Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old December 12 2012, 08:53 PM   #106
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: How many reset buttons?

Well when shows are re-run (at least in the UK) they are always shown in order. Even the multi-part stories which are shown over the course of a few nights.

And even if you miss a few episodes in a serliased show the "LAst Time/Previously" shows you the basics of what you missed and need to know.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2012, 09:33 PM   #107
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Or you can get so frustrated that you buy the DVDs.

It took me ten years to record all of Ally McBeal off the television onto videotape.

I spent a lot of time with calendars and episode lists waiting for specific episodes to crop up in the rerun cycle when life would get in the way.

Seriously. 10 years. (the show aired for 5 years, so it was only the second half of the decade which was me being anally rainman about filling the tiny holes in my collection.)

Alternatively, much later, I managed to download it all from megaupload over night.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 05:05 AM   #108
exodus
Fleet Admiral

MacLeod wrote: View Post
Well when shows are re-run (at least in the UK) they are always shown in order. Even the multi-part stories which are shown over the course of a few nights.

And even if you miss a few episodes in a serliased show the "LAst Time/Previously" shows you the basics of what you missed and need to know.
Yes, how programming over seas is run is very different than it is here in the US. I'm not sure if it was this post or another one but I had mentioned Trek in general seems to be more appreciated in the UK than in the US. I know in my area (NY tri-State), DS9 was barely rerun at all due to it's tight arc' based story. It wasn't until it reran on cable that folks could watch the entire series again. TOS, TNG and Voy., until a fairly recantly reran in syndication all the time.....but out of order.
Old December 13 2012, 07:44 AM   #109
MacLeod
Admiral

And are shows like "24" never re-run?
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
Old December 13 2012, 11:26 AM   #110
lurok
Commodore

exodus wrote: View Post
Well when shows are re-run (at least in the UK) they are always shown in order. Even the multi-part stories which are shown over the course of a few nights...
Yes, how programming over seas is run is very different than it is here in the US. I'm not sure if it was this post or another one but I had mentioned Trek in general seems to be more appreciated in the UK than in the US. I know in my area (NY tri-State), DS9 was barely rerun at all due to it's tight arc' based story. It wasn't until it reran on cable that folks could watch the entire series again. TOS, TNG and Voy., until a fairly recantly reran in syndication all the time.....but out of order.
First time I saw TOS (apart from odd episode in UK) was late night reruns on US TV. Felt like it was always on. Occasionally TNG and VOY but don't recall ever seeing DS9 rerun. Or maybe I just avoided as not a fan then.
lurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 05:56 PM   #111
Anwar
Vice Admiral

I haven't seen any, no.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15 2012, 01:19 AM   #112
exodus
Fleet Admiral

jinglebellrok wrote: View Post
exodus wrote: View Post
Well when shows are re-run (at least in the UK) they are always shown in order. Even the multi-part stories which are shown over the course of a few nights...
First time I saw TOS (apart from odd episode in UK) was late night reruns on US TV. Felt like it was always on. Occasionally TNG and VOY but don't recall ever seeing DS9 rerun. Or maybe I just avoided as not a fan then.
Reruns of TOS are how Trek gained popularity originally.

No.
Plus, the extremely mature nature and themes of "24" doesn't allowed it to be shown before Prime time viewing due to parental television guidelines. Syndication times of regular US TV run from 4 till about 7 or 8. Anything showing extreme violence, mature themes or sexual situations can't be shown before 9:00pm.

Last edited by exodus; December 15 2012 at 01:35 AM.
exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15 2012, 01:41 AM   #113
Harvey
Admiral

The show was sold into off-network syndication in between its fourth and fifth seasons. Due to its heavy serialization, it isn't that valuable on the syndication market though, which is one of the reasons it was cancelled after eight seasons.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26 2012, 04:03 AM   #114
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Harvey wrote: View Post
The show was sold into off-network syndication in between its fourth and fifth seasons. Due to its heavy serialization, it isn't that valuable on the syndication market though, which is one of the reasons it was cancelled after eight seasons.
Was it cancelled or was it just time for it to end it's run?

I just remember watching the first season and they showed a business man getting a bj in a alleyway from a young male prostitute and saying: "What the Hell!! This show is NOT getting rerun ANYWHERE!!!"
Old December 29 2012, 08:13 PM   #115
jpch
Commander

I really hate when people just make a Voyager hate thread...its so annoying yes there was so many reset buttons,but it was very well made and so original,not many series can pull it off. people who hate reset buttons go watch DS9.
oh wait they had to reset and reuse the same CGI over and over,oh and everyone had their shields offline oh and we had fire explosions in space oh oh and we have to survive idiotic characters on the space station that are useless. yes i am very angry because i did not workout this week...Voyager ran for 7 years so yes it was good with or without reset buttons.
jpch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29 2012, 10:42 PM   #116
R. Star
Rear Admiral

jpch wrote: View Post
I really hate when people just make a Voyager hate thread...its so annoying yes there was so many reset buttons,but it was very well made and so original,not many series can pull it off. people who hate reset buttons go watch DS9.
oh wait they had to reset and reuse the same CGI over and over,oh and everyone had their shields offline oh and we had fire explosions in space oh oh and we have to survive idiotic characters on the space station that are useless. yes i am very angry because i did not workout this week...Voyager ran for 7 years so yes it was good with or without reset buttons.
You post about how much you hate people being critical of Voyager... then proceed to rip into DS9? A bit of a contradiction there I think.
Old December 30 2012, 12:17 AM   #117
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Shhhh!

You don't tell fat people that they're fat if they're not going to do anything about it

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30 2012, 11:54 AM   #118
MacLeod
Admiral

One person's great is anothers person good, another persons good is another persons bad.

We all have different views, many TV shows and films have plot holes in them, many re-use expensive effects over and over again.

Now if you are enjoying something you tend to forgive the odd plot hole, if you aren't being engaged by the story each and every plot hole seems bigger and bigger.
Old December 30 2012, 12:12 PM   #119
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

When you stare into the plot hole the plot hole stares back at you.

That's why I just slap some cardboard over 'em and pretend they aren't there.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30 2012, 08:01 PM   #120
jpch
Commander

Star Grinch wrote: View Post
jpch wrote: View Post
You post about how much you hate people being critical of Voyager... then proceed to rip into DS9? A bit of a contradiction there I think.
Not a contradiction at all i am just trying to show people that they will always accept or ignore the issues of most series but when it comes to Voyager its unforgivable they criticize it very harshly while many others were as much or more inconsistent. my main issue is with those ridiculous threads to bash the show indirectly it gets annoying.
jpch is offline   Reply With Quote