RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,070
Posts: 5,432,197
Members: 24,926
Currently online: 514
Newest member: wod_freak

TrekToday headlines

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 1 2013, 10:05 PM   #106
DalekJim
Fleet Captain
 
DalekJim's Avatar
 
Location: Great Britain
Re: Eccleston comments on 50th anniversary special return

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
DalekJim wrote: View Post
So, now that the "senior people" he had an issue with are gone it's more likely he'd come back.
Except that Eccleston said in his Graham Norton interview last year that, yes, even though there's been a change in guard and he has the highest regard for Moffat's scripts he won't return.
Wait, did you read my post? I said I didn't think he'd return in the very next sentence .
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1 2013, 11:05 PM   #107
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Eccleston comments on 50th anniversary special return

VDCNI wrote: View Post
Mr Awe wrote: View Post
VDCNI wrote: View Post
It could just as easily mean media people he's dealt with in the past, as he says - he's always acted for adults in the past and had to put up with bullshit and cocktail parties.

There's no specific reference in it to anyone. None of us actually know what happened but most of us also aren't desperate to jump to conclusions.
No, senior people in this context would not include the media. Media are neither senior nor subordinate to an actor. They're external people that are not in the chain at all. It's clearly senior BBC people. It's got to include RTD. If RTD and Eccleston were in agreement about how things should be run on the show, the other senior BBC wouldn't have mattered.

Mr Awe
You do realise that media people would also include TV executives, producers etc. Media doesn't just mean journalists.
Not in common parlance does "the media" include executives or producers! Generally just journalists.

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1 2013, 11:11 PM   #108
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Eccleston comments on 50th anniversary special return

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Mr Awe wrote: View Post
VDCNI wrote: View Post
It could just as easily mean media people he's dealt with in the past, as he says - he's always acted for adults in the past and had to put up with bullshit and cocktail parties.

There's no specific reference in it to anyone. None of us actually know what happened but most of us also aren't desperate to jump to conclusions.
No, senior people in this context would not include the media. Media are neither senior nor subordinate to an actor. They're external people that are not in the chain at all. It's clearly senior BBC people. It's got to include RTD. If RTD and Eccleston were in agreement about how things should be run on the show, the other senior BBC wouldn't have mattered.

Mr Awe
RTD didn't run the BBC - he was senior person in DW, not senior at the BBC...
True and I'm very aware that. But, I'm guessing that if RTD was firmly in Eccleston's corner, the other brass wouldn't matter. That's a guess but a reasonable one

At the very least, if RTD was not a problem in Eccleston's book, I think we would've heard some language from Chris that excluded Davies from his general comments out of courtesy.

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1 2013, 11:16 PM   #109
DalekJim
Fleet Captain
 
DalekJim's Avatar
 
Location: Great Britain
Re: Eccleston comments on 50th anniversary special return

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
Not in common parlance does "the media" include executives or producers! Generally just journalists.

Mr Awe
I agree with your other points but have to correct you here. People working in "the media" would include anybody working in TV, radio, film, etc.
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1 2013, 11:18 PM   #110
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Eccleston comments on 50th anniversary special return

DalekJim wrote: View Post
Mr Awe wrote: View Post
Not in common parlance does "the media" include executives or producers! Generally just journalists.

Mr Awe
I agree with your other points but have to correct you here. People working in "the media" would include anybody working in TV, radio, film, etc.
It may be a British thing, but here in the states when we talk about the media, it's the press, not executives or producers. But, it does include print and broadcast media.

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.