Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old December 27 2012, 02:55 AM   #46
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Re: TNT cancels Leverage

Christopher wrote: View Post
And really, we've had several season finales on this show that involved the team breaking up, and they always came back together again the next season. I see no reason to doubt the same would've happened again if the show had come back.
Agreed, and I can imagine a season six kicking off with the LI (Leverage International) crew struggling with their new members (or perhaps one of the new members is an enemy bubbling under the surface to strike at another time), only to draw Nate and Sophie back into the fold.
Old December 27 2012, 11:54 AM   #47
Australis
Writer

Hmm, I think I could see a Leverage movie or two there...
"… Times change, and so must I… we all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that’s okay, that’s good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
Australis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27 2012, 06:26 PM   #48
lennier1
Commodore

Australis wrote: View Post
Hmm, I think I could see a Leverage movie or two there...
I'd rather see a reunion movie ten years down the line. Think Sneakers, but with this crazy bunch instead.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31 2012, 11:00 AM   #49
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
RJDonner&Blitzen wrote: View Post
Heck, I picked up a new Kolchak:The Night Stalker novel at Barnes & Noble earlier this week--with Darren McGavin on the cover!
Not a graphic novel? What was the title?
A very skinny little prose novel from Moonstone, titled The Lost World. It's about 175 pages.
Found it and ordered it. Thanks for the tip.
Old December 31 2012, 04:22 PM   #50
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Not a graphic novel? What was the title?
A very skinny little prose novel from Moonstone, titled The Lost World. It's about 175 pages.
Found it and ordered it. Thanks for the tip.
No problem! Enjoy.
Old December 31 2012, 04:40 PM   #51
jayceee
Commander

(At the risk of pouring more fuel into the fire).

Rumor has it that season 5 might not be released on dvd, according to a tweet by Devlin himself.

Dean Devlin ‏@Electric44 @MS_JerseyGirl: I was wondering that, too. RT @Naimo987: are you saying there won't be a #LeverageSeason5 DVD? - probably not unfortunately
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Leve...ason5&src=hash
jayceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31 2012, 04:57 PM   #52
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Well, there go my hopes of getting a complete series Blu-ray set...

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31 2012, 08:31 PM   #53
jayceee
Commander

ATimson wrote: View Post
Well, there go my hopes of getting a complete series Blu-ray set...
I think Leverage would have looked outstanding in full 1080p resolution on bluray. It's a shame that it was never released on bluray. Even the hd broadcasts of the episodes (in 1080i) looked good.

Script quality aside, I thought a few other recent action type tv shows looked really good on bluray, such as the ongoing revived Hawaii Five-0 and Nikita shows.
jayceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31 2012, 11:55 PM   #54
lennier1
Commodore

In case anyone's interested, here are the three books again which were mentioned earlier:
http://www.amazon.com/Con-Job-Levera...dp/042525383X/
http://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Job-Levera...dp/0425253848/
http://www.amazon.com/Bestseller-Job...dp/0425253856/
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1 2013, 12:06 AM   #55
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

lennier1 wrote: View Post
God bless you!

In theory, the first book is on sale now. I was hoping to get my copy in the mail today, but apparently the holidays slowed things down. (Damn you, New Year's!)

I'm looking forward to seeing what Matt and Keith do with Nate and his crew.
Old January 1 2013, 12:15 AM   #56
ATimson
Rear Admiral

In theory, the first book is on sale now. I was hoping to get my copy in the mail today, but apparently the holidays slowed things down. (Damn you, New Year's!)
If you had an eReader that wouldn't be a problem.

(Given your WordPerfect - or was it WordStar? - love, I suspect that's not going to happen anytime soon. )

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1 2013, 12:29 AM   #57
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

ATimson wrote: View Post
If you had an eReader that wouldn't be a problem.

(Given your WordPerfect - or was it WordStar? - love, I suspect that's not going to happen anytime soon. )

Actually, it was the late Harry Harrison who used WordStar. And I made the switch to Word about five books ago, much to the relief of my editors.

Some book contracts actually require that the ms. be delivered in Word these days.

And I suppose I'll have to break down and read an ebook one of these days . . . . .
Old January 1 2013, 01:24 PM   #58
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

^^ I still use WordPerfect. It can export to Word format. If necessary.

As for e-books, I must say that I find them wonderful. While I am a great book lover and nostalgic by nature and love the look and feel and smell of books and love having them piled up all around me, e-books have allowed to collect-- at little or no cost-- the works of writers that I've heard about all my life and was never able to find. Guys like Lord Dunsany, Seabury Quinn, Clark Ashton Smith, Neil R Jones et cetera. Project Gutenberg now includes books in EPUB format that are generally very compatible with the Nook or Kindle, so there is a great supply of heretofore scarce literature available.
Old January 3 2013, 09:09 PM   #59
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Christopher wrote: View Post
bullethead wrote: View Post
I think season 6 might have followed Leverage International and introduced some new characters to fill in the gaps, but who knows.
The series made it 5 seasons without a single cast change, aside from Jeri Ryan sitting in when Gina Bellman was on pregnancy/maternity leave. It's hard to believe they really would've broken up the cast. And really, we've had several season finales on this show that involved the team breaking up, and they always came back together again the next season. I see no reason to doubt the same would've happened again if the show had come back.
Yes, the new season would have opened with Elliot (my guess) coming to Nate and Sophie, admitting they are in over their heads and need help. They come to the rescue and Sophie, who's been missing the life, convinces Nate they need to stay.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2013, 06:56 PM   #60
Technobuilder
Commodore

I'm very much surprised that there hasn't been more talk of a Leverage spin-off.

Upon reflection, it really seemed as if "The Rundown Job" episode was more like a backdoor pilot for a new series featuring Elliot, Parker, & Hardison taking it a step further and stopping more than just fat-cat crooks and uber-wealthy CEOs.

So you take the core three and toss in Jeri Ryan & Adam Baldwin, and you've got the makings of a fine new series right there.

The concept of Leverage International stretches that even further...

So many possibilities.
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Technobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote