Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 13 2012, 09:49 PM   #121
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

Re: American Horror Story: Asylum (Spoilers)

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Crucifixion itself doesn't kill you.
But drowning does. I understand the use of the crucifixion symbolism in this context; I'm just surprised that McShane's character didn't finish the job considering he's a proven murderer.
Old December 13 2012, 10:07 PM   #122
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

The aliens or whatever they are are freaky. Grace is alive after being dead and now she's pregnant. Kit's baby I'm guessing. Is Bloody Face 2 even more fucked up than Daddy Bloody Face? Junior seems less sane than Senior.
Old December 13 2012, 10:44 PM   #123
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

137th Gebirg wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Crucifixion itself doesn't kill you.
But drowning does. I understand the use of the crucifixion symbolism in this context; I'm just surprised that McShane's character didn't finish the job considering he's a proven murderer.
Oh, I believe the people he murdered, were murdered because they were too happy about Christmas during Christmas time.

It's a really delicate time sensitive niche fetish.

Meanwhile this presumptuous asshole was acting like he's Christ, "Save my soul? Purge my sins? Son, you're either dellusional or a liar becuase my sins are so massive that... Well I suppose I could help you be a little more like chrst becuase you're my buddy, and then you wouldn't seem like such a ridiculous pretender."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 3 2013, 07:22 PM   #124
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

That was...wow. The Monsignor is raped by the Devil. That's two rapes this season and one for each gender. Lana's rape was more horrific. The Monsignor killed Grace so I had little sympathy for him. Lana wasn't doing anything bad really.

Good-bye Sister Mary Eunice and the Devil...Sister Mary Possessed was quite entertaining. And in a bit of poetic justice the Nazi Doctor is burned alive in an oven. burned alive to buring in Hell...have fun Doc!

The dance number was hilarious. Jessica Lange was really having fun doing that. For a second there I thought that I was watching Glee...

Last night's episode was the one that contains cue to what season three will be about. I'm thinking Salem Witch Trials. There was the song "I Put a Spell on You" and that one guy thought that the jukebox was a cigarette machine...Winston Salems perhaps? Plus Ryan Murphy says he wants to film the show next season where some real life horror happpened...in Salem, Mass.?

P.S. Pepper's put down of Dr. Arden was teh awesome!
Old January 3 2013, 08:03 PM   #125
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
That was...wow. The Monsignor is raped by the Devil. That's two rapes this season and one for each gender. Lana's rape was more horrific. The Monsignor killed Grace so I had little sympathy for him. Lana wasn't doing anything bad really.
I think you mean he killed Shelley. Different doomed female inmate!
Old January 3 2013, 08:26 PM   #126
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral

I didn't realize a new episode was going to air last night (I was expecting mid-January). I just happened to be flipping through the channels, and there it was. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed it! The Name Game number by Sister Jude and the Lunatics was a riot, and for that alone, the episode was worth watching twice. (FX airs the same episode at 10 and 11 p.m.)

I don't really feel any sympathy for the Monsignor. He's not a bad person, just totally blind and misguided. He never paid attention to what Sister Jude had to say and was responsible for initially dismissing her from Briarcliff.

Mary Eunice's death was anticlimactic. I was half-expecting Sister Jude to be the one to stop her. Also, Dr. Arden's death/suicide (self-incineration with Mary Eunice's body) was not as dramatic as I expected. He abused and experimented on a lot of people (not to mention he killed countless others as a Nazi), and that bastard should've suffered more.

I wonder what's going to happen to Kit and Grace's baby. Are they ever going to shed more light on the aliens and Kit's abducted wife? Are Thredson's killing days as Bloody Face over now that Lana has the upper hand?
Old January 3 2013, 09:09 PM   #127
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
There's so many it's hard to keep track and get them all straight...
Old January 3 2013, 09:38 PM   #128
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
There's so many it's hard to keep track and get them all straight...
I admit I had to look up Shelley's name. I just knew that Grace was somebody else.
Old January 10 2013, 08:25 AM   #129
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I almost thought that Thredson was going to catch Lana on her way out the door. As she descended the stairs my guts twisted. Glad she got away...so ok, who didn't cheer when Lana blew a giant hole in Bloody Face's head? Hasta la vista, scumbag!

The scenes with Dylan McDermott and the hooker as he suckled on her nipples grossed me out and scared me at the same time. So freakin' creepy....so fraking sick.
Old January 10 2013, 04:37 PM   #130
Tom
Rear Admiral

Alot of wrap up in this episode, but still two episodes left! Does anyone know if FX has greenlit a season 3?

Owner - TrekUnited.com - Forum now re-open! click here
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2013, 06:26 PM   #131
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

AHS was given a third season a few months back.
Old January 10 2013, 06:43 PM   #132
Jolly Old Krampus
Vice Admiral

Thanks to Mother Claudia for letting Lana escape. I liked the part when she was in the cab and stuck up her middle finger at Thredson while holding the tape. Thredson knew at that moment he was finished. To me, it seemed like an easy way out for Lana, but it worked for the overall story. Why she had to go back to Thredson's house, I thought it was unnecessary. As a serial killer, he would've easily gotten the death penalty, and Lana could've seen his execution.

This episode was full of surprises as well. It shed some light on Gracie's pregnancy, but what a shock when Kit and Gracie settled into Kit's old house to find Alma alive--with her and Kit's baby!

I'm really starting to hate Monsignor Howard's character. It would be interesting to see Sister Jude do something to bring him down.
Old January 15 2013, 12:21 AM   #133
Let the Good Times Roll!!

I almost thought that Thredson was going to catch Lana on her way out the door. As she descended the stairs my guts twisted.
I was literally yelling at the TV "GET IN THE FUCKING CAB!!!"

The scenes with Dylan McDermott and the hooker as he suckled on her nipples grossed me out and scared me at the same time. So freakin' creepy....so fraking sick.
That was messed up.

I hope Sister Jude brings a world of hurt on to that place, especially the Monsignor. He's had several chances to do the right thing, and blows it every time. BTW: I think he's terribly miscast. My only beef with this season.

So now Kit has two wives and two babies. What are the aliens' plans for him/them?
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15 2013, 01:41 AM   #134
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

1001001 wrote: View Post
So now Kit has two wives and two babies. What are the aliens' plans for him/them?
Lots of threeway sex?
Old January 15 2013, 03:47 AM   #135
JoeD80
Captain

1001001 wrote: View Post
the Monsignor. He's had several chances to do the right thing, and blows it every time. BTW: I think he's terribly miscast. My only beef with this season.
Why's that? I think he fits the character perfectly.
JoeD80 is offline   Reply With Quote