RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,675
Members: 24,201
Currently online: 588
Newest member: KieBH84

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old January 2 2013, 10:09 PM   #1
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar
Snowmen Ratings

Linky

The ratings info has come in, and the Doctor Who episode delivered a ratings record for BBC America. It had 1.43 million viewers, up 54 percent from the 2011 special, and it was the largest BBC America audience since the DW season 7 opener.

Do we know yet what the ratings were for the UK, Australia, and other parts of the world?
Old January 2 2013, 10:18 PM   #2
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Re: Snowmen Ratings

Wow, that's great!
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2 2013, 10:28 PM   #3
Saul
Rear Admiral

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
Linky

The ratings info has come in, and the Doctor Who episode delivered a ratings record for BBC America. It had 1.43 million viewers, up 54 percent from the 2011 special, and it was the largest BBC America audience since the DW season 7 opener.

Do we know yet what the ratings were for the UK, Australia, and other parts of the world?
Bleeding Cool reports that 9.87 million watched it and of that number 4.12 million record it. Not surprised, it was on at 5pm this year. Most people have barely finished Christmas dinner or still eating or haven't had time to relax. I was looking forward to watching it at 7ish as usual but at 5ish I had to record it.
Old January 2 2013, 10:29 PM   #4
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

I have yet to see it but it looked fun! DW Christmas specials aren't always that great in my view. 2011's was horrible.
Old January 2 2013, 11:22 PM   #5
MacLeod
Admiral

The overnight figure for the Uk was 7.59m

http://www.thegallifreytimes.co.uk/2...t-viewing.html

the final figures won't be in for a few days.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3 2013, 08:20 AM   #6
VDCNI
Captain

The final figues are in - 9.87m. As mentioned 4.12m didn't watch it live as the 7.59m includes people that recorded it and watched it before 2am that night.
VDCNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3 2013, 03:43 PM   #7
MacLeod
Admiral

It still performed well for it's time slot based on previous Christmas days, circa 1m or more viewers than that time slot got in the last couple of Christmas.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/01/02/doct...ewing-figures/
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4 2013, 11:00 PM   #8
beneldon
Lieutenant Commander

As a classic Who fan since I was a teenager who languished for years until the NuWho came along, I want you all to know that in my little Ohio town of 35,000, I know several young folks of high school and early college age who never have been asked to log their television habits for any ratings organization but are totally into the show going so far as to brag about their acquisition of Doctor Who merchandise and sharing fan art all over Facebook.

It is a wonderful experience!
beneldon is offline   Reply With Quote