know his name was Gregor?

Still tired of Gascon and WAC-47. Unfortunately, according to Wookieepedia, there's still one more episode in this arc, "Point of No Return." We'll have to put up with them for another week. After that will be the final 3 episodes of the Darth Maul/Savage Oppress arc that began with the season premiere "Revival" -- which was originally meant to air later, presumably along with the rest of the arc, but was moved up. (The 4-part arc has been adapted into a young adult novel that was just released, before most of the episodes aired.) That would mean that every storyline this season to date has been a 4-part arc: the Onderon arc, the Jedi younglings arc, this dismal D-Squad arc, and the divided Maul/Oppress arc. Although if this season is 22 episodes like the previous ones (and Wikipedia claims it is, though Wookieepedia doesn't say), there'd have to be a couple of episodes that weren't part of a 4-parter.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 07:10 AM   #362
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Another Droid episode? Crap.....................................enuf Droids already.
Old January 6 2013, 08:05 AM   #363
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but "Missing in Action" was the 100th episode of the series.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 02:04 PM   #364
Mr Light
Admiral

I actually preferred the desert episode to this episode, at least that one was funny. Those two really should have been combined into a single episode.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 07:08 PM   #365
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I do think this arc could've stood to be smaller. Picking up again after the long gap just makes it feel even longer.
Mr. Adventure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2013, 07:15 PM   #366
lennier1
Commodore

I'd much rather see a three-parter about how Gregor will fight his way back to his brothers.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 12:20 AM   #367
JD
Admiral

Crap, I thought this was finally the end of droid arc.
As for the episode itself, this was the best of the arc so far thanks to Gregor, but it still wasn't more than OK to me.
Honestly, as a 100th episode, it kind of pissed me off. It would have been nice to have gotten a 100th episode that focused on the big three (Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka), or at least one of them, instead of a bunch of new characters, most of whom no one even likes.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 03:26 AM   #368
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
There was nothing to say his name was Gregor before he was found, was there? It wasn't stated as part of his official record that Artoo had, anyway. Maybe it was in the text if you translated it. I figure that Sullustan just called him that and he took that as his name.
Old January 7 2013, 03:50 AM   #369
Christopher
Writer

Corran Horn wrote: View Post
There was nothing to say his name was Gregor before he was found, was there? It wasn't stated as part of his official record that Artoo had, anyway. Maybe it was in the text if you translated it. I figure that Sullustan just called him that and he took that as his name.
But Gascon called him Captain Gregor even after reading his official record and discovering who he really was. Presumably his real name would've been in the file along with his rank and service record.

Old January 7 2013, 04:10 AM   #370
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Corran Horn wrote: View Post
But Gascon called him Captain Gregor even after reading his official record and discovering who he really was. Presumably his real name would've been in the file along with his rank and service record.
I figured he was just calling him by the name he had gone by since he'd been 'found'.
Old January 7 2013, 05:08 AM   #371
Saul
Rear Admiral

Another droid episode left? Fudge.

Watching this is becoming a chore.
Old January 7 2013, 04:23 PM   #372
Stephen!
Captain

JD wrote: View Post
Honestly, as a 100th episode, it kind of pissed me off.
But since "Revival" was originally intended to air later, this would technically be the 99th episode.
Stephen! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2013, 05:06 PM   #373
Christopher
Writer

^Which just means the 100th episode would've been part 4 of the D-Squad arc instead of part 3. No great difference, unless next week's episode is somehow really amazing.

Old January 8 2013, 12:59 AM   #374
Locutus of Bored
Furfallin'

It's probably printed on Gregor's armor and equipment (which the diner owner was keeping stashed away) so it wouldn't get mixed up with other Clonetrooper's gear back when he was still in the Army.

This episode was an improvement over the previous dismal droid/Gascon episodes, if only because Gregor is a compelling character, but the whole "You took me away from the slave army I was serving in and turned me into a slave dishwasher!" thing was bothersome. Not from Gregor's perspective, since obviously the Clone's loyalty to the Republic and later Empire has been programmed into them so they wouldn't question their role (with a few exceptions), but from the series' and franchise's perspective, where the nature of the clones as slaves and the Jedi's/Republic's hypocrisy on that point has continually been glossed over. If they're just making that statement from Gregor's perspective then it's not as big an issue, but if the showrunner's really think there is a distinction between the two, that would bug me.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Last edited by Locutus of Bored; January 8 2013 at 02:17 AM.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2013, 01:06 AM   #375
Christopher
Writer

^Oh, yeah. That makes sense. I forgot about that.