Star Trek: Axanar

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Linnear, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Damn Sean, I don't think there's a starship design by you I didn't like.

2. Linnear

Linnear Lieutenant Commander

We take cues from the Pre-Narada canon. We take elements of JJ ships, elements of TOS ships, and it is all mixed together by the genius that is Tobias Richter. I give him thoughts, he makes edits and away we go.

I am just incredibly grateful to have Tobias on board. He is not only brilliant, but a helluva nice guy.

Alec

3. Titan Designer

Titan Designer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree I just can't wait to see them all in action as a fleet.

4. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes Tobias does incredible work!

5. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Though every time I see him work on a fan film project it brings back fond memories of a certain project he supported back in the 90's. :D

6. Linnear

Here is a great montage of the work Sean has done on our costume concepts. This is the basis for the work Christian, will do coming up with the final design, working with Brenda, our costume designer.

I think it is fair to say this level of work has never been done before, and it is awesome to be working with so many great people adding their ideas.

Alec

[​IMG]

7. Titan Designer

Thanks Alec, I personally can't wait to see them made. Especially the away team jackets. THis is building up to be a great production.

8. Linnear

I am happy to say, based on our article in Trekmovie.com, we were approached by a professional composer who is a Star Trek fan to do the score. He loved what he saw of Axanar and contacted me on our Facebook page. His first job in L.A. was working with Bear McCreary of BSG fame, and he now works on Revolution.

His demo is amazing. More to come.

Alec

9. Captain Atkin

Captain Atkin Captain Captain

Awesome news! Can't wait to hear his music :)

10. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

I haven't seen Whom Gods Destroy yet but I definitely will though before your first short.

Having seen the Trekmovie article and Facebook, I'm loving the progress on this project. It seems we'll end up with something rather special on our hands!

11. Linnear

Thank you! That is very kind of you. And yes, we all are trying to make "Axanar" something special. The process is just amazing. It is so much fun to work with talented people in every area. Our meeting last week with Christian the director and Brenda the costume designer, was so engaging and thought provoking. I can't wait for our next meeting.

Alec

12. Titan Designer

And I look forward to my next set of concepts that may come my way.

13. Linnear

Our new composer, Alex Bornstein, met with me last night and gave me the first pieces of music he did for Axanar. Basically, working on themes based on the script. Obviously the score will be done specifically, but this gives us a base from which to work and find a direction. I can only say WOW. The guy is amazing.

Like with everything we are trying to do, it will really raise the bar. The team members who have heard it have all been blown away, and this is Alex's first take!

We are all more inspired today.

Alec

14. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Please share some music with us as soon as you can. I'm always excited to hear new composers' takes on Star Trek music.

15. Loken

Loken Lieutenant Commander

Christian Gossett our director, is looking for a story board artist to work with him. Christian is a well known graphic artist having done "The Red Star" currently optioned by Warner Brothers. But he has a lot of work to do and needs a junior storyboarder to work with him.

If you are interested, please email me at alec (at) propworx (dot) com.

Alec

16. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Alec, do you have 2 accounts (Linnear and Loken) here?

17. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I suspect a clone. Or temporal anomaly.

Mark

18. Loken

You know, I thought they deleted the old one when I was talking with the admin. I had one under my old email years ago, and then I created a new one when I couldn't access that old email account.. I am glad you pointed it out! I have asked the admin to delete "linnear".

Alec

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  19. Loken

Looking for someone to be our web master. Damaris, my best friend who has done all our web work for 4 years, has a full time job (in addition to raising her two AWESOME boys) and so I would love to take this off her plate.

Email me at alec (at) propworx (dot) com

Alec

20. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey Alec, this is something I would love to do but I am too busy building a brand new website for Star Trek: Renegades and then Walter Koenig's official website. I can offer assistance and advice though if needed since websites are one of my specialties.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.